Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-06-2021, 12:40 PM  
Three-Pat

Password Managers

As the title suggests, does anyone actually use them and if so is there any that you recommend? I am just researching them and wondering what the opinions of others are in regards to them.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 04-06-2021, 12:50 PM   #2
Supporter

All the ones that I’ve seen want to automatically sign you in and shit. I just password protected an excel sheet that lists them all.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2021, 12:51 PM   #3
Banned

Edge and Chrome store your passwords and can be accessed in settings. I also just have them on a locked spreadsheet.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2021, 01:00 PM   #4
World's finest morphius

I've used keepass for years. Probably not the most user friendly since it doesn't integrate directly with your browser, but it is solid.
morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2021, 01:00 PM   #5
Three-Pat

Do you all feel comfortable with the security that browsers provide for password protection?
Old 04-06-2021, 01:08 PM   #6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
All the ones that I’ve seen want to automatically sign you in and shit. I just password protected an excel sheet that lists them all.
Are you me?
Third Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-06-2021, 01:22 PM   #7
'Tis my eye!

KeePass is the way to go. Acceptable clients for every major platform including Linux.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2021, 01:24 PM   #8
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
Do you all feel comfortable with the security that browsers provide for password protection?
Browsers provide acceptable security but don't provide universal application. Browsers are for storing BROWSER passwords. You can't really store non-browser related passwords in your browser.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2021, 01:26 PM   #9
'Tis my eye!

And just so it's clear, KeePass is both an application and an encrypted password database format.

I use KeePass on Windows, KeePassXC on Mac and Linux, and Strongbox on iOS, all of which use the KeePass database format.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 01:29 PM   #10
Wasted away again...

I've been using Keeper for the last couple of years.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2021, 01:31 PM   #11
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Eye View Post
Are you me?
Or are both of you me?
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2021, 01:36 PM   #12
'Tis my eye!

Cracking an Excel spreadsheet might take a few minutes.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 01:40 PM   #13
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

I've tried to use LastPass and Keeper and to be honest, they were too much trouble for me to fully figure out how to use before I gave up on them.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2021, 01:47 PM   #14
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
I've been using Keeper for the last couple of years.
I have heard good things about Keeper. Since it was an online source such as PCMag, I wasn't sure if that was a good review or a paid one.
Old 04-06-2021, 01:48 PM   #15
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
I've tried to use LastPass and Keeper and to be honest, they were too much trouble for me to fully figure out how to use before I gave up on them.
Both of those seemed to be reviewed highly. So they in your opinion are not very user friendly?