Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-03-2020, 08:47 AM  
Supporter

Automated Vaccums

Seems as though technology has improved enough in this realm to take the plunge on some sort of machine. I know it doesn't eliminate the need to vacuum, but pushing the interval in which I need to vacuum is appealing.

Holy shit there are a lot of options out there. The comparison sites out there aren't a ton of help. As for what I'd be asking it to do, I have a dog, and the main floor of my house is (IIRC) 2400 sq ft. Most of it hard floors but 1 room with carpet. 2 kids worth of mess too.

Obviously I'm going to have to have the toys all picked up and a friend told me sucking up water is fairly catastrophic. I do have a room that has a cord on the floor. I may have to shut the door on that room.

Does anyone have any experience with these machines?
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2020, 09:55 AM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
Cats tend to puke in the house...cause well mine our house cats so it can happen.

And even if it rarely happens, if your cat pukes while your at work and it's running or happens to shit outside of the box cause this can happen and the vacuum runs over it..you don't want an accident to turn into something that costs you a lot of money.
Sounds like a good reason to not own a cat.
Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 10:01 AM   #17
Supporter

We first got one almost a year ago. It was this model.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Amarey Robot Vacuum Cleaner for Pet Hair, Hard Floor, Carpet

It does a decent job. We have mostly hard wood but the kitchen is tiled and the 3 bedrooms are carpeted. We just close the doors to the bedrooms. It will do carpet but not as well. But it does well on tile and hardwood (or vinyl laminate. We have 3 boxers and while they may be short haired, they shed....a lot. While this may not eliminate vacuuming completely, it sure reduces the need quite a bit.

Also, we moved to a bigger house last Thanksgiving and so we had to buy another robot vacuum for the downstairs. It's a Shark ION (don't remember which model) that we bought for about the same price as the other one on a Black Friday deal. The downstairs is all luxury vinyl laminate type of flooring and the Shark does a decent job of controlling the pet hair.

I haven't paid attention to how long the Shark runs but I know the Amarey will run for something like 1.5 hours straight before needing a charge. As others have mentioned, keep cords up and out of the way.
We only run them either when we're home or if our dogs are put away in a bedroom while we're gone. Not that our dogs poop in the house but it is always possible and we wouldn't want to come home to that horror.

Overall, though, these things are fantastic. My friend, who has a $700 Roomba, tried to tell me that I should buy one of those several hundred dollar Roomba vacuums. Well, that is not necessary. You don't need to buy a super expensive Roomba. The cheaper ones that I have work just fine.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2020, 10:05 AM   #18
Veteran

I have this one in my living room. https://www.amazon.com/eufy-BoostIQ-...3251350&sr=8-4

I have an older model in my basement, both run every night. They work great for pet hair, you will need to clean the roller every couple weeks because it will get tangled with longer hair or threads.
Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-03-2020, 10:14 AM   #19
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme View Post
How frequently do your pets shit in the house? Neither of my two dogs have EVER shit in the house. But apparently it's enough of a problem to influence vacuum buying decisions here on CP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme View Post
Sounds like a good reason to not own a cat.
You just cursed yourself. Enjoy coming home to dog shit or puke sometime in the near future.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2020, 10:17 AM   #20
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Don't buy one that's larger than you are, because that's a tragic death just waiting to happen.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2020, 10:19 AM   #21
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Don't buy one that's larger than you are, because that's a tragic death just waiting to happen.
Also, just because it cleans doesn't mean it replaces women so don't have sex with it.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2020, 10:23 AM   #22
MVP

Quote:
If you have pets......it will smear cat or dog shit all over the floor everywhere if one of them shits in the house and the vacuum gets to it before you.
Absolutely. We narrowly missed a cat vomit incident last week.
kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-03-2020, 10:24 AM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorce View Post
I have this one in my living room. https://www.amazon.com/eufy-BoostIQ-...3251350&sr=8-4

I have an older model in my basement, both run every night. They work great for pet hair, you will need to clean the roller every couple weeks because it will get tangled with longer hair or threads.
If you have pets, get the Roomba with the rubber brushes instead of the normal ones.
kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-03-2020, 10:53 AM   #24
The Seated Villain

I've had 3, a Neato Botvac, a cheap knockoff, and now a Roborock S4. What I've found is that the laser room mapping makes a huge difference in the vacuum's effectiveness. The kind that just bounce off walls aren't worth it, IMO.
MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 11:56 AM   #25
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
I've had 3, a Neato Botvac, a cheap knockoff, and now a Roborock S4. What I've found is that the laser room mapping makes a huge difference in the vacuum's effectiveness. The kind that just bounce off walls aren't worth it, IMO.
This is exactly what I was going to post. You have to buy one with whole floor mapping or it's a waste of money. We found the Roomba i7 on sale for $400, and it's amazing. I can go into the app and create invisible walls on the first floor, and make virtual keep out zones so it avoids the tv cabinet cables. We have a dog and 22 yards of mulch in the backyard, but our floors are always clean now.

I want to get a second one for the second floor of the house.

https://www.amazon.com/iRobot-Roomba.../dp/B07GNRGDKP
Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-03-2020, 12:42 PM   #26
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
Quote:
If you have pets......it will smear cat or dog shit all over the floor everywhere if one of them shits in the house and the vacuum gets to it before you.
My dog sheds like a mother****er, but doesn't shit in the house (I'm rolling with the jinx business because he just becomes an insufferable douche when he needs to go out).
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2020, 01:39 PM   #27
Banned

We got a shark on sale from target a few months back and love it. Our new house is mostly tile and our dogs shed a lot. Never thought about the dog shit problem but my dogs are always in the kennel when we run it because they are all scared to death of it.
dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-03-2020, 01:57 PM   #28
Politically Incorrect

It really is amazing how lazy we have become as human beings. I guess in the future they will even have robots to wipe your ass and clean it for you.

On a side note, why the hell would someone spend $699 or $799 or 899 on a Dyson vacuum cleaner? Are they using to just vacuum or sticking their weiner in their also?

That's crazy shit!
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 02:00 PM   #29
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
It really is amazing how lazy we have become as human beings. I guess in the future they will even have robots to wipe your ass and clean it for you.

On a side note, why the hell would someone spend $699 or $799 or 899 on a Dyson vacuum cleaner? Are they using to just vacuum or sticking their weiner in their also?

That's crazy shit!
Not enough can be said about penile cleanliness
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2020, 02:08 PM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post

That's crazy shit!
I just hire a maid. Haven't stuck my wiener in there.
Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.