Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-15-2015, 08:45 AM  
Supporter

Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread

Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408

Last edited by Buehler445; 03-02-2020 at 09:14 AM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2016, 07:29 PM   #1801
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
Recipe called for a 10-inch cast iron, and all I have is an 8- and 12-inch. So just used a couple cake pans.

Will make the cast iron work next time, and probably put it on my steel for a little boost in crust browning.

Got some good crust development. Wasn't quite as crispy as I'd have liked it, but the structure was good.

Best part was probably the homemade sausage, to be honest.
After you posted a link to a Amazon sale for a 10 in Lodge cast iron skillet. Thats on you bud but loos good so what do I know.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2016, 07:54 PM   #1802
I like Pie!

Quote:
Thanks. Here's the cooked beef and mushroom pie. Really good. Will definitely do this again.

Looks good, I didn't expect that from the first pic. Here's mine and who says you cant fry an egg in cast iron...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0008.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	111814   Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0011.jpg
Views:	429
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	111815   Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0006.jpg
Views:	448
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	111816  
Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2016, 08:32 PM   #1803
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO View Post
Slaps bbq on central ave.

Really good, you locals are doing yourselves a disservice if you aren't eating here.
AND they asked where we had heard of them and my wife told them chiefsplanet lol
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-06-2016, 11:38 AM   #1804
pie is never free

Had to brag about last nights dinner... went to Chicago for the Accept concert - AWESOME, a packed house at the Arcada - but before that we stopped at Portillos, world famous for their Italian roast beef sammich

All the tv guys like Bourdain, Fieri etc have went there to pay homage... and let me tell you that sammich is without question the single best sammich I've ever had, just incredible

Had mine dipped and added the giardiniera, unreal, absolutely perfect... if you ever get the chance, you're remiss to pass it up

There are two apiece in Arizona and California, the rest are up in Chicagoland

Dont miss it
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-06-2016, 12:12 PM   #1805
Keepin it Real

Pork shoulder butt was on sale locally. Smoked it on Friday. Pulled pork sammiches on Friday, pork tacos Saturday lunch, pork nachos Saturday dinner, and pork tacos again for today's lunch. Not bad for a $10 piece of meat.
Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 03-06-2016, 06:41 PM   #1806
Cast Iron Jedi

Found chicken leg/thigh quarters on sale yesterday for $.67/lb. Added an equal amount of wings and made a shitload of pressure cooker chicken stock. Took a while since I had to do it in two batches, but I'm set for a while. Homemade is so good.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2016, 09:45 AM   #1807
Scarlett Johansson's boytoy

I hot smoked a salmon side yesterday. Forgot to take pics before I vacuum sealed it for storage.

Also, did sous vide burgers last night again. Soooo good.
mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.
Old 03-07-2016, 09:54 AM   #1808
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. View Post
I hot smoked a salmon side yesterday. Forgot to take pics before I vacuum sealed it for storage.

Also, did sous vide burgers last night again. Soooo good.
I have yet to do that... always mean to, never actually do it.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2016, 10:59 AM   #1809
Scarlett Johansson's boytoy

Quote:
I have yet to do that... always mean to, never actually do it.
doooooooo eeeettttt!
mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.
Old 03-07-2016, 01:21 PM   #1810
Cast Iron Jedi

For those Italian sausage lovers, this is a really nice starting point. Did this over the weekend for my pan pizza and really liked it.

http://www.food.com/recipe/seasoning...sausage-178446
Old 03-07-2016, 01:30 PM   #1811
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Had to brag about last nights dinner... went to Chicago for the Accept concert - AWESOME, a packed house at the Arcada - but before that we stopped at Portillos, world famous for their Italian roast beef sammich

All the tv guys like Bourdain, Fieri etc have went there to pay homage... and let me tell you that sammich is without question the single best sammich I've ever had, just incredible

Had mine dipped and added the giardiniera, unreal, absolutely perfect... if you ever get the chance, you're remiss to pass it up

There are two apiece in Arizona and California, the rest are up in Chicagoland

Dont miss it
It's not bad i was up there this summer. Decent sandwich.
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2016, 01:41 PM   #1812
Gimme My Berries Back!

I made chicken meatballs, with mushroom gravy ( with lots of mushrooms, some bay leaf, garlic and thyme) over mashed potatoes served with peas and carrots. No pic. Ran out of time.

Recipes courtesy of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives from a diner called "Hey Meatball" in Toronto. Have made this before three times. It is really good. Called for chicken thighs, thyme, pinch of nutmeg, garlic, a dash of cream and bread crumbs. I used 3/4 or 2/3rds thighs and add some white meat and also use white pepper and a dash of onion granules. I did not add all that olive oil at the end. Mushroom gravy is awesome.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/wi...r-0202612.html
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2016, 02:49 PM   #1813
MVP

Quote:
Found chicken leg/thigh quarters on sale yesterday for $.67/lb. Added an equal amount of wings and made a shitload of pressure cooker chicken stock. Took a while since I had to do it in two batches, but I'm set for a while. Homemade is so good.
I've been buying Aldi's "Never Any" whole chickens ($1.49/lb.). No added solutions or other things (antibiotics, etc.). I cook the whole chicken with carrots, onions, celery and other veggies I might have around. We eat the chicken and veggies and I get about 2 cups of liquid when all is said and done. I put it in a fat separator and filter.

By definition it's a broth, but it works in so many recipes.
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 03-07-2016, 03:04 PM   #1814
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
I've been buying Aldi's "Never Any" whole chickens ($1.49/lb.). No added solutions or other things (antibiotics, etc.). I cook the whole chicken with carrots, onions, celery and other veggies I might have around. We eat the chicken and veggies and I get about 2 cups of liquid when all is said and done. I put it in a fat separator and filter.

By definition it's a broth, but it works in so many recipes.

Do you keep the fat? I keep it and fry eggs.
Old 03-07-2016, 03:16 PM   #1815
MVP

Quote:
Do you keep the fat? I keep it and fry eggs.
I don't keep the fat. I fry eggs in butter/oil. I don't get a lot of fat in the leftover liquid (I think it coats to the veggies).

Last edited by Stewie; 03-07-2016 at 03:26 PM..
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.