Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-05-2021, 05:56 PM  
Champs!

***Official 2021 Major League Baseball Playoff Repository Thread***

Schedule of the MLB 2021 Playoffs can be found below:
https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/2...ild-card-game/

Last edited by Bearcat; 11-02-2021 at 09:47 PM..
Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-06-2021, 10:42 PM   #151
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1020 View Post
How have the Dodgers and Giants never played each other in the playoffs?
WC still relatively new from a historical standpoint. No real way for them to have matched up prior, at least the SF vs LA versions.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-06-2021, 10:46 PM   #152
MVP

Truth be told, the Dodgers and Giants are the 2 best teams in baseball and this needed to happen. The baseball Gods are correct tonight
jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.
Old 10-06-2021, 11:35 PM   #153
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Not? View Post
WC still relatively new from a historical standpoint. No real way for them to have matched up prior, at least the SF vs LA versions.
They did match up in the American Association World Series in 1889, which the Giants won.

They also played three-game tiebreaker series in 1951 and 1962 (Games 163-65) but they are counted as regular season games.
Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 10-07-2021, 05:45 AM   #154
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocotillo View Post
They did match up in the American Association World Series in 1889, which the Giants won.

They also played three-game tiebreaker series in 1951 and 1962 (Games 163-65) but they are counted as regular season games.

I didn't know about the AAWS matchup. I knew about the tiebreaker series, but didn't reference because, as you pointed out, they count much the same as a modern era "game 163" would count as a regular season game. Anyway, the Giants just don't lose. They will be an extremely tough out and without an at the top of his game Scherzer (and he is not, he got really fortunate last night), I don't see the Dodgers winning this series. Giants in 6
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-07-2021, 05:51 AM   #155
In Search of a Life

How was Scherzer fortunate last night? Was it his best performance? No. But the only run he gave up was unearned. He was in less overall trouble than Wainwright. The only reason the Dodgers had to bat in the 9th was because the fastest player in the game swung at ball 4 with the bases loaded and broke his bat while putting the ball in the only location where he could be doubled up.

Last edited by jd1020; 10-07-2021 at 05:58 AM..
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 10-07-2021, 06:56 AM   #156
In Search of a Life

Quote:
How was Scherzer fortunate last night? Was it his best performance? No. But the only run he gave up was unearned. He was in less overall trouble than Wainwright. The only reason the Dodgers had to bat in the 9th was because the fastest player in the game swung at ball 4 with the bases loaded and broke his bat while putting the ball in the only location where he could be doubled up.
The run he allowed was an earned run. The Cardinals had multiple base runners in scoring position and couldn't do anything with them. Granted, that means Scherzer made some pitches when he needed to but if you want to hang your hat on that being a performance in line with an ace pitcher, go ahead. Look, the Dodgers won the game and that's what matters. I'm looking at it from a totally objective standpoint, I have no dog in the fight. I'm guessing you're a Dodgers fan so surely you're aware of Scherzer's past several starts? My overall point is that if you get that version of Scherzer, I don't think the Dodgers can win a series against the best team in baseball in 2021. Best of luck in the next round.
Old 10-07-2021, 07:06 AM   #157
In Search of a Life

Quote:
The run he allowed was an earned run.
My bad. I was thinking the run scored on the error.

Quote:
The Cardinals had multiple base runners in scoring position and couldn't do anything with them. Granted, that means Scherzer made some pitches when he needed to but if you want to hang your hat on that being a performance in line with an ace pitcher, go ahead.
So being fortunate means that he didn't pitch like an ace? The Cardinals had base runners on first outside the 1st inning when they scored their only run, a bunt by Wainwright for the 2nd out to get Bader to 2nd, and the 5th when Scherzer was taken out after he just struck out O'Neil.

Where is the fortune? The Cardinals had 2 legitimate threats of scoring when Scherzer was on the mound through the 5th and none were nearly as dangerous as when the Dodgers failed to score with the bases loaded and 1 out with Trea Turner at the plate.

The odds of not giving up a run to start any inning is 70%. There was a 70% chance of ending the first only giving up the 1 run. There was a 80% chance of getting out of the 3rd not giving up a run, which is why a lot of managers dont sacrifice bunt any more, why Shildt chose to do that instead of attempt to steal second with Bader I will never know. And once Scherzer struck out O'Neil in the 5th there was a 60% chance of getting out of that inning with 0 runs scored. Arguably the only fortunate moment of the night was getting out of the 5th with 0 runs scored.

Last edited by jd1020; 10-07-2021 at 07:24 AM..
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 10-07-2021, 07:24 AM   #158
In Search of a Life

Quote:

So being fortunate means that he didn't pitch like an ace? The Cardinals had base runners on first outside the 1st inning when they scored their only run, a bunt by Wainwright for the 2nd out to get Bader to 2nd, and the 5th when Scherzer was taken out after he just struck out O'Neil.

Where is the fortune? The Cardinals had 2 legitimate threats of scoring when Scherzer was on the mound through the 5th and none were nearly as dangerous as when the Dodgers failed to score with the bases loaded and 1 out with Trea Turner at the plate.

There was a 70% chance of ending the first only giving up the 1 run. There was a 80% chance of getting out of the 3rd not giving up a run, which is why a lot of managers dont sacrifice bunt any more, why Shildt chose to do that instead of attempt to steal second with Bader I will never know. And once Scherzer struck out O'Neil in the 5th there was a 60% chance of getting out of that inning with 0 runs scored. Arguably the only fortunate moment of the night was getting out of the 5th with 0 runs scored.

My guess is that if you told Scherzer pre game that you were giving him the ball in a win or go home game, and he was going to give you 4 1/3 without a single clean inning, but you were gonna win the game anyway, he would immediately start thanking his teammates.

Anyway, as I said, the W is all that matters. On to the next round. We'll see how it plays out.
Old 10-07-2021, 07:26 AM   #159
What's up braj?

Quote:

The odds of not giving up a run to start any inning is 70%. There was a 70% chance of ending the first only giving up the 1 run. There was a 80% chance of getting out of the 3rd not giving up a run, which is why a lot of managers dont sacrifice bunt any more, why Shildt chose to do that instead of attempt to steal second with Bader I will never know. And once Scherzer struck out O'Neil in the 5th there was a 60% chance of getting out of that inning with 0 runs scored. Arguably the only fortunate moment of the night was getting out of the 5th with 0 runs scored.
Lmao what a ****ing nerd
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 07:28 AM   #160
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi View Post
Lmao what a ****ing nerd

Welcome to the offseason, loser.
Old 10-07-2021, 07:53 AM   #161
What's up braj?

Quote:

Welcome to the offseason, loser.
Cool! More time to spend with my family, who actually love me! Too bad you don’t know what that’s like.
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-07-2021, 07:56 AM   #162
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi View Post
Cool! More time to spend with my family, who actually love me! Too bad you don’t know what that’s like.
OOOOoooooooo. Good one. Had to really dig deep into the bag of insults to come up with that lame shit.
Old 10-07-2021, 11:28 AM   #163
MVP

Great game last night. Woke up this morning like
jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.
Old 10-07-2021, 03:20 PM   #164
Champs!

I get the feeling that the Sox is going to either get swept or lose in 4 games.
Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-07-2021, 03:38 PM   #165
21st Century Schizoid Fan

Afternoon playoff games in Houston bring back some sweet, sweet memories
siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote