Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-22-2019, 01:48 PM   #2
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
But when you spend multiple high picks on the same position, at some point, you have high picks sitting on the bench. That's really not a recipe for success. Your 1st and 2nd rounders need to be starters, not depth.
Veach is looking for the high end spectrum characteristics like Tamba or Jared Allen had. It's fine to have a specified type to play passrusher, but they'll have to extraordinary in the category of agility and 10 yard burst/closing speed like Tamba and Jared while being a student of the game.

With that said Veach seemingly is looking for picture perfect technicians in comparison to athletic freaks.
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-22-2019, 01:52 PM   #3
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
But when you spend multiple high picks on the same position, at some point, you have high picks sitting on the bench. That's really not a recipe for success. Your 1st and 2nd rounders need to be starters, not depth.
But if you choose to pass on talented players because you're pot committed to a prior guy (rather than willing to consider the possibility that he's a sunk cost), then you're Scott Pioli and that's not really a recipe for success either.

I think you can squint and see the same style of player in Omenihu as you have in Speaks, I simply think Omenihu is far more likely to prove worthy of the pick (provided it's in the 2nd; I'd be hard pressed to take him in the 1st as the lack of bend admittedly dents his ceiling quite a bit).
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-22-2019, 01:54 PM   #4
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
But if you choose to pass on talented players because you're pot committed to a prior guy (rather than willing to consider the possibility that he's a sunk cost), then you're Scott Pioli and that's not really a recipe for success either.

I think you can squint and see the same style of player in Omenihu as you have in Speaks, I simply think Omenihu is far more likely to prove worthy of the pick (provided it's in the 2nd; I'd be hard pressed to take him in the 1st as the lack of bend admittedly dents his ceiling quite a bit).
Given that Veach not only took Speaks in the 2nd round but traded up to get him, he probably thinks A LOT more highly of him than any of us do. Meaning, he doesn't seen him as a sunk cost, at least not yet.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-22-2019, 02:09 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
I think you're a little stuck on the idea that one DE spot is drastically different from the other in Spags' 4-3. It's not really.

just like everyone touting these less than 250 lb. 'edge' guys. That's not gonna work.

the idea is, I believe, beef up front, with some pass rush ability that will be further schemed into stunts, crosses, and blitzing for pressure.

An Omenihu type at RDE is great in this scheme. Doesn't matter if Speaks is similar, or Okafor, or if Kpass is physically similar. They're going to move them around, they're going to rotate them in and out. It's not about 'speed rush' it's about Stopping the run first and then generating pressure with solid rushers and scheme.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 04:21 PM   #6
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
I think you're a little stuck on the idea that one DE spot is drastically different from the other in Spags' 4-3. It's not really.

just like everyone touting these less than 250 lb. 'edge' guys. That's not gonna work.

the idea is, I believe, beef up front, with some pass rush ability that will be further schemed into stunts, crosses, and blitzing for pressure.

An Omenihu type at RDE is great in this scheme. Doesn't matter if Speaks is similar, or Okafor, or if Kpass is physically similar. They're going to move them around, they're going to rotate them in and out. It's not about 'speed rush' it's about Stopping the run first and then generating pressure with solid rushers and scheme.
If that's the case, then they're much less redundant. I guess it all depends on how he runs his scheme because in a lot of 4-3 under looks, you're not going to have mirror images at LDE and RDE.

That being said, letting Ford go makes a lot of sense if they want Speaks/Okafor/Omenihu guys at BOTH DE spots, so you're probably 100% correct in what you've said.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 05:04 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
If that's the case, then they're much less redundant. I guess it all depends on how he runs his scheme because in a lot of 4-3 under looks, you're not going to have mirror images at LDE and RDE.

That being said, letting Ford go makes a lot of sense if they want Speaks/Okafor/Omenihu guys at BOTH DE spots, so you're probably 100% correct in what you've said.
it's also why Rapp would make a lot of sense.

The idea is that many guys that can do many things; so as an offense you can't just plan to run at Dee Ford all day.

For example.

Two safeties that can play deep or box on any given play. Three LB'ers, two of which can play any of the positions.

DE's that are somewhat interchangeable and you can rotate to keep fresh all game.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.