Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-24-2019, 07:30 PM  
Veteran

Andrew Luck Retires

Filed to ESPN: Andrew Luck has informed the Colts he is retiring from the NFL, per source. There will be a press conference Sunday to make it official, but Luck is mentally worn down, and now checking out.

Per schefter
Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 08-27-2019, 01:50 PM   #751
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
Yeah must have been so hard playing football with Tom Brady and making millions of dollars in the process. **** out of here with that bullshit.

No hate for Gronk though he retired and gave Pats plenty of time to adjust unlike Luck.
. You know damn well if it was Alex Smith in place of Andrew Luck you'd be slobbering all over Alex and how he made the right decision.
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 01:50 PM   #752
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Yep and make sure he does it two-weeks before the start of the season. It's his life. No big deal.
Luck told them in March. He was either trying to make it work or the team pushed him to make it work. Or most likely... Both.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-27-2019, 02:06 PM   #753
Suupraa Geniuuusss

The more I think about this, the more I think it's not that big a deal.

Barry Sanders announced his retirement right before training camp, at 31.

Jim Brown retired abruptly at 29.

Calvin Johnson retired right before preseason, I think, at 30.

Gronk just retired at 29.

The list goes on.

Colts fans are going to be upset for awhile, but probably not nearly to the degree that Detroit fans and local Detroit media flipped out when Barry walked away from the Lions. They hated on Barry for years.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-27-2019, 02:42 PM   #754
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
. You know damn well if it was Alex Smith in place of Andrew Luck you'd be slobbering all over Alex and how he made the right decision.
No kidding. I'm curious why a Smith follower cares what the QB for the Colts does and when he does it. It has zero impact on him and the obsession with it is really weird.
Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 03:33 PM   #755
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I sat through Scott Pioli and Matt Cassel. I survived. I didn't enjoy it, but my life writ large wasn't materially impacted.

This argument is dumb.
You know what bummed me out for quite a while? When Derrick Thomas died. Not because he couldn't play football anymore because that reality had already sunk in a week or 2 before, but because the man died and he died young. Yea it was his own fault for not wearing a seatbelt but damn if didn't hit me hard.

This simply isn't that big of a deal. Dude has $100MM and is still going to live the rest of his life.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-27-2019, 03:44 PM   #756
Voodoo Chile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
The more I think about this, the more I think it's not that big a deal.

Barry Sanders announced his retirement right before training camp, at 31.

Jim Brown retired abruptly at 29.

Calvin Johnson retired right before preseason, I think, at 30.

Gronk just retired at 29.

The list goes on.

Colts fans are going to be upset for awhile, but probably not nearly to the degree that Detroit fans and local Detroit media flipped out when Barry walked away from the Lions. They hated on Barry for years.
Wasn’t Robert Smith 28 when he retired from the Vikings?
JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-27-2019, 03:45 PM   #757
Choco Favre

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
YEAH!!!!!!

Take that PAChiefDouche!
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-27-2019, 05:57 PM   #758
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimNasium View Post
Robert Smith is highly intelligent, and is probably in my top 3-5 sports commentator s.

He got his brain squashed and said **** it.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-27-2019, 07:45 PM   #759
SuperBowl or bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Robert Smith is highly intelligent, and is probably in my top 3-5 sports commentator s.

He got his brain squashed and said **** it.
Iirc he was playing on 2 repaired acls too.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-27-2019, 08:00 PM   #760
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimNasium View Post
Claimed he was going to medical school.....then ended up on TV.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-27-2019, 08:05 PM   #761
Going home eventually

Luck hosed them and kept 97 mil. He's an asshole and a selfish one. You could cut my arm off if you paid me 97 mil and he quits because he's tired of rehab? This is worse than Berry quitting on us.
Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 08:17 PM   #762
testing ... 1, 2, 3

The thing about gladiating that I never understood was if these guys ... you know ... knew each other outside the arena.

In the movies, they usually train together and share the same locker dungeon and stockade area and it's reasonable to assume that they also ate meals together and probably shared some good old-fashioned gladiation humor during off-hours.

Therefore, it's perfectly logical to assume that friendships were established among the gladiator bros. Yet, they're now supposed to draw straws or whatever in order to determine their opponent ... so they could wind up driving a Spatha right in their bestest buddy's eye socket. (Depending, of course, on the whole thumb thing and how that works out.)

According to Dante, betrayal of a friend gets you in a worse hell than murder or rape, so chopping a pal into bits for entertainment purposes seems particularly cruel.

FAX
FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 11:47 PM   #763
Starter

Quote:
Yep and make sure he does it two-weeks before the start of the season. It's his life. No big deal.
Why are you so worked up over this?
FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 08-27-2019, 11:49 PM   #764
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dawg View Post
Luck hosed them and kept 97 mil. He's an asshole and a selfish one. You could cut my arm off if you paid me 97 mil and he quits because he's tired of rehab? This is worse than Berry quitting on us.
Perhaps he was tired of getting his ass kicked because the Colts couldn't care less about getting a line to protect him...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-27-2019, 11:59 PM   #765
SNAP THE ****ING BALL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamonster View Post
Luck signed a max deal that hand-cuffed the franchise. Athletes negotiate these outrageous contracts that chase off all of their skill players and put them in harms way with shit offensive lines...They're like unions that negotiate some pay raise that bankrupts the company.
A. Max deals don't exist in the NFL.

B. Mahomes will get the closest thing the NFL has ever seen to a max deal.

C. I will pleasure myself when he signs it.
kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote