Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-23-2019, 02:58 PM  
Special Teams ACE!!!

***OFFICIAL 2019 Chiefs Training Camp Thread***

In the meantime, this gem from Andy Reid's press conference today:

Last edited by RealSNR; 07-23-2019 at 05:44 PM..
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-30-2019, 02:54 PM   #1396
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
I know it was probably wishful thinking on my part, but this #1 unit has basically had Wylie at LG and Reiter at C, yeah? They've done what I and many others hoped and gave McKenzie some C snaps with the 3rd team, but I really doubt they're cool with him as anything more than a backup.

That kind of sucks. Reiter was fine as a replacement for a couple games. So was Wylie (I mean, I guess he didn't shit the bed).

But I'd like to think we'd be a little more committed to the OL being better than just "fine" if we're running a high-flying offense like this. At this point we've got all the pieces we need to be great, so it would be really unfortunate if we couldn't operate the offense at its maximum potential all because we had two glaringly incompetent boobs who couldn't stop shit from getting blown up right smack dab down the center of the pocket.

We had too many holes to fix on D the last two years plus the Hill fiasco.

Have to pick and choose where to spend the money.
kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 07-30-2019, 02:56 PM   #1397
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman34 View Post
Dude.. it was 72.. fisher who missed him..
Yea I watched the wrong video. Watching twitter on my phone and replying on my computer and got it mixed up. My bad.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 02:56 PM   #1398
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
I know it was probably wishful thinking on my part, but this #1 unit has basically had Wylie at LG and Reiter at C, yeah? They've done what I and many others hoped and gave McKenzie some C snaps with the 3rd team, but I really doubt they're cool with him as anything more than a backup.

That kind of sucks. Reiter was fine as a replacement for a couple games. So was Wylie (I mean, I guess he didn't shit the bed).

But I'd like to think we'd be a little more committed to the OL being better than just "fine" if we're running a high-flying offense like this. At this point we've got all the pieces we need to be great, so it would be really unfortunate if we couldn't operate the offense at its maximum potential all because we had two glaringly incompetent boobs who couldn't stop shit from getting blown up right smack dab down the center of the pocket.

And no, I wouldn't have extended Morse.
I'm really not fond of Reiter but the Chiefs seem content with him and others here don't view him as critically as I do. I think Wylie's firmly average; that'll work.

But yeah, I'd really like to see McKenzie take someone's job. Dude has immense upside.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-30-2019, 02:58 PM   #1399
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I'm really not fond of Reiter but the Chiefs seem content with him and others here don't view him as critically as I do. I think Wylie's firmly average; that'll work.

But yeah, I'd really like to see McKenzie take someone's job. Dude has immense upside.
Agreed. Reiter was good in 1 game against the Browns. utter trash mostly in the others.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 02:59 PM   #1400
In Search of a Life

ITS HAPPENING BOYS!!

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-30-2019, 03:02 PM   #1401
In Search of a Life

Sign Reek and Jones long term before the season starts. 2 Championship pieces in place for the next NFL Dynasty.
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-30-2019, 03:03 PM   #1402
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcan View Post
Sign Reek and Jones long term before the season starts. 2 Championship pieces in place for the next NFL Dynasty.
This!! Rosenhaus was there today. You figure a deal is close. Jones deal is being talked about as well.
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-30-2019, 03:05 PM   #1403
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcclone View Post
We had too many holes to fix on D the last two years plus the Hill fiasco.

Have to pick and choose where to spend the money.
I'm more about giving chances to the other more physically adept interior OL guys than Reiter and Wylie.

We've done the Erving experiment, and he is what he is, but Allegretti and Hunter both have intriguing qualities (Hunter has much quicker feet and still good size and power, while Allegretti reminds me a lot of Zach Fulton as a "phone booth" blocker) that I'd take over what Wylie can offer.

And I just don't trust Reiter to last an entire season as a starter. It would have been really nice if McKenzie were further along in his development. Back in 2015, LDT also wasn't exactly ready to be a starter in his 2nd year, but the Chiefs threw him out there largely because they had no other options. He eventually got the hang of it, and that's how he developed into a starter.

I get the feeling that McKenzie just isn't going to waltz into practice one day either this year or next year and make the obvious case that he is clearly ready for the job and way better than everybody else. I think unless he's got a reeeeeally long way to go, the Chiefs should consider giving him 1st team reps soon and let him figure it out in the weeks and months to come.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-30-2019, 03:06 PM   #1404
In Search of a Life

Old 07-30-2019, 03:08 PM   #1405

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcan View Post
Tag Jones for a year, tag/trade the following season when Mahomes' extension will fully kick in.

I think the Ravens and Colts showed in a big way that stars/scrubs ain't how you build a defense and that our cap dollars may be better served being spread out among various steady defenders instead of just throwing them all at a handful of elite defenders and hoping draft picks can fill around them.

And realistically we may end up having to tag/trade Jones this coming season, but if he has the leverage to do that, he'll also have the leverage to command something approaching the return we gave for Clark.

In that event, we'll be okay.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-30-2019, 03:13 PM   #1406
Rufus Dawes Jr.

If we can sign both Hill and Jones, knowing that Mahomes is next year, then I think we should.
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-30-2019, 03:19 PM   #1407
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
We may witness the greatest peak performances of all time.

I know rules are making it easier and easier to play QB, but until Mahomes actually goes out there winning SBs and/or throwing for 5,000+ yards in his late 30s, it's gonna be hard to say he'll have had a better career than Brady or even Brees.

Maybe he'll do that. Maybe this is the beginning of 2 decades of dominance. But shit, a whole bunch of us won't even be alive to see the end of this dude's career so I'd say we're putting the cart before the horse by a fair amount...
Favre threw 33 TD’s at age 40. We sure Mahomes can’t do that?

I can see Pat playing as long as Brady, injuries permitting
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-30-2019, 03:19 PM   #1408
In Search of a Life

Old 07-30-2019, 03:20 PM   #1409

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
If we can sign both Hill and Jones, knowing that Mahomes is next year, then I think we should.
What if Lee plays to his 1st round status? What if Ogbah plays to his pedigree? Or if Fuller takes a step forward?

If you sign Jones now, you've essentially committed yourself to letting all of those guys walk because there will not be the money to pay them. Now I understand why you'd do it anyway if that's the direction you chose to go.

But realize that you've now plowed a TON of money on the D into 3 guys and you're very much walking a tightrope. With this offense I think it is more important that our defense be steady than it is that they be spectacular. While hoarding $20 million defensive lineman may make for some truly amazing moments, the cost-cutting elsewhere is gonna make it very much a boom or bust defense.

I can see both sides of the argument here but I'm just not sure I'd do it unless the LTC for Jones came with signficant upside via a discount over the franchise tag. I don't think he's willing to sign off on a deal like that.
Old 07-30-2019, 03:21 PM   #1410
In Search of a Life