Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-20-2021, 11:49 AM   #2
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
This is exactly where I'm at as well. WR and DE are the priority but if there's no one of value left at those positions, I wouldn't be surprised to see a superstud CB or maybe even a CB/Safety go at #32 or of course, a trade back.

I like Breeland but there's no guarantee he'll return next season and while Ward has speed, which IMO is his biggest asset, he certainly has not progressed as one would expect.

I can't see the Chiefs shelling out in excess of $8 million per for Ward, unless he just blows up this post-season and in 2021 and even then, they might be better off letting him walk and taking the Comp Pick.
CB is interesting to me, but if they think Baker recovers fine I think it could wait a bit.

DE or WR seems likely. If there were a TE they loved that fell that might make some sense.

I'm interested to see how the IOL spot works out as we go thru this process.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-20-2021, 12:02 PM   #3
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
If there were a TE they loved that fell that might make some sense.
I can't see a TE at #32. Kelce is only 31 while coming off his best season as a pro and the best season ever for a tight end.

He's going to play at a high level for at least the next 3 years, so taking a TE early makes zero sense when there are needs everywhere else on the roster.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-20-2021, 12:09 PM   #4
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I can't see a TE at #32. Kelce is only 31 while coming off his best season as a pro and the best season ever for a tight end.

He's going to play at a high level for at least the next 3 years, so taking a TE early makes zero sense when there are needs everywhere else on the roster.
I wouldn't look to replace as much as play with Kelce. It would help in the run game as well if we could play more 2 tight end stuff.

They use Kelce more as a WR anyway, so another athlete there would or could help.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-20-2021, 12:10 PM   #5
In Search of a Life

Quote:

I think the idea of taking a TE in the 1st has very little to do with Kelce. It would just be a unique way for this offense to evolve. The things you can do with Tyreek, Hardman, Kelce, Freiermuth, and CEH on the field at the same time make you virtually impossible to defend.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-20-2021, 12:14 PM   #6
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
I think the idea of taking a TE in the 1st has very little to do with Kelce. It would just be a unique way for this offense to evolve. The things you can do with Tyreek, Hardman, Kelce, Freiermuth, and CEH on the field at the same time make you virtually impossible to defend.

That’s what I was looking at when I first started swooning over Freiermuth.

Jeremy Ruckert in the 3rd/4th might be able to do the same thing, though.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-20-2021, 12:20 PM   #7
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post

Love Ruckert. He’s my favorite mid round TE now that Ferguson is going back to to school.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-20-2021, 12:45 PM   #8
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Sure, I totally get that but considering they could use starters at so many positions, it seems more like a "Luxury Pick". But I certainly wouldn't object if that's the direction the Chiefs gto at #32.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post

Yeah, taking a guy in the 3rd or 4th, especially if they add an additional 3rd, makes more sense from my perspective but it would be difficult to argue against it if they took a TE earlier.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.