Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2016, 11:23 AM  
Kind of a mod

Investing megathread extravaganza

A place to talk about investing stuff.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-19-2021 at 06:35 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-11-2021, 07:34 PM   #11386
Politically Incorrect

Insurance is THE most confusing shit of all.

I don't know jack shit.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-12-2021, 04:34 PM   #11387
fides quaerens intellectum

There has to be an "insurable interest" in order for the contract to be valid. That same interest exists for life insurance situations as well as tangible property. I don't have an insurable interest in my neighbor's life nor his car and therefore would not be able to get a policy over either (or, if the company issues it based on my lies, can void the payout later when I try to enforce it).
Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 05:37 PM   #11388
20 Menthol KOOLs

I'm looking to just drop a few thousand into some stocks expected to trend upward over the next few years. I don't want to play the day-trading game trying to watch this shit every week.

What are some of your favorites? Best performers over the last few years?
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-12-2021, 05:39 PM   #11389
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
I'm looking to just drop a few thousand into some stocks expected to trend upward over the next few years. I don't want to play the day-trading game trying to watch this shit every week.

I feel like the obvious safe answer here is goog or amzn.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-12-2021, 05:45 PM   #11390
It's just a ride.

Besides those two I'd say Tesla as well.
Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 09-12-2021, 05:48 PM   #11391
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenson71 View Post
There has to be an "insurable interest" in order for the contract to be valid. That same interest exists for life insurance situations as well as tangible property. I don't have an insurable interest in my neighbor's life nor his car and therefore would not be able to get a policy over either (or, if the company issues it based on my lies, can void the payout later when I try to enforce it).
Imagine drafting this up during a nail biter Chiefs game.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 05:48 PM   #11392
Mammoth penis

Quote:

AMC is the obvious choice.
MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-12-2021, 07:45 PM   #11393
Supporter

Quote:

SPY
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-12-2021, 08:32 PM   #11394
Mod Team

Quote:

Do you have the boring stuff managed first? A 401k, ROTH IRA? What percentage of your income are you saving for retirement before you move into riskier returns like individual stocks?
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-12-2021, 08:44 PM   #11395
20 Menthol KOOLs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I feel like the obvious safe answer here is goog or amzn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
SPY
Sounds good and safe, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Do you have the boring stuff managed first? A 401k, ROTH IRA? What percentage of your income are you saving for retirement before you move into riskier returns like individual stocks?
I've got a 401k. Right now I'm just doing the $6,000/year that is allowed. I save a fair bit more each year as well which is why I'm a little interested in parking some more cash in safe types of stocks.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-12-2021, 08:50 PM   #11396
Starter

A 401k isn’t limited to 6k. You can contribute like 19% to a 401k. A Roth IRA is limited to 6k.
Chazno is not part of the Right 53.Chazno is not part of the Right 53.Chazno is not part of the Right 53.Chazno is not part of the Right 53.Chazno is not part of the Right 53.Chazno is not part of the Right 53.Chazno is not part of the Right 53.Chazno is not part of the Right 53.Chazno is not part of the Right 53.Chazno is not part of the Right 53.Chazno is not part of the Right 53.
Old 09-12-2021, 08:55 PM   #11397
20 Menthol KOOLs

My b. I did the same thing earlier in this thread.

I have a traditional IRA!

My company has an option for 401k but they don't match so it doesn't seem worth the hassle.
Old 09-12-2021, 09:10 PM   #11398
Mod Team

Quote:

I've got a 401k. Right now I'm just doing the $6,000/year that is allowed. I save a fair bit more each year as well which is why I'm a little interested in parking some more cash in safe types of stocks.
There are NO safe stocks. In a market downturn or correction, even the big company stocks can be cut in half. If this is money you may need in a few years, don't put that on stocks. Example, don't put your emergency savings fund in stocks.

If this is money you may not need for 5+ years, I'd probably choose SPY or some of the big blue chip companies like AAPL, AMZN, V, DIS, MSFT.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-12-2021, 10:10 PM   #11399
Supporter

Quote:

Quote:
My b. I did the same thing earlier in this thread.

I have a traditional IRA!

My company has an option for 401k but they don't match so it doesn't seem worth the hassle.
Couple things, if you're capping out the IRA and still looking to invest, do the 401K. It does not affect your IRA limit and has a 17K cap per year.

The other thing you can do is set up ROTH. That will give you another 6K limit. and Roth is probably smart for the under 50 crowd, which IIRC you are.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2021, 05:52 AM   #11400
MVP

Quote:

ASML
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.