Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-31-2021, 03:10 AM  
MVP

Post Senior Bowl mock

I won’t get into depth with restructures/extensions but will try to identify players who are retained by the club, add FA’s, followed by the mock:

Top 51 Allowed to walk in FA:
Watkins, Wilson, Reiter, Breeland, Kpassagnon, Robinson, Bell, Wisniewski,

Released:
Watts, O’Daniel

Chiefs extend/re-sign:
Sorenson, Remmers, Wylie, Osemele, Ward, Pennel, Charlton, Pringle, D.Williams, Niemann, Keizer, Yelder, Baker, Kilgore, Sherman

FA pickups:

Nick Vigil - LB: The Chiefs were reportedly pursuing Vigil last offseason, so it could make sense to circle back to a smart, saavy vet who while limited athletically can bring decent coverage and pursuit to a position group needing depth. 1 year -$3 million

Sidney Jones -CB: Has not lived up to his draft slot going back a few years, but Jones has some nice frame/length to work with and he has ball skills. If he can get over the injuries, he proved rather dependable while on the field with the Jags. Breeland has earned a payday, but it won’t be in KC as the young secondary is ready to grow together. 1 year - $1.5 million

Rashard Higgins - WR: Higgins is an ascending player who is a chain mover with dependable hands. He really stepped up for Mayfield in Cleveland when OBJ went down. He has position versatility and knows how to get open against zone and is good when plays go to scramble. He could easily match Watkins production and will be available week to week unlike Sammy. 3 years - $20 million

2021 DRAFT

1. EDGE - Carlos Basham Jr. - Wake Forest
- Boogie is a well rounded DE who sets the edge, reads offensive technique well, and he plays with violent hands and has great bend and re-direct around the edge and in pursuit. While he does not have the quickest get-off, Basham utilizes multiple pass rush moves to beat opposing OT’s and he is cagey in how he sets them up. Prototype build with some scheme diversity.

2. OT - Dillon Radunz - NDSU
- Some will question the level of competition, some will question his weight and technique... but Radunz battles. You can see in film that Radunz wants the fight and he just plain gets the job done. He is a rather smooth setter, and can flat out be nasty in gap scheme run blocking. A pro conditioning program will do Radunz wonders as he can get stronger and bigger, but nobody need coach him up regarding attitude and desire. Super high ceiling with this kid who can maybe become great.

3. S - Talanoa Hufanga - USC
- Hufanga is a heavier DB who has a versatile skill set. He is a great blitzer, and an intimidating hitter. He has great instincts in short to intermediate zones, and is decent in tracking rbs/TEs in man. He could be an eventual Sorenson replacement who can walk down into the box and be a Buck linebacker, but also not hurt you in the slot so long as he has help over top. Most regard him as a top 75-90 pick so he may not be available by the time the Chiefs pick.

4. TE - Kenny Yeboah - Ole Miss
- Yeboah aligned a lot as a wing/tight split TE as opposed to inline, but he is a willing blocker who does not hurt the running game. Where Yeboah shines is in his subtle route running techniques off of play-action. He knows how to find grass against zone and is a great pass catcher with plus athleticism. Yeboah can flex out and often wins against linebackers and safeties. He could be a useful red zone option in Reid’s attack.

4. ILB - K.J. Britt - Auburn
- Britt reads keys well and sniffs out the ball. He can fight through the trash and make plays. Ideally a Will/Mike, Britt is a strong run defender but a bit limited in coverage as he is a tad stiff in his drops. He showed well at the Senior Bowl and likely raised his draft stock, displaying urgency and great vision in terms of diagnosing plays post-snap.

5. CB - Benjamin St. Juste - Minnesota
- St. Juste has the length Spags loves at corner with a 6’3”/200 lb. frame. He can press and carry well, and he has an underrated recovery ability for a bigger corner. St. Juste times his break-ups well, and changes direction fluidly. While he projects to be an average tester, the kid loves to compete and he rarely gives up easy completions. Projects on the outside only.

5. RB - Stevie Scott - Indiana
- With Bell unlikely to be retained and some uncertainty around a Damien Williams return, it cannot hurt to reinforce the RB room with the bruiser Stevie Scott. Scott was an unsung hero of sorts for Indiana as he wore down defenses with his hard running style. At 230 lbs., Scott is a load, but has nice burst and vision along with strong contact balance. He can make plays in the passing game although he needs to work on his hands. He is solid in pass pro and is loved by teammates as he’s played through injuries and commits to every play.

6. WR - Shi Smith - South Carolina
- Smith tests fast and plays fast. Elusive and electric, Smith has great hands and can separate on go routes, plus he has great high point timing. While Smith is still raw as a prospect, his athleticism cannot be overlooked as he has game-breaking speed and quickness.
Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 01-31-2021, 11:06 AM   #2
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Northman View Post
I won’t get into depth with restructures/extensions but will try to identify players who are retained by the club, add FA’s, followed by the mock:

Top 51 Allowed to walk in FA:
Watkins, Wilson, Reiter, Breeland, Kpassagnon, Robinson, Bell, Wisniewski,

Released:
Watts, O’Daniel

Chiefs extend/re-sign:
Sorenson, Remmers, Wylie, Osemele, Ward, Pennel, Charlton, Pringle, D.Williams, Niemann, Keizer, Yelder, Baker, Kilgore, Sherman

FA pickups:

Nick Vigil - LB: The Chiefs were reportedly pursuing Vigil last offseason, so it could make sense to circle back to a smart, saavy vet who while limited athletically can bring decent coverage and pursuit to a position group needing depth. 1 year -$3 million

Sidney Jones -CB: Has not lived up to his draft slot going back a few years, but Jones has some nice frame/length to work with and he has ball skills. If he can get over the injuries, he proved rather dependable while on the field with the Jags. Breeland has earned a payday, but it won’t be in KC as the young secondary is ready to grow together. 1 year - $1.5 million

Rashard Higgins - WR: Higgins is an ascending player who is a chain mover with dependable hands. He really stepped up for Mayfield in Cleveland when OBJ went down. He has position versatility and knows how to get open against zone and is good when plays go to scramble. He could easily match Watkins production and will be available week to week unlike Sammy. 3 years - $20 million

2021 DRAFT

1. EDGE - Carlos Basham Jr. - Wake Forest
- Boogie is a well rounded DE who sets the edge, reads offensive technique well, and he plays with violent hands and has great bend and re-direct around the edge and in pursuit. While he does not have the quickest get-off, Basham utilizes multiple pass rush moves to beat opposing OT’s and he is cagey in how he sets them up. Prototype build with some scheme diversity.

2. OT - Dillon Radunz - NDSU
- Some will question the level of competition, some will question his weight and technique... but Radunz battles. You can see in film that Radunz wants the fight and he just plain gets the job done. He is a rather smooth setter, and can flat out be nasty in gap scheme run blocking. A pro conditioning program will do Radunz wonders as he can get stronger and bigger, but nobody need coach him up regarding attitude and desire. Super high ceiling with this kid who can maybe become great.

3. S - Talanoa Hufanga - USC
- Hufanga is a heavier DB who has a versatile skill set. He is a great blitzer, and an intimidating hitter. He has great instincts in short to intermediate zones, and is decent in tracking rbs/TEs in man. He could be an eventual Sorenson replacement who can walk down into the box and be a Buck linebacker, but also not hurt you in the slot so long as he has help over top. Most regard him as a top 75-90 pick so he may not be available by the time the Chiefs pick.

4. TE - Kenny Yeboah - Ole Miss
- Yeboah aligned a lot as a wing/tight split TE as opposed to inline, but he is a willing blocker who does not hurt the running game. Where Yeboah shines is in his subtle route running techniques off of play-action. He knows how to find grass against zone and is a great pass catcher with plus athleticism. Yeboah can flex out and often wins against linebackers and safeties. He could be a useful red zone option in Reid’s attack.

4. ILB - K.J. Britt - Auburn
- Britt reads keys well and sniffs out the ball. He can fight through the trash and make plays. Ideally a Will/Mike, Britt is a strong run defender but a bit limited in coverage as he is a tad stiff in his drops. He showed well at the Senior Bowl and likely raised his draft stock, displaying urgency and great vision in terms of diagnosing plays post-snap.

5. CB - Benjamin St. Juste - Minnesota
- St. Juste has the length Spags loves at corner with a 6’3”/200 lb. frame. He can press and carry well, and he has an underrated recovery ability for a bigger corner. St. Juste times his break-ups well, and changes direction fluidly. While he projects to be an average tester, the kid loves to compete and he rarely gives up easy completions. Projects on the outside only.

5. RB - Stevie Scott - Indiana
- With Bell unlikely to be retained and some uncertainty around a Damien Williams return, it cannot hurt to reinforce the RB room with the bruiser Stevie Scott. Scott was an unsung hero of sorts for Indiana as he wore down defenses with his hard running style. At 230 lbs., Scott is a load, but has nice burst and vision along with strong contact balance. He can make plays in the passing game although he needs to work on his hands. He is solid in pass pro and is loved by teammates as he’s played through injuries and commits to every play.

6. WR - Shi Smith - South Carolina
- Smith tests fast and plays fast. Elusive and electric, Smith has great hands and can separate on go routes, plus he has great high point timing. While Smith is still raw as a prospect, his athleticism cannot be overlooked as he has game-breaking speed and quickness.
Its a good group. Players fit well in the schemes.

I want to see another offensive paymaker in the early rounds ... probably instead of the S.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 11:39 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Its a good group. Players fit well in the schemes.

I want to see another offensive paymaker in the early rounds ... probably instead of the S.
If you were to swap in Amari Rodgers (WR) in the 3rd, and then Jacoby Stevens (S) in the 6th, I'd like that.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-31-2021, 12:02 PM   #4
Most Valuable Villain

Who is starting at your tackle spots in the beginning of the year?
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-31-2021, 12:36 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Who is starting at your tackle spots in the beginning of the year?
Radunz/Schwartz
Remmers/Niang backups along with Rankin. I expect Niang to maybe factor in at Guard.
Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 02-01-2021, 10:01 AM   #6
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Northman View Post
Radunz/Schwartz
Remmers/Niang backups along with Rankin. I expect Niang to maybe factor in at Guard.
I wouldn't expect Schwartz to be back. That's just me.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 10:03 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
I wouldn't expect Schwartz to be back. That's just me.
Yeah I think he's done.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2021, 06:20 PM   #8
MVP

I really like Higgins in FA but just found it all but impossible to project signing him without some concessions.

As for the draft, I primarily like it.

I've soured a bit on Basham and don't see him as a twitchy enough player for my liking.

I also don't see Radunz making it to 64 after a solid Senior Bowl week.

I also took notice of Britt in the Senior Bowl while I was watching Grant Stuard (I love his energy) and thought he looked alot better in coverage over what I saw at Auburn. He'd be a solid guy midway through to take a shot on, and if you whiff you probably still have a decent run down linebacker.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.