Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-12-2024, 01:51 PM   #2
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

I think you're going to have your socks blown off once preseason starts.

I want you to re-watch this and set your mind at ease.

Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2024, 01:51 PM   #3
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante84 View Post

Pretty awesome highlights.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 03:27 PM   #4
Constable of Untruths

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante84 View Post

Is it just because he's a left footed punter and it looks different or does he take an extra step before punting the ball. It seems like he takes an awfully long time to get the punt off.
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-12-2024, 02:57 PM   #5
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Uh, is this for real? How about shortly after never? What are we, the Raiders?
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-12-2024, 03:02 PM   #6
In Search of a Life

I love how just about everybody shit on this thread, but Direckshun just couldn't handle me specfically doing it.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-12-2024, 04:32 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
I love how just about everybody shit on this thread, but Direckshun just couldn't handle me specfically doing it.
Only quoting so he sees this and starts to mend relations
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-15-2024, 01:52 PM   #8
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
Only quoting so he sees this and starts to mend relations

I need therapy receipts from him before I reconsider.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-12-2024, 11:49 PM   #9
MVP

Here are EPA-driven assessments that show that there aren't vast differences in EPA by punter, but even when there are they aren't on the field enough plays for it to have a significant cumulative effect throughout a season. A best punter adding 2-3 points per SEASON is not getting you very far. I'll look for other stuff as I can here.

https://harvardsportsanalysis.org/20...f-nfl-punters/

https://www.bigblueview.com/2022/6/1...an-riley-dixon
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 01:54 PM   #10
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
Here are EPA-driven assessments that show that there aren't vast differences in EPA by punter, but even when there are they aren't on the field enough plays for it to have a significant cumulative effect throughout a season. A best punter adding 2-3 points per SEASON is not getting you very far. I'll look for other stuff as I can here.

https://harvardsportsanalysis.org/20...f-nfl-punters/

https://www.bigblueview.com/2022/6/1...an-riley-dixon
I mean this with all due respect: I don't think you can measure their effectiveness with this kind of analysis.
Old 04-14-2024, 11:41 AM   #11
MVP

Does anyone else think its weird that more Punters don't Kick, and vise-versa?

Might be super useful to save one of those roster spots by merging the two.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 04-14-2024, 01:14 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
Does anyone else think its weird that more Punters don't Kick, and vise-versa?

Might be super useful to save one of those roster spots by merging the two.
I always thought that the ability to do both an open a roster spot would be huge. Honestly with as little as punting matters just let your kicker do the best he can.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-14-2024, 03:55 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
I always thought that the ability to do both an open a roster spot would be huge. Honestly with as little as punting matters just let your kicker do the best he can.
I mean, it does matter, there just isn't enough variation among NFL-caliber punters to make an astronomical difference.

We averaged 4 punts per game in 2023. If we're giving up 4-5 yards on average over having a great punter, that's probably not going to lead to many more points against us.

Now if you go ahead and do what you say here, you might be going from a difference of a punter that gets 44 ypp vs 50 ypp and 42 vs 47 net to something a lot worse. If we start handing teams, say 15 yards of extra field position regularly, that's going to result in more points against us. The motions and placement are so different, right, that you'd probably end up with a very below-average player on both fronts.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-15-2024, 06:05 AM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
I mean, it does matter, there just isn't enough variation among NFL-caliber punters to make an astronomical difference.

We averaged 4 punts per game in 2023. If we're giving up 4-5 yards on average over having a great punter, that's probably not going to lead to many more points against us.

Now if you go ahead and do what you say here, you might be going from a difference of a punter that gets 44 ypp vs 50 ypp and 42 vs 47 net to something a lot worse. If we start handing teams, say 15 yards of extra field position regularly, that's going to result in more points against us. The motions and placement are so different, right, that you'd probably end up with a very below-average player on both fronts.
You would think with some dedication to the craft you could get an average NFL kicker to punt that. I'm sure there's more too it I know little to nothing about kicking. It is two completely different motions.
Old 04-15-2024, 07:05 AM   #15
MVP

Quote:
You would think with some dedication to the craft you could get an average NFL kicker to punt that. I'm sure there's more too it I know little to nothing about kicking. It is two completely different motions.
There's been guys to do it in college. I mean, Araiza was a kicker for most of his college career. Browning, his successor more or less, did some kicking. Both are much better punters than kickers.