Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-02-2024, 03:34 PM  
MVP

Toyota to start selling direct to customers

Good news for consumers. Tesla changed the game by refusing to have a dealer network.

The dealership network is antiquated and has pissed off OEMs by screwing customers with dealer mark-ups of $10k+ on certain vehicles.

This is going to be a slow process, but a move in the right direction.

Test drives and maintenance will be done like Tesla's model.

I say it's about damn time to get rid of the leaches.

What say you?
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 01-02-2024, 04:40 PM   #31
What's up braj?

I mean… this is just step one to Toyota buying back all their dealerships, no? Someone’s gotta PDI these cars. You think they want morons at Jiffy Lube doing warranty work?
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-02-2024, 04:41 PM   #32
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Same thing with Realtors. Antiquated as ****. Could all be done online. You want the personal touch, cool. But, I don't need you at 6% of my home value and still have to pay all kinds of processing fees.
6% comes from the seller. Not the buyer.

If you don't want to pay 6% then sale the house yourself. No one forces you to use a real estate agent.
Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 04:41 PM   #33
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi View Post
I mean… this is just step one to Toyota buying back all their dealerships, no? Someone’s gotta PDI these cars. You think they want morons at Jiffy Lube doing warranty work?
This.
KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.
Old 01-02-2024, 04:42 PM   #34
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
From my understanding the dealerships here make a ton of campaign contributions and have a very strong lobby.
Yup. bet a lot of laws are like that. Put it to a vote of the people? No way. Those campaign contributions need to keep coming in. Disclaimer.... this happens on both sides equally. No partisan politics to debate. They are both shit when it comes to this type of payola.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 04:46 PM   #35
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana58 View Post
6% comes from the seller. Not the buyer.

If you don't want to pay 6% then sale the house yourself. No one forces you to use a real estate agent.
Thats a bait and switch.

If you don't get into the MLS, your at a severe disadvantage. Only Realtors get to list in MLS. Thats unfair and seems to be a legal monopoly.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-02-2024, 04:48 PM   #36
What's up braj?

Quote:
Thats a bait and switch.

If you don't get into the MLS, your at a severe disadvantage. Only Realtors get to list in MLS. Thats unfair and seems to be a legal monopoly.
That's not a ****ing bait and switch lol stop throwing around buzzwords
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 7 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 04:48 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Yup. bet a lot of laws are like that. Put it to a vote of the people? No way. Those campaign contributions need to keep coming in. Disclaimer.... this happens on both sides equally. No partisan politics to debate. They are both shit when it comes to this type of payola.
Agreed. If I lived in Texas, I'd buy my cars in another state on principle.
AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 01-02-2024, 04:49 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi View Post
That's not a ****ing bait and switch lol stop throwing around buzzwords
Whoa, what's with good cop, bad cop routine?
AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 01-02-2024, 05:58 PM   #39
Veteran

Quote:
Thats a bait and switch.

So you want the services of a realtor but don't want to pay for it?

Realtors pay to use MLS. As it is owned and operated by brokers.

There are plenty of options for you to list your house without MLS. Just because the options might not be as good doesn't make it a monopoly.
Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 06:18 PM   #40
For The Glory Of The City

My last car purchase a few months ago went well after I found the right people but damn it took a few dealerships. I was pretty surprised I showed up wanting to get a car was not there to waste their time but they kept wanting to circle back or punt things down the road I finally found a guy who was just straight up and we worked together quickly to get me set up within my parameters.

Would love a more direct model like this though.
|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-02-2024, 06:21 PM   #41
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
Sounds good to me. It's time to cut out the useless middleman. They are adding a markup with no value add.
Absolutely
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-02-2024, 06:26 PM   #42
The man you could post like.

Pretty sure Ford is going to do this too. It's set to be the business model with the electric vehicles and won't be too long until all of them are direct. I honestly don't know why they care so much, but those dealer mark ups piss the manufacturers off badly. We are encouraged to use an in house hotline to report any of that behavior and if a certain dealer is dinged too many times they lose future inventory.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-02-2024, 06:28 PM   #43
Bazinga!

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Zach| View Post
My last car purchase a few months ago went well after I found the right people but damn it took a few dealerships. I was pretty surprised I showed up wanting to get a car was not there to waste their time but they kept wanting to circle back or punt things down the road I finally found a guy who was just straight up and we worked together quickly to get me set up within my parameters.

Would love a more direct model like this though.
I had a similar experience. I went in to a dealership knowing exactly which car I wanted, ready to spend the money that day…and couldn’t get the salesman to pay attention.

So I went somewhere else and got the same car in a couple hours. Missed out on an easy commission.
AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 06:37 PM   #44
Banned!

Quote:
Texas forces its freedom loving citizens to go through a dealer? Why?
Texas is a shithole. The folks I know living/working there would rather not be.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 4     Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 06:42 PM   #45
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndChiefs View Post
I had a similar experience. I went in to a dealership knowing exactly which car I wanted, ready to spend the money that day…and couldn’t get the salesman to pay attention.

So I went somewhere else and got the same car in a couple hours. Missed out on an easy commission.
Must have went in on the 3rd or 4th day of the month. I'm sure the lazy ass salesman was blowing your phone up the 29th, 30th and 31st.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.