Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-23-2010, 06:36 PM  
Administrator

(Welcome to the) NEW Chiefsplanet SERVER!!!!

OK, the time has finally come... we have a new server!

I will be spending tonight and all day tomorrow transitioning to the new digs... I don't expect it to affect us until late tomorrow afternoon.

I will make give everybody a warning then take us offline for (hopefully!) 3-4 hours...

When we are done, we will have a new home with 6 TIMES the power and RAM as before... I expect to see some MAJOR upgrades in performance... once we have settled into the new server, I will start to prep us for a major upgrade to our Vbulletin software... but that may wait until the post season...

I know it's been a long time coming, but bear with me for a little longer and it will all be worth it!
AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-25-2019, 12:59 PM   #406
Starter

SAF = Slow As F***
Warrick has disabled reputation
Old 08-25-2019, 01:01 PM   #407
Admitted Planet Junky

Why is this thing so slow again?
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 08-25-2019, 01:02 PM   #408
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by limested View Post
=
If people leave because rep is no longer a thing then they were shit posters we don’t want to begin with.
Negged.....(I keed).
IZ SLOOOOOOOW
Old Dog is obviously part of the inner Circle.Old Dog is obviously part of the inner Circle.Old Dog is obviously part of the inner Circle.Old Dog is obviously part of the inner Circle.Old Dog is obviously part of the inner Circle.Old Dog is obviously part of the inner Circle.Old Dog is obviously part of the inner Circle.Old Dog is obviously part of the inner Circle.Old Dog is obviously part of the inner Circle.Old Dog is obviously part of the inner Circle.Old Dog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-25-2019, 01:06 PM   #409

My way of dealing with it all is I open 4 tabs, and while one thread is loading, I read another. Hope this helps.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-25-2019, 01:20 PM   #410
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
The current slowdown is unrelated to any of that.
Didn’t say it did. I would guess it is related to WHM and it’s background processes.
limested is not part of the Right 53.limested is not part of the Right 53.limested is not part of the Right 53.limested is not part of the Right 53.limested is not part of the Right 53.limested is not part of the Right 53.limested is not part of the Right 53.limested is not part of the Right 53.limested is not part of the Right 53.limested is not part of the Right 53.limested is not part of the Right 53.
Old 08-25-2019, 01:53 PM   #411
Kind of a mod

Found an interesting bottleneck and tried an experiment that seems to have helped (converting the session table from MEMORY to InnoDB). Seems like a bad idea, but things got better instantly, so...we'll see.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 01:57 PM   #412
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Found an interesting bottleneck and tried an experiment that seems to have helped (converting the session table from MEMORY to InnoDB). Seems like a bad idea, but things got better instantly, so...we'll see.
Does seem quicker.
You the man face
Sunday is double time, too!
seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-25-2019, 01:58 PM   #413
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by seclark View Post
Does seem quicker.
You the man face
Sunday is double time, too!
I mostly just try to experiment without breaking stuff.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 01:59 PM   #414
pie is never free

Suddenly MUCH better, thanks DaFace
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-25-2019, 02:00 PM   #415

Nicely done. It's exponentially quicker now. Actually not noticing any significant lag.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-25-2019, 02:11 PM   #416
Starter

Any of the tables that are constant write to should be converted to InnoDB. If they are primary read only tables the MyISAM.
limested is not part of the Right 53.limested is not part of the Right 53.limested is not part of the Right 53.limested is not part of the Right 53.limested is not part of the Right 53.limested is not part of the Right 53.limested is not part of the Right 53.limested is not part of the Right 53.limested is not part of the Right 53.limested is not part of the Right 53.limested is not part of the Right 53.
Old 08-25-2019, 02:18 PM   #417
Politically Incorrect

I hereby name the server........SYBIL.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-25-2019, 02:24 PM   #418
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
I hereby name the server........SYBIL.
This is the best post you have ever had.
Old 08-25-2019, 02:40 PM   #419
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Well, whatever you did worked. It was like a glacial flow this morning.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-25-2019, 02:46 PM   #420
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by limested View Post
Any of the tables that are constant write to should be converted to InnoDB. If they are primary read only tables the MyISAM.
I get that for most tables, but the session table is almost universally believed to be best as a MEMORY table. But I did some reading that suggested InnoDB might be better for relatively high-use servers, and we basically have the whole DB read into RAM at this point anyway, so I figured I'd give it a go.

I don't fully understand WHY it worked, but it certainly seems to be making a difference. The backups are still doing their thing in the background, and our CPU load is a little elevated, but I'm hopeful that we're chipping away at the various bottlenecks.

FWIW, AC told me that PHP 7.1 is on the radar (which requires a slight update to vB 3.8.11 as well). The rest of the stuff is up to date at this point.