Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-06-2021, 10:14 AM  
The talking stonehead

***Official Soccer Thread***

Creating a new thread for soccer discussion since the Euro’s are done.

Most leagues are in preseason and Sporting KC are currently in a battle for the best record in the league to win the shield. We just sent Busio who’s a young Sporting youth academy player and possible future American star to Venezia to compete in the top division in Italy for a 6.5 million dollar transfer fee with up to $11 million with incentives and a 20% future sell-on rate if they sell him to another team. Not to mention another past youth academy player from Lee’s Summit and another possible World Cup starter Erik Palmer-Brown looks to be joining him at Venezia soon as well. If you’re looking for an Italian team to start rooting for with your new Paramount+ subscription they would be a good candidate with some local flavor.

The U.S has built a little power shift in the CONCACAF region with their wins over Mexico lately in Nations and Gold Cup finals and look to be in really good shape heading into the World Cup qualifiers next month.

Messi looks to be on the move as well. Let’s hope it’s not a worthless one to PSG for everyone’s sake.

Ok, CP feel free to remind me how gay soccer is now. Don’t care. Sporting is kicking ass and so is the USA. It’s a good time to be following along. Discuss…
Spoiler!
POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 12-09-2023, 07:29 PM   #451
For The Glory Of The City

This Malte Amundsen pass was perfect.

|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-09-2023, 08:13 PM   #452
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Zach| View Post
Great match. Deserving champions.
Agreed. But the first goal…I hate the PK.
alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-09-2023, 08:25 PM   #453

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_omega View Post
Agreed. But the first goal…I hate the PK.
It is a clear PK for me but I hate it happened in the final. Don't like the sequence of events I get it.
|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-09-2023, 10:02 PM   #454
Inmem 2.0

The currents new stadium looks very cool with the skyline in the background
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-09-2023, 10:03 PM   #455

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
The currents new stadium looks very cool with the skyline in the background
I wish they would have made it a little bigger but they did a good with it. Excited to see it in action. Hope they put a quality team out for the fans.
Old 12-09-2023, 10:05 PM   #456
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Zach| View Post
I wish they would have made it a little bigger but they did a good with it. Excited to see it in action. Hope they put a quality team out for the fans.
It's amazing how the soccer teams are able to pull off things like this while the baseball team sputters. I totally expect SKC to put an impressive stadium downtown in about a decade
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-09-2023, 10:18 PM   #457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
It's amazing how the soccer teams are able to pull off things like this while the baseball team sputters. I totally expect SKC to put an impressive stadium downtown in about a decade
I doubt it but would be very cool.

It is a little easier when you are a smaller and more nimble club or league but yea its been fun to watch the sports grow and how exciting it is. Then you look at the Royals and its like....**** this shit.
Old 12-17-2023, 10:12 PM   #458

Meanwhile in theLiga MX Apertura final.

Old 12-26-2023, 05:15 PM   #459
MVP

From a tweet by Yahoo! Sports... and counting only nationally televised games. The Yahoo! tweet only counts the Big Four plus MLS. But we know that the XFL and USFL both averaged 600,000 viewers each. For comparison:

NFL: 9.2 million
NBA: 711,000
NHL: 398,000
MLB: 378,000
MLS: 113,000

Spring football is more popular than the MLS.
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 05:19 PM   #460
In my youth i pray to keep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut View Post
From a tweet by Yahoo! Sports... and counting only nationally televised games. The Yahoo! tweet only counts the Big Four plus MLS. But we know that the XFL and USFL both averaged 600,000 viewers each. For comparison:

I like soccer (more than your avg American at least) and I'll barely watch MLS.
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 10:05 PM   #461

Quote:

Maybe that league won't sputter and disband every few years but I won't hold my breath. There is a reason it is not considered when looking at numbers across the board.

SKC for example played just shy of 40 games across all competitions. The numbers have been just fine and are growing by every metric.

It is even growing in the metric of insecure constantly disappearing football league fans begging soccer fans for validation for some reason.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 10:05 PM   #462

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdj23 View Post
I like soccer (more than your avg American at least) and I'll barely watch MLS.
You have a perfectly fine domestic league right in front of you.

The world needs front runners as well though. It takes all kinds of fans to make a sport.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 08:25 AM   #463
The talking stonehead

It’s definitely time to push Garber out. Such a critical time for the league. You have a small window with the biggest star in the game and you still put limits on the spending. Let the owners compete or get pushed out at this point. It’s a joke. Garber’s a joke. This sums up the current state of the league quite nicely.

“Let’s summarize the state of the league after the news yesterday..

I’ve been following MLS for about 15 years. For 90% of that time, I’ve been defensive of the methods that the league has employed because I understood their necessity.

Low salary caps, tight spending.. it all made sense 10-15 years ago. Teams were on the verge of collapse still. Chivas USA wasnt that long ago.

But right now, here is where we stand..

• Soccer is popular. More people watch soccer (Liga MX & Premier League) than hockey. MLS is no longer existing in an America that hates soccer, quite the opposite.
• We have 30 very stable clubs. The expansion era is mostly behind us. “Growth” in that respect is nearing its limit.
• Most every club has their own stadium and training facilities. The biggest expenditures are behind the league.
• MLS has one of the richest collection of owners on the planet. Most every owner is worth billions
• MLS is partnered with the most innovative and powerful tech company in the history of planet earth
• The greatest player in the history of the sport chose to come play here and has brought more attention to the league than ever
• We are about to have 3 straight summers of massive international (club and country) soccer tournaments played in the USA

And yet, MLS refuses to allow clubs to increase spending in the slightest. We get Premier League season ticket prices while watching squads built on a League One budget. We will still be performing miracles if we can wil Champions Cup, despite having 10 teams in the tournament, but that’s okay because we’ll have another gimmick Leagues Cup tournament where we pull Mexican clubs out of their country for a month and treat Club America and Chivas like the Harlem Globetrotters.

The fact that MLS has refused to budge even in the slightest in a time as ripe as this is incredibly demoralizing. Maybe the changes in 2025 will be more in the direction of what we’re looking for, but honestly, what reason has the league given anyone to think that will happen?”
POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 08:43 AM   #464
MVP

Premier League is amazing soccer.

The MLS is crap.
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-27-2023, 08:53 AM   #465
I'm with the Banned

Quote:
Premier League is amazing soccer.

The MLS is crap.
Fertilizing the ground is what mls has done. It's fertilized, and yet it doesn't allow the garden to grow for some reason. Read the above tweet by POR and you may understand why.
Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.