Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-18-2024, 06:48 PM  
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Free Backpacks!

A couple of months ago, a couple of packages sent by USPS showed up on my porch. Kind of surprising, since I hadn't ordered anything. They were marked "return to sender" and the sender address was mine, but with a name I'd never seen before. Both contained brand new backpacks, both of which seemed rather decent. Not needing a backpack, but being somebody who never throws anything away, I chucked them in the basement and didn't give the matter any additional thought.

So yesterday, there were two more packages on my porch, again marked "return to sender," from my address, and again with the name of person whom I don't know and certainly doesn't live in my house. I've been called many things over the years, but never Robert Gallagher. It then occurred to me that some seller on Amazon or similar site must be fraudulently using my address, but actually shipping things to customers, and if the items aren't addressed properly, they come to me. At least that's all I can come up with that makes any sense. Perhaps I should go into business selling this clown's mis-delivered shit. Frazod's Wayward Backpacks could be a real financial boon! Assuming I get more of them.

Has anything like this ever happened to anybody here? Should I take it up with the local post office? It doesn't really seem like anything to be concerned about, but it certainly is strange.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2024, 07:08 PM   #2
Politically Incorrect

My cousin Kelly had this happen about 4-5 times over a few months. Tried returning 20 times with no luck so she kept the stuff that was sent.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2024, 07:10 PM   #3
What's up braj?

Pics of backpacks?
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2024, 07:12 PM   #4
It was not a fair catch

I had that happen too. I received many LED light strips, like ones I had ordered before.
The address and name was mine. But these were returns and should have gone somewhere else.

They run about 90 each. So I got Amazon to talk to the seller and I lit up my house. 4 years or so later, still being used.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2024, 07:14 PM   #5
Thread I will end you.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
A couple of months ago, a couple of packages sent by USPS showed up on my porch. Kind of surprising, since I hadn't ordered anything. They were marked "return to sender" and the sender address was mine, but with a name I'd never seen before. Both contained brand new backpacks, both of which seemed rather decent. Not needing a backpack, but being somebody who never throws anything away, I chucked them in the basement and didn't give the matter any additional thought.

So yesterday, there were two more packages on my porch, again marked "return to sender," from my address, and again with the name of person whom I don't know and certainly doesn't live in my house. I've been called many things over the years, but never Robert Gallagher. It then occurred to me that some seller on Amazon or similar site must be fraudulently using my address, but actually shipping things to customers, and if the items aren't addressed properly, they come to me. At least that's all I can come up with that makes any sense. Perhaps I should go into business selling this clown's mis-delivered shit. Frazod's Wayward Backpacks could be a real financial boon! Assuming I get more of them.

Has anything like this ever happened to anybody here? Should I take it up with the local post office? It doesn't really seem like anything to be concerned about, but it certainly is strange.

Google that name with your address and see if you can find out where they are coming from...
digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2024, 07:15 PM   #6
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
My cousin Kelly had this happen about 4-5 times over a few months. Tried returning 20 times with no luck so she kept the stuff that was sent.
Yeah, since I'm the returnee, there's not much I can do. And obviously the original addresses are bogus.

My association does have an annual garage sale day, so I guess I can sell these things for $10 a piece. That'll buy a meal for two at a cheap restaurant, assuming prices don't go up any higher over the summer.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2024, 07:18 PM   #7
It was not a fair catch

If you want to be benevolent, you can donate them to a school
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 07:19 PM   #8
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Yeah, since I'm the returnee, there's not much I can do. And obviously the original addresses are bogus.

My association does have an annual garage sale day, so I guess I can sell these things for $10 a piece. That'll buy a meal for two at a cheap restaurant, assuming prices don't go up any higher over the summer.
Or you could take them to a local school to be given out to some needy kid.
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 07:19 PM   #9
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by digger View Post
Google that name with your address and see if you can find out where they are coming from...
I tried Robert Gallagher and my city on Google. Came up with one guy who has a completely different address, and another guy who died four years ago. I don't think it's either of them. I did a similar search with the previous name, which I don't remember, outside of it being really uncommon. All I came up with that time was some lawyer in Quebec.
Old 02-18-2024, 07:21 PM   #10
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlyonsd View Post
There's a thought.
Old 02-18-2024, 07:23 PM   #11
It was not a fair catch

I even tried to return my items....I came up and the place to return my own items.

So-
a. these companies do this to keep their stuff out there
b. Some dumbass mixes up the names for returns.

Thinking A.
Old 02-18-2024, 07:36 PM   #12
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
I even tried to return my items....I came up and the place to return my own items.

So-
a. these companies do this to keep their stuff out there
b. Some dumbass mixes up the names for returns.

Thinking A.
I hope the ****er starts selling TVs or iPhones.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 07:51 PM   #13
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlyonsd View Post
Or you could steal a couple from a school and you'll have twice as many.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2024, 07:53 PM   #14
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I will work on that, but am off until Wednesday
Old 02-18-2024, 07:57 PM   #15
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
There's another thought!