Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-22-2024, 08:53 PM  
Andy Reid Supporter

Sneed traded to Titans

RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-24-2024, 09:01 AM   #691
Supporter

Next year:

"How does KC keep finding great cornerbacks?!"
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 09:27 AM   #692
Andy Reid Supporter

Calling a pick that is going to be a top 80 pick and likely top 75 a 4th rd value is so bizarre.

The 4th rd usually starts at pick 101. That’s at least a 20 pick difference so almost a full rd.

Goes to show that people don’t value draft picks until April when they are actually used.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 09:30 AM   #693
Consuming CP souls

I don't know what to tell you guys. Do you not realize future picks hold less value at the moment? I thought that was common knowledge.
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 09:37 AM   #694
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni View Post
I don't know what to tell you guys. Do you not realize future picks hold less value at the moment? I thought that was common knowledge.
I mean if you want to use it in a trade, obviously.

I guess I'm becoming more chill about the situation because the team is already solid, the only glaring hole right now is LT and another WR.

Idk, its not great compensation, but again, Veach's track record of 3 SBs in 5 years speaks for itself.
Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-24-2024, 09:37 AM   #695
SNAP THE ****ING BALL!!!

Quote:
Yeah that's how the draft chart works. I think that matters more for teams that are trying to build a contender. When you are planning for the next ten years, not just the next couple, it doesn't make much sense.
kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 09:37 AM   #696
MVP

Quote:
As of this minute, yes, that is conventional thinking.

As of spring of '25, it will be a relatively high 3rd round pick.

What I think this tells us is that Veach is looking at the future, always.

Teams trying to climb the mountain have a different mindset than the team on top of the mountain.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 09:54 AM   #697
MVP

It seems clear that Veach preferred Sneed gone at the franchise tag cap hit -- whether that's because of signing free agents with that money or he didn't want to deal with a potential hold-out or whatever. Obviously he hoped there would be a bidding war over Sneed, but that didn't occur.

I just don't think paying Sneed $20 million this year is something Veach thought to be a good idea.
FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 09:59 AM   #698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeZimZam View Post
Why is anybody here cordial to this bundle of sticks? He vomits shit chili from his mouth and expects the rest of us to eat it. We ain’t in Cinci, fuggin reerun.
Can't take a little fun poke? I sorries.

So, who is first in line to take Sneed's place? I'd think with KCs track record of winning SBs without an elite defense, would allow fans to chill a bit and have faith in the braintrust. Losing Sneed isn't the move that's going to seriously hamper your ability to win again in '24.
rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-24-2024, 10:28 AM   #699
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Chamarri Conner played 137 snaps in the slot last year. Played really well. Could help fill that role Sneed had here.

Keep ****ing doubting doubting Dave Merritt
When Conner was drafted his comparison was Sneed. He was drafted to play that roll.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-24-2024, 10:28 AM   #700
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Calling a pick that is going to be a top 80 pick and likely top 75 a 4th rd value is so bizarre.

The 4th rd usually starts at pick 101. That’s at least a 20 pick difference so almost a full rd.

Goes to show that people don’t value draft picks until April when they are actually used.
There's a middle ground here where one can understand today's value and what the actual pick will be next year.

For now, it's worth a 4th, because if we tried to use it to make a move this offseason, that's what the value is.

But yes, it's very likely going to be a top 75 pick, and people acting like that's nothing are being silly.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 10:30 AM   #701
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
As of this minute, yes, that is conventional thinking.

As of spring of '25, it will be a relatively high 3rd round pick.

What I think this tells us is that Veach is looking at the future, always.

Teams trying to climb the mountain have a different mindset than the team on top of the mountain.
This move is all about the future. I imagine they'll use the cap space on a few contract extensions and use the 3rd next season to help compensate for any players they'll lose. We know some big extensions are coming due, and once again, we can't pay them all.

But yeah, the compensation is still low and surprisingly so. It definetly feels like we got fleeced.

Im guessing better trade compensation was on the board, but it doesnt matter if they aren't willing to pay him too.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 10:38 AM   #702
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
Not sure about “great talent”, but some of the remaining free agents…

Simmons is the only guy here i think really moves the needle for us. And even then it's not like we need him.

All signs point to that money being used on extensions imo.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-24-2024, 10:41 AM   #703
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post
Can't take a little fun poke? I sorries.

So, who is first in line to take Sneed's place? I'd think with KCs track record of winning SBs without an elite defense, would allow fans to chill a bit and have faith in the braintrust. Losing Sneed isn't the move that's going to seriously hamper your ability to win again in '24.
As much as you annoy me, you're right.

McDuffie
Watson
Williams
Reid
Connor
Cook

This is fine. Its not elite but it's not a weakness either. If we lose, its not going to be because of this DB core.
Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-24-2024, 10:43 AM   #704
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post
This will be ignored bc every Chief fan over values their own.
Why would it be ignores? Like usual Mahomo posts something outdated that's been posted a million times
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-24-2024, 10:48 AM   #705
Starter

Quote:
I think everyone understands that concept, what is debatable is HOW MUCH more value a 2024 pick has. Calling it a 4th rnd pick is hyperbolic...it could only credibly be considered a 4th rnd pick if Tenn makes the playoffs and next year's draft class is once-a-decade weak. Tennessee could just as likely win 5 games (stout conference, Levis could bust), and next year's draft class could be better than average and that 3rd could land quality closer to a 2nd than 4th.
Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.