Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-14-2014, 09:04 PM   #2
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Yeah, I never really got into them. They never really broke through here in the states.

If we had the access to music in the mid-80's that we did now, I totally would have become a fan because I was into D&D and heavy metal.

They spawned a ****ing MOVEMENT in the rest of the world though. There's power metal bands everywhere, it's one of the most popular types of music in continental Europe.
I think Helloween and Scorpions had a much bigger impact at least in Europe. Along of course with NWOBHM like Priest, Saxon, and Maiden.
GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:27 AM   #3
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief View Post
I think Helloween and Scorpions had a much bigger impact at least in Europe. Along of course with NWOBHM like Priest, Saxon, and Maiden.
You should watch Sam Dunn's "Metal Evolution". Great documentary.

Bands like Blind Guardian, Stratovarius, and Rhapsody of Fire all consider the roots of Power Metal to be in Maiden, Scorpions, Helloween, and Manowar.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:26 PM   #4
sorta mod-ish

Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:30 PM   #5
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:39 PM   #6
sorta mod-ish

Wasn't there a movement at one time to get Overkill and Testament added to "The Big Four"?

Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:41 PM   #7
WhatUneed2Hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Wasn't there a movement at one time to get Overkill and Testament added to "The Big Four"?

Chuck Billay say yes.
Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-12-2020, 08:12 PM   #8
Resident Glue Sniffer

Wow, I forgot about this thread.

Haven’t scrolled back to see if Dane chimed in. I enjoy hearing his inside info on music stuff.
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-12-2020, 08:22 PM   #9
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayze View Post
Wow, I forgot about this thread.

Haven’t scrolled back to see if Dane chimed in. I enjoy hearing his inside info on music stuff.
Ironically Dane and I were talking in another thread about Dio the other day. One of my favorite Dim albums is Killing The Dragon and Doug Aldrich (also from Whitesnake) played guitar on that album. It's a monster, killer album.

And apparently Dane use to hang out with Doug.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-12-2020, 08:19 PM   #10
Resident Glue Sniffer

I like their End Game album pretty well.
I’m sure there’s a lot newer shit they have out that I haven’t even heard . I need to check it out

Love when it picks up around 1:30

Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-12-2020, 08:26 PM   #11
Resident Glue Sniffer

****ing love Dio.

I just listened to Gypsy today.
Old 09-12-2020, 08:42 PM   #12
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayze View Post
****ing love Dio.

I just listened to Gypsy today.
We were talking about Dio with Black Sabbath back when this thread first started in 2014.

Have you ever heard the album they recorded as Heaven and Hell? It came out in 2009, the year before Ronnie died. It's a great freaking album.

Old 09-25-2020, 09:42 AM   #13
In Search of a Life

Marty Friedman auditioning back in 1989. Pretty cool

Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-25-2020, 09:53 AM   #14
'Tis my eye!

Megadeth is my favorite thrash band but Marty Friedman is some next level shit. I remember when his first solo album came out. Then he turns around and joins Megadeth.

Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 10:00 AM   #15
In Search of a Life

I was reading that Friedman was in a band called Cacophony. Ive never even heard of them. Ill have to give that a listen sometime.
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.