Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-10-2024, 02:18 PM  
In Search of a Life

Travel Info & Recommendations

Couldn't find a similar thread so decided to just start one.

In June, on our way to Orlando for work, we're stopping in the Destin, FL area to hang out for a few days. I'm looking for some recommendations on things to do, places to eat, and where to stay (either specific hotels or general area). Might try to get a round of golf in.

Looking for a hotel is a tad bit overwhelming. There seems to be roughly 1 hotel per person that calls Destin home, so I would really appreciate something that will narrow it down. I guess being on the beach would be nice, but I think I'd rather be close to the beach but also close enough to walk to food, shopping, bars, etc. VRBO is not out of the question (and might be cheaper) but it's equally overwhelming.

So - who has been and what recommendations do you have?
Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-11-2024, 07:24 AM   #16
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow View Post
Siesta Key looks wonderful, but we're trying to not go that far South. Going to keep that one on my places to go list.
I went during red tide last year (obviously didn't plan it that way)... got out of the car and immediately started coughing. Spent ~30 minutes on the beach one day until we couldn't stand the smell or coughing any longer. Walk down to the water and count the dead fish.

I'm sure it's nice outside of fish apocalypse season, even though I assume instead of a million dead fish, it's a million annoying people.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM   #17
Constable of Untruths

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Florida is a high humidity shithole full of old people and narcissists that run Chiefs tailgating events at away stadiums.
FYP
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 08:35 AM   #18
Starter

Quote:
I'm gathering Destin is a touristy type place. I've been to Pensacola Beach a couple times as well. Destin's beaches are bad? Any other cities you (or anyone else) would recommend along the coast between Destin & Orlando?

We're not tied to Destin. It was a place I haven't been in Florida and seemed like a decent "family" spot.
Rosemary Beach area. Seaside is close. You can walk around the town centers, very family friendly.
SurroundedByMorons has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 10:20 AM   #19
Stay down bitch!

Quote:
I'm gathering Destin is a touristy type place. I've been to Pensacola Beach a couple times as well. Destin's beaches are bad? Any other cities you (or anyone else) would recommend along the coast between Destin & Orlando?

We're not tied to Destin. It was a place I haven't been in Florida and seemed like a decent "family" spot.
It’s not as bad as others are saying. It’s typically a spot where people from Atlanta and the Deep South come for a long three day weekend for some beach time. If you go at a time when it’s not a holiday and it’s less crowded it’s not bad. I went with my family a week after Labor Day and had a good time.
PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-11-2024, 10:30 AM   #20
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:

Thats about all your choices based on your criteria. You can go to the Alabama beaches? There is just no good beaches between the panhandle and the St. Pete/Tampa area.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-11-2024, 11:14 AM   #21
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Thats about all your choices based on your criteria. You can go to the Alabama beaches? There is just no good beaches between the panhandle and the St. Pete/Tampa area.
I gotta say, Gulf Shores, Alabama, is one of the prettier beaches I've ever seen.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-11-2024, 11:17 AM   #22
In Search of a Life

Unless you like Branson vibes with 10x the traffic, don't do Destin. 30A isn't as bad (Rosemary Beach, Alys Beach, Grayton Beach, Seaside, etc..) but they've gotten increasingly crowded. Beaches are all white sand gorgeous in the area with "aquarium" clear waters on low surf days, but you might be dealing with junegrass or sargassum, depending on luck of the draw. That kind of sucks when it happens. Otherwise, they really are gorgeous beaches there.

St. George Island is fantastic, but it's kind of out of the way if you're headed to Orlando.
NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-11-2024, 12:27 PM   #23
Settle this once and forever

Quote:

I’ve never been to Destin personally but I’ve known many midwesterners who have and none seemed to think it was a bad beach.

No offense or anything, but (I’m assuming) you’re coming from Missouri, Kansas or the like? Any Florida beach will be prettier than whatever you’ve got going on back home lol
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote