Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-08-2019, 12:20 PM   #2
Veteran

Almost 30 years since Opiate. Time flies.

More Maynard:

Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 08-08-2019, 03:15 PM   #3
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Kinda underwhelmed. I mean, it sounds like tool instrumentally, but the vocals sound like Maynard just carried over his recent APC work. Too soft and not enough grit.

Hopefully the rest of the album has some tracks i can rock out too. I want more tracks that sound like Jambi etc.
Interestingly, the last thing I want is more tracks like Jambi. That and The Pot are my least favorite Tool songs.
Third Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 03:20 PM   #4
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Eye View Post
Interestingly, the last thing I want is more tracks like Jambi. That and The Pot are my least favorite Tool songs.
MatriculatingHank Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MatriculatingHank Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MatriculatingHank Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MatriculatingHank Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MatriculatingHank Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MatriculatingHank Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MatriculatingHank Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MatriculatingHank Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MatriculatingHank Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MatriculatingHank Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MatriculatingHank Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 03:25 PM   #5
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatriculatingHank View Post
I mean, we can all argue about what we like, but it’s generally considered that 10,000 Days is their worst album. Not everybody thinks that of course, but more do than not. I find those songs to be the worst songs on their worst album. It’s not advanced math!
Third Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 09:06 AM   #6
Plays to win the game!

Invincible is still my favorite. Can't wait to hear that song digitally recorded.
Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-08-2019, 11:30 AM   #7
Supporter

Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-08-2019, 12:09 PM   #8
Bring it on Ahab!

Sounds like a b-side track from Lateralus.
WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-08-2019, 05:19 PM   #9
Mammoth penis

This song is already a masterpiece imo. Its pretty ****ing awesome when you can listen to a song 20 times the day its released then cant remember what it sounds like the next day at work. I love the complexity of this band.

Quote:
I mean, we can all argue about what we like, but it’s generally considered that 10,000 Days is their worst album. Not everybody thinks that of course, but more do than not. I find those songs to be the worst songs on their worst album. It’s not advanced math!
I mean, I love Opiate and Undertow but 10,000 Days is a LOT better than both in my opinion. Its not really comparable...Opiate and Undertow - while great - are obviously the band in their "teething" stage. Ænima and 10,000 days are both a coin flip for me with Lateralus slightly better than both. But like you said, opinions are like assholes...everyone has one.
MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 05:33 PM   #10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTG#10 View Post
This song is already a masterpiece imo. Its pretty ****ing awesome when you can listen to a song 20 times the day its released then cant remember what it sounds like the next day at work. I love the complexity of this band.

I mean, I love Opiate and Undertow but 10,000 Days is a LOT better than both in my opinion. Its not really comparable...Opiate and Undertow - while great - are obviously the band in their "teething" stage. Ænima and 10,000 days are both a coin flip for me with Lateralus slightly better than both. But like you said, opinions are like assholes...everyone has one.
In fairness, I don’t consider Opiate as part of the equation since it’s just an EP. I do agree that 10,000 Days>Opiate. I’d also not deny that 10,000 Days is much more technically superior than Undertow. That being said, I prefer Undertow, and that rawness is part of the reason why.
Old 08-09-2019, 03:57 PM   #11
Damn it feels good.

Subjective, of course, but 10,000 Days is a phenomenal musical accomplishment. If Lateralus didn't exist, people wouldn't take 10k so lightly. Lateralus was just so revolutionary during its time and place.

Undertow can't hold a candle to 10,000 Days.
SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 08-09-2019, 04:55 PM   #12
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperChief View Post
Subjective, of course, but 10,000 Days is a phenomenal musical accomplishment. If Lateralus didn't exist, people wouldn't take 10k so lightly. Lateralus was just so revolutionary during its time and place.

Undertow can't hold a candle to 10,000 Days.
I imagine that age is a factor. Undertow came out when I was 16 and it was transformative. Then when Aenima came out, it was such an evolution. Lateralus came out and changed everything again. Then 10,000 Days came out and for the first time, it didn’t feel like step forward.

Don’t get me wrong, LK/RS is amazing. Vicarious is incredibly tight musically, but with some silly lyrics. WfM/10k Days is incredibly emotional, but is just decent on the whole. The rest is just meh, and that’s the only album I can say that about.
Old 08-11-2019, 09:18 PM   #13
Damn it feels good.

Quote:
I imagine that age is a factor. Undertow came out when I was 16 and it was transformative. Then when Aenima came out, it was such an evolution. Lateralus came out and changed everything again. Then 10,000 Days came out and for the first time, it didn’t feel like step forward.

Don’t get me wrong, LK/RS is amazing. Vicarious is incredibly tight musically, but with some silly lyrics. WfM/10k Days is incredibly emotional, but is just decent on the whole. The rest is just meh, and that’s the only album I can say that about.
I can respect that. However -

Right in Two
Rosetta Stoned
Jambii

Those are some of the best songs they've ever made. If there were a greatest hits album, one of those is on there. Hell, maybe even Vicarious.

Last edited by SuperChief; 08-13-2019 at 02:57 PM..
SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 08-11-2019, 09:55 PM   #14
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperChief View Post
I can respect that. However -

Right in Two
Rosetta Stone
Jambii

Those are some of the best songs they've ever made. If there were a greatest hits album, one of those is on there. Hell, maybe even Vicarious.
Well I would respectfully disagree with 2 of those, but I think this dead horse has taken enough punishment.
Old 08-12-2019, 08:16 AM   #15
Banned

FWIW, I find myself agreeing with Third Eye on this topic. 10K Days has nothing on my 'go-to' list re:Tool. It's enjoyable, but nothing on there breaks any ground.

Sad to know this is likely the last studio album from them.
RN47 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RN47 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RN47 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RN47 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RN47 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RN47 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RN47 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RN47 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RN47 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RN47 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RN47 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.