Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-27-2014, 10:21 AM   #2
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Where would Metallica be today had Cliff Burton not lost his life?
Still playing....only with a good bassist instead of that dipshit they have today.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:25 AM   #3
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
Still playing....only with a good bassist instead of that dipshit they have today.
Heh, granted, but where would Metallica be without Burton's influence on the band? IIRC, and someone correct me if I don't, wasn't Burton the guy that was primary songwriter and reason for their "heavy" sound?

I know the Black Album gained Metallica a ton of fans, but it also cost them a ton of their core fans they had from the beginning. I still remember those people bitching about how they sold out.

Just a fun "What If?"
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:24 AM   #4
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Heh, granted, but where would Metallica be without Burton's influence on the band? IIRC, and someone correct me if I don't, wasn't Burton the guy that was primary songwriter and reason for their "heavy" sound?

I know the Black Album gained Metallica a ton of fans, but it also cost them a ton of their core fans they had from the beginning. I still remember those people bitching about how they sold out.

Just a fun "What If?"
I don't know about that. IMO, And Justice For All was a fantastic album. I still love listening to it now. And very heavy.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:19 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
That dipshit they have today was in some pretty good bands back in the 80s/90s. A heck of a lot better than Metallica and Megadeth.
mcaj22 wants to die in a aids tree fire.mcaj22 wants to die in a aids tree fire.mcaj22 wants to die in a aids tree fire.mcaj22 wants to die in a aids tree fire.mcaj22 wants to die in a aids tree fire.mcaj22 wants to die in a aids tree fire.mcaj22 wants to die in a aids tree fire.mcaj22 wants to die in a aids tree fire.mcaj22 wants to die in a aids tree fire.mcaj22 wants to die in a aids tree fire.mcaj22 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:07 PM   #6
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcaj22 View Post
That dipshit they have today was in some pretty good bands back in the 80s/90s. A heck of a lot better than Metallica and Megadeth.
Robert Trujillo was a member of Suicidal Tendencies. He was also a member of Ozzy's band after the end of the Zakk Wylde era and joined Zakk in BLS.

None of the bands he was in were better than either Metallica or Megadeth and it should also be noted that his ENTIRE CAREER is made up of joining established, successful bands after they've had a big shakeup. He's a hired gun and not really anything special.

EDIT: I almost forgot - Trujillo played bass for Ozzy on the 2011 re-issues of "Blizzard" and "Diary" so that Ozzy could avoid paying royalties to Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:24 PM   #7
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:38 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Robert Trujillo was a member of Suicidal Tendencies. He was also a member of Ozzy's band after the end of the Zakk Wylde era and joined Zakk in BLS.

None of the bands he was in were better than either Metallica or Megadeth and it should also be noted that his ENTIRE CAREER is made up of joining established, successful bands after they've had a big shakeup. He's a hired gun and not really anything special.

EDIT: I almost forgot - Trujillo played bass for Ozzy on the 2011 re-issues of "Blizzard" and "Diary" so that Ozzy could avoid paying royalties to Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake.
commercial success does not factor in what makes a band better or worse in this style of music.
mcaj22 wants to die in a aids tree fire.mcaj22 wants to die in a aids tree fire.mcaj22 wants to die in a aids tree fire.mcaj22 wants to die in a aids tree fire.mcaj22 wants to die in a aids tree fire.mcaj22 wants to die in a aids tree fire.mcaj22 wants to die in a aids tree fire.mcaj22 wants to die in a aids tree fire.mcaj22 wants to die in a aids tree fire.mcaj22 wants to die in a aids tree fire.mcaj22 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:48 AM   #9
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
commercial success does not factor in what makes a band better or worse in this style of music.
I never said it did.

Musically, nothing Trujillo has done is better than Metallica or Megadeth. Suicidal Tendencies was close. BLS is good but not Megadeth good.

And Trujillo's stint in Ozzy's band didn't even produce a studio album that I know of.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:45 PM   #10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post

Don't forget the side-project Infectious Grooves! Myself, I'm more of a Suicidal fan than either Megadeth or Metallica. I was more of a skater thrash guy. Suicidal and D.R.I. were big for me in the day and I'd still rather listen to them over the other two. For that matter I was a bigger fan of Anthrax and Testament than them as well. Don't get me wrong, Rust in Peace is a classic and Peace Sells has some good stuff, but with the exception of the Black album, I think the most disappointing album ever for me was Countdown to Extinction. How you go from Holy Wars to Sweating Bullets and Symphony of Destruction, I'll never understand.

As far as Metallica goes, sure I liked them, when I was 13. Kill 'em All is the only album I can still listen to these days. Unfortunately, as I got older and became more of a musician myself, I came to realize that there might not be any more overrated musicians on the planet than Kirk and Lars. Well, maybe Flea, but that's an argument for another day.
Third Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 01-28-2014, 08:02 AM   #11
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Eye View Post
Don't forget the side-project Infectious Grooves! Myself, I'm more of a Suicidal fan than either Megadeth or Metallica.
I didn't forget Infectious Grooves but there's enough crossover in membership that mentioning them separately from ST is a waste of time. Even then, ST is better than Infectious Grooves (IMO) and ST is not better than either Metallica or Megadeth (again IMO) so I didn't feel like typing it out.

Quote:
I was more of a skater thrash guy. Suicidal and D.R.I. were big for me in the day and I'd still rather listen to them over the other two. For that matter I was a bigger fan of Anthrax and Testament than them as well.
I too was a skater. But I was also a guitar player. That's most of it, I'm sure. I loved ST, Bad Brains, Mr. Bungle, Voivod, and lots of other stuff. But for me Megadeth, specifically "Rust in Peace" was the perfect combination of the thrash metal I loved as a skater and the guitar driven neoclassical fusion (Vinnie Moore/Tony MacAlpine) that I was listening to at the time as a guitar player.

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, Rust in Peace is a classic and Peace Sells has some good stuff, but with the exception of the Black album, I think the most disappointing album ever for me was Countdown to Extinction. How you go from Holy Wars to Sweating Bullets and Symphony of Destruction, I'll never understand.
It's easy to understand when you hear or read about it now. Critics called "Rust in Piece" a masterpiece, an album for the ages...and it peaked at #2 on the charts right behind?

Metallica's Black album

Dave became consumed with the competition (and heroin) and commercial success. You start to hear it on "Countdown" and it's really prevalent on "Youthanasia". By "Cryptic Writings", Friedman (and a lot of fans) were ready to quit the band.

Quote:
Kill 'em All is the only album I can still listen to these days.
Same here. I ultimately became much more interested in Metallica's influences (NWOBHM bands like Motorhead and Diamond Head) than Metallica themselves.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:42 PM   #12
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Still doesn't take away from the fact that he's a dipshit.

Newstead was better.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:50 PM   #13
Veteran

Quote:
Still doesn't take away from the fact that he's a dipshit.

Newstead was better.
Tell me one Newsted song where you ever thought, "Damn, that's some good bass playing!" Hell, he was completely mixed out of ...And Justice. I'm not saying Trujillo is a great player, but Newsted was a just a warm body. He contributed nothing.
Third Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 01-27-2014, 10:58 PM   #14
MFIC

Quote:
Tell me one Newsted song where you ever thought, "Damn, that's some good bass playing!" Hell, he was completely mixed out of ...And Justice. I'm not saying Trujillo is a great player, but Newsted was a just a warm body. He contributed nothing.
Trujillo is a great bass player and Newsted didn't stand a chance because he followed Cliff, (and thus was mixed out of practically every tune).
Bowser's question was a good hypothetical until Pest shit all over it by calling Trujillo a dipshit for no reason.

Last edited by Gadzooks; 01-27-2014 at 11:03 PM..
Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:01 PM   #15
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
Trujillo is a great bass player and Newsted didn't stand a chance because he followed Cliff, (and thus was mixed out of practically every tune).
Bowser's question was a good hypothetical until Pest shit all over it by calling Trujillo a dipshit for no reason.
I know....**** my opinion....right?