Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-31-2020, 03:42 PM   #14281
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
Well, perihelion happens in January and aphelion in July, which rules out distance, and Brazil is equatorial, so even though your claim is utterly without merit the opposite is happening anyway.
Brazil is getting absolutely smoked by this at the moment.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-31-2020, 03:43 PM   #14282
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
Its possible certainly.
It's already happening. Case in point:

Stark, ND Population 30,000. 11 confirmed cases.

All you have to do is zoom in:

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashb...23467b48e9ecf6
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 03:43 PM   #14283
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
It's already happening. Case in point:

Stark, ND Population 30,000. 11 confirmed cases.

All you have to do is zoom in:

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashb...23467b48e9ecf6
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-31-2020, 03:44 PM   #14284
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1025 View Post
It's not the heat it's the UV rays. The earth hasn't tilted close enough to the sun yet to kill the virus. Plus who knows where they got it?
Uh... source?
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 03:44 PM   #14285
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
Brazil is getting absolutely smoked by this at the moment.
Unfortunately, we're probably going to see a lot of that around the world. Countries with poorer economies and less-developed health care infrastructure are probably gonna get thrashed.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-31-2020, 03:45 PM   #14286
Prestige Worldwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Our best hope is that there's a ton more asymptomatic and mild cases than has been reported and that we're farther along in this than we think.
I don't think you have to hope. I would be this is the case. I know countless of people who were sick a month or two ago with a viral infection that tested negative for the Flu...they were out for a few days and took a couple of weeks to recover. You can only wonder now....
Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-31-2020, 03:45 PM   #14287
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
There are also people that can't deal with being at home for long, I know some of them the idea of staying home is like death and they get depressed and can't seem to handle it.
I'll say this much, I'm sure it's not fun for anyone living in an apartment right about now. I'd have already lost my mind.
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-31-2020, 03:46 PM   #14288
I'll be back.

639, new high
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-31-2020, 03:46 PM   #14289
I love your mom

Quote:
There are also people that can't deal with being at home for long, I know some of them the idea of staying home is like death and they get depressed and can't seem to handle it.
To be honest if I was living in a tiny apartment in NY I would have a hard time coping , living in a small town in a big house near lakes and cottages definitely helps.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 03:46 PM   #14290
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Maybe read what I actually said to begin with rather than what you want me to have said. This is you doing your typical projection bullshit.
I did.

You said it hasn't gone through a small town. That's wrong.

You then said maybe it will. That's wrong too. It already has.

If you don't like having your ignorance corrected, please don't display it.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 03:47 PM   #14291
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk View Post
I don't think you have to hope. I would be this is the case. I know countless of people who were sick a month or two ago with a viral infection that tested negative for the Flu...they were out for a few days and took a couple of weeks to recover. You can only wonder now....
I'm hopeful thats the case. We shall see.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-31-2020, 03:47 PM   #14292
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Unfortunately, we're probably going to see a lot of that around the world. Countries with poorer economies and less-developed health care infrastructure are probably gonna get thrashed.
They're trying to basically fudge their numbers from what I was reading, they don't count anyone in testing unless they are in critical condition and apparently people there said they had 2000 people die of respiratory issues in February that didn't get counted as Covid deaths.

Basically saying they have a shit president who wants business to resume so they're faking all their numbers to make it look good when it's not.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-31-2020, 03:49 PM   #14293
In Search of a Life

O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-31-2020, 03:49 PM   #14294
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Feel free to zoom in on any of the little red dots throughout western Kansas, or any very rural areas of other states. You'll see the same thing.
Old 03-31-2020, 03:49 PM   #14295
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
There's an entire world of Type A personalities who are being told "just sit tight for awhile and this will sort itself out..." who damn sure aren't taking well to it.

We've spent decades telling America about the nobility of pulling yourselves up by your bootstraps and bowing your back and fighting for the life you want....and now we're expecting many of those same people to just turn that off?

That's why the whole "your grandparents stormed the beaches in Normandy to save the world, all you have to do is sit on your couch" thing falls really damn flat. For many, if not the majority, the problem is that there's nothing they can do. If there was an actual enemy to fight, you'd see these same people who are being chastised for being stir crazy being the first people enlisting.

Americans aren't a sit back and wait it out lot. Yeah, they're gonna struggle like hell with this. It doesn't make them '****tards' - it makes them frustrated and left without an outlet. And it's made worse by these heavy handed efforts to claim a moral high ground.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote