Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-01-2014, 09:40 AM  
Kind of a mod

Space Exploration megathread

Since a number of cool things are happening in space exploration these days, we'll widen the scope of this thread a smidge. Conversation about all things space exploration are welcome, whether it be from NASA, SpaceX, ULA, Blue Origin, or anyone else. Chances are most of the discussion will still be about SpaceX since they love to make things public and fun, but nothing's off limits. I'll eventually get around to modifying the OP to include resources for other companies too, but in the meantime, feel free to post any cool stuff you run across.

Lists of Upcoming Missions

How to Watch a Live Launch

Where to Learn More
Spoiler!

Glossary
Spoiler!

Last edited by DaFace; 12-10-2020 at 03:36 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-19-2017, 03:58 PM   #901
MVP

Oh, and thanks for the link to the drone footage. Absolutely gorgeous in 4k.
unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-19-2017, 04:05 PM   #902
Kind of a mod

I updated the OP with the current target for the next launch (2/28 late night), but I'm gonna be floored if they actually turn the pad around in 8 days with a brand new system in place.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-19-2017, 04:52 PM   #903
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I updated the OP with the current target for the next launch (2/28 late night), but I'm gonna be floored if they actually turn the pad around in 8 days with a brand new system in place.
I'm hoping they do, but mainly because I want to see the SES-10 launch happen as quickly as possible. I really want that to happen in March and not slip to April. A quick turnaround for Echostar 23 would be a good sign.
unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-19-2017, 04:55 PM   #904
MVP

http://fortune.com/2017/02/18/spacex-mars-mission-2020/
aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 02-19-2017, 05:17 PM   #905
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I'll only say that I don't really think it's a good example of a partisan issue. I'm pretty left-leaning, for example, and I think this shit is fantastic. My hope is that we can all agree that stuff is important and worth investing in regardless of political leanings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlurking View Post
Add in the fact that the Daily Mail is basically a tabloid new outlet, and the teaching of creationism is what we are more likely to get under Trump and Pence.

Please don't clutter up such a great thread with political tripe.
Fair enough! I'm a man of my word. My post edited
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:59 AM   #906
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aturnis View Post
Yeah, unfortunately initial SpaceX timelines are always overly optimistic. I think the best gauge of how close they are to meeting 2020 we'll see this year will be the re-use launch with SES-10 in March/April (hopefully) and the first FH launch this summer (hopefully). Apparently the FH launch will be from SLC-40, so waiting for repairs to complete.
Old 02-22-2017, 11:36 AM   #907
Kind of a mod

Kind of odd. Sounds like there's some sort of software issue that is easily corrected, but has resulted in a 24-hour delay. Not ideal, but glad it can be fixed easily.
Old 02-22-2017, 08:05 PM   #908
MVP

Echostar 23 now Mar 12. Hoping SES-10 doesn't slip to April.

Old 02-22-2017, 08:42 PM   #909
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlurking View Post
Echostar 23 now Mar 12. Hoping SES-10 doesn't slip to April.

Damn - that's quite a slip. Not surprising, though.

They really need to get SLC-40 back up and running in a hurry so they can truck through all of these launches.
Old 02-23-2017, 09:47 PM   #910
Banned

eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-23-2017, 09:51 PM   #911
Kind of a mod

A little late for Christmas.
Old 02-23-2017, 10:01 PM   #912
In Search of a Life

I absolutely love the fact that the landing of the booster has become routine.

Heck, we're almost at the point where the launches are routine.
RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 02-23-2017, 10:16 PM   #913
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER View Post
I absolutely love the fact that the landing of the booster has become routine.

Heck, we're almost at the point where the launches are routine.
Yeah, they really seem to have the landing thing down at this point. Sadly, the next launch will be the first one in a LONG time that's been in fully-expendable mode (due to payload requirements).

At this point, I'm mostly excited to see them re-launch one. That should happen in late-March or early-April.

(Oh, and Falcon Heavy is gonna be a sight to see too, but I'll honestly be surprised to see that happen in 2017.)
Old 02-24-2017, 05:04 PM   #914
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
Port and starboard still matter in space!
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-26-2017, 08:14 PM   #915
Kind of a mod

I'm guessing spacesuits.