Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: Which Interstate would you choose for your road trip?
I-79 - 7 days, 343 miles through WV and PA 7 50.00%
I-12 - 7 days, 86 miles through LA 2 14.29%
I-37 - 7 days, 143 miles through TX 3 21.43%
I-74 - 7 days, 417 miles through IA, IL, IN, and OH 1 7.14%
I'll stay home, thanks. 1 7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-13-2020, 09:49 PM   Topic Starter
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Interstate Road Trip Tournament, Round 1, Heat 18.

Just a little offseason exercise. There are 80 different Interstate highways in the USA (including Puerto Rico). Which one would be best for a road trip?

I've set the rules as follows (in spoiler for those of you who've read them already]:

Spoiler!

Your next two competitors are:

Option 1 - I-79 from Charleston, WV, to Erie, PA
7 Day Trip
343 Miles, 49 miles per day on average
Passes through Morgantown and Pittsburgh

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_79

Option 2 - I-12 from Baton Rouge, LA, to Slidell, LA
7 Day Trip
86 miles, 12 miles per day on average
Passes through central Louisiana (and is not in range of New Orleans)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_12

Option 3 - I-37 from Corpus Christi, TX, to San Antonio, TX
7 Day Trip
143 Miles, 20 miles per day on average
Passes through south Texas

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_37

Option 4 - I-74 from Bettendorf, IA, to Cincinnati, OH
7 Day Trip
417 miles, 60 miles per day on average
Passes through Bloomington, Champaign, and Indianapolis.

(This highway also exists in parts of North Carolina, but those segments haven't been hooked into the main highway yet.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_74
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-13-2020, 09:54 PM   #2
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Hmm, relatively clear choice, though it may not be for everyone.

I-12 and I-74 don't seem compelling. I could get good food in TX, and I've always wanted to visit Corpus Christi. But is that enough?

I think I'd go with I-79. I've only been to Charleston once and have never had more than a quick stop in Pittsburgh. I don't know that part of the country well, so I'd do that drive. Plus, I think the length is good.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-13-2020, 09:54 PM   #3
Cynical Misanthrope

I figure if I take I-37 I’ll get some decent BBQ. Not as good as KC BBQ, but TX ain’t bad.
frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-13-2020, 09:56 PM   #4
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenchief View Post
I figure if I take I-37 I’ll get some decent BBQ. Not as good as KC BBQ, but TX ain’t bad.
San Antonio's kind of nice to visit, too. See the alamo, eat tex-mex. Not bad.