Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-03-2022, 06:57 PM  
sorta mod-ish

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Maybe it's overkill having a thread for this, but meh.

Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-30-2023, 01:31 PM   #196
The Demon Preacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
There's overstating for effect and then there's this.
I'm not overstating it... that is my opinion and I stand by it. This episode was BAD.
Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 06-30-2023, 02:06 PM   #197
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx View Post
I'm not overstating it... that is my opinion and I stand by it. This episode was BAD.
Nah. And you certainly can't invoke Discovery and expect that take to be taken seriously after that.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 02:10 PM   #198
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx View Post
No where near as bad as Discovery. Not even the same universe.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 06-30-2023, 02:25 PM   #199
The Demon Preacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider View Post
No where near as bad as Discovery. Not even the same universe.
I didn't say it was as bad as Discovery (comparing a single episode to an entire massively flawed series). I said that had this been an episode of Discovery... it would have been among their worst.

Singular episode. This was ****ing BAD. Everything else in SNWs has been some of the better Trek to come out and it is the best live action Trek to hit the screen since DS9.

But this ONE episode was hot ****ing garbage.
Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 06-30-2023, 02:26 PM   #200
The Demon Preacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
Nah. And you certainly can't invoke Discovery and expect that take to be taken seriously after that.
This episode had me waiting for it to end like every episode of Discovery so far. I get you disagree and that is fine. But this was a garbage throw-away episode.
Old 07-02-2023, 10:13 AM   #201
Immanentize The Eschaton

Something to tide you over until the next episode...

https://youtu.be/jYv9seckvxQ
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-03-2023, 04:54 PM   #202
Fight, build, win!

So far season 3 blows. I will continue on in hopes that it will improve.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-03-2023, 06:39 PM   #203
On Hiatus

Sorry if I am the loner here but I didn't seem to hate this last episode as much as most of you.

And I certainly don't hate this season at all. In reality SNW has made me give Star Trek another look because I sure couldn't get into Star Trek Picard.
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 07-03-2023, 07:02 PM   #204
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
Sorry if I am the loner here but I didn't seem to hate this last episode as much as most of you.

And I certainly don't hate this season at all. In reality SNW has made me give Star Trek another look because I sure couldn't get into Star Trek Picard.
There's nothing wrong with the episode or this season.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-03-2023, 07:05 PM   #205
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:

I enjoyed the episode. I thought it was better than episode two. The two mains (Kirk and Singh) did a great job. The primary support (Romulan) was very good as well. At some point it gets stupid to talk about a society shattering world war that happened in the 90's on a show being broadcast in 2023 and they found a way around it.
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-03-2023, 07:45 PM   #206
Veteran

If you were actually trying to reconcile the myriad of continuity problems that exist in Star Trek now, a future temporal war changing history isn't the worst way to do it. I mean it'd probably be better to just ignore it, but if you had to explain it.

In a similar vein, I used to have a theory that Enterprise (the show) was a result of the changes to the timeline caused by the bits of future knowledge Zefram Cochrane learned in First Contact.
Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2023, 04:29 PM   #207
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:

I liked it also, it humanized La'an instead of the typical STRONG WOMAN/frigid bitch.
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-04-2023, 08:21 PM   #208
sorta mod-ish

Mark me down as enjoying that episode. An interesting little take on an alternate reality gone wrong.

And also mark me down as enjoying Christina Chong in general -

Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 11:49 AM   #209
The Demon Preacher

Back to exploring and doing Enterprise stuff.

Solid episode last night! They okie-doked me with the beginning of the episode and made me think we were doing another La'an type episode.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 12:02 PM   #210
MVP

Might have been my favorite episode after a couple (IMO) stinkers that had little to do with the premise of the show (you know, Strange New Worlds). As Mr.Janx noted, I was pleasantly surprised we didn't have to endure another personalized episode. The show was sorely missing Pike and I'm glad we got to see him in action.
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.