Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-19-2024, 09:14 AM  
In Search of a Life

Call Your Shot: Who's the Chiefs first pick?

Rule: You can change your answer up until next Thursday!

This might be the toughest year yet for this. I can see so many different possibilities, especially considering that I think there's a solid chance the Chiefs trade up.

Edit: It's draft day and I'm changing my pick!

Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia

There's way too much smoke about the Chiefs trading up and/or them targeting a LT. I'm going with a guy that I think could make it into our range, who also has the kind of upside that would have Veach itching to make a move to go get him.

Last edited by staylor26; 04-25-2024 at 06:21 AM..
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-23-2024, 09:51 PM   #376
Andy Reid Supporter

Hear me out here fellas: Troy Fautanu

I think there’s a real chance he falls like McDuffie did. He’s under 6’4”, some teams think he’s a G and not a tackle and he turns 24 in October so he’s an older player.
Jordan Schultz just tweeted that Amarius Mims is going to go early. I think you could see Alt, Fashanu, Mims, Fuaga and Latham all go before this guy.

If the Chiefs trade up I think he could be on the short list
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-23-2024, 09:57 PM   #377
legend

Ladd McConkey
KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2024, 08:02 AM   #378
MVP

Chiefs trade up for Alt
ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-24-2024, 08:26 AM   #379
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Hear me out here fellas: Troy Fautanu

I think there’s a real chance he falls like McDuffie did. He’s under 6’4”, some teams think he’s a G and not a tackle and he turns 24 in October so he’s an older player.
Jordan Schultz just tweeted that Amarius Mims is going to go early. I think you could see Alt, Fashanu, Mims, Fuaga and Latham all go before this guy.

If the Chiefs trade up I think he could be on the short list
If he makes it to 16 and we can get there for a 1, 4 and next years 2 (which is close to getting it done, I think) then I could see that being a real possibility.

Would be hard to pass on Thomas. Some of the NFL guys have maybe broken my brain on him a bit though. Folks saying "He's the WR1 in any normal class..." maybe has me a little too high on him now. I just don't think Odunze is a generational prospect. If Thomas is clearly behind him, then I think he's probably a relatively normal 'very good' prospect that's probably the WR2 most years. That's still a top 10-12 guy who may see 16-18 due to the depth of the class.

I just haven't gotten a strong enough read on him to form a good opinion on him. Every time I think I'm comfortable with it, I change my mind.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2024, 08:29 AM   #380

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
Can’t say it enough: Nate Taylor has never been right on anything like this before. Nice guy. Has some light plug-ins with the team. But gets no real information and still probably thinks we could’ve gotten McLaurin for a 3.
He's so bad at draft coverage. Just shockingly so.

You know what his last three articles have been? ****ing off with the PFF draft simulator. That's literally all he's done.

"This is the top guy at 32 when I select, here's his report from Brugler..."

"If the Chiefs offered X, Y and Z to the Seahawks, the PFF simulator says there's a 62% chance of that happening and then they might be able to get Brian Thomas Jr, who's often there as late as 20..."

He's offering less informed analysis than you'd get from close to a dozen guys on this very chat board.

It's ****ing annoying. It's really really bad.

And he's cast a wide enough net that no matter what happens, he'll take a victory lap and insist he had it right. His draft coverage annoys the hell out of me every single year.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 08:39 AM   #381
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Lot of smoke about the OTs and IDK whether to buy it or not.

However, the fact that the only consensus top-40 guy we've met with being Kingsley makes me think they just wanted to verify what they were already leaning toward there.

So I will predict Kingsley Suamataia, with an outside chance of it being a smokescreen for their WR pick that would be McConkey or Worthy.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 08:44 AM   #382
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
If he makes it to 16 and we can get there for a 1, 4 and next years 2 (which is close to getting it done, I think) then I could see that being a real possibility.

Would be hard to pass on Thomas. Some of the NFL guys have maybe broken my brain on him a bit though. Folks saying "He's the WR1 in any normal class..." maybe has me a little too high on him now. I just don't think Odunze is a generational prospect. If Thomas is clearly behind him, then I think he's probably a relatively normal 'very good' prospect that's probably the WR2 most years. That's still a top 10-12 guy who may see 16-18 due to the depth of the class.

I just haven't gotten a strong enough read on him to form a good opinion on him. Every time I think I'm comfortable with it, I change my mind.
I think I'm higher on Odunze than most here. I kinda see him as a legit high end guy.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2024, 08:46 AM   #383
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post

Would you rather have Thomas and see what Morris has with Donovan Smith here? Or trade up and pass on Thomas to take Fautanu?
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2024, 08:48 AM   #384
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

I don't think Patrick Paul is off the board for us tomorrow either; that length is a wet dream for Andy
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2024, 08:49 AM   #385
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
Let me help you out...

Reminds me too much of Hardman. Prefer Mitchell
ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 04-24-2024, 08:50 AM   #386
MVP

Trade up to 16 or 20 to go grab Brian Thomas, Jr.

I'd be dancing in the streets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsHawk View Post
Reminds me too much of Hardman. Prefer Mitchell

I'd love Worthy too, he's nothing like Hardman
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-24-2024, 08:52 AM   #387

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Would you rather have Thomas and see what Morris has with Donovan Smith here? Or trade up and pass on Thomas to take Fautanu?
{Flips coin}

If it were my job - I'd take Fautanu. Protect the franchise.

As a fan, the idea of a legit badass WR1 with dynamic deep threat ability is just awfully exciting.

I'd be more enthusiastic about Thomas. I'd also have to acknowledge that Fautanu is probably the 'smart' play.
Old 04-24-2024, 08:53 AM   #388
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimo View Post
Trade up to 16 or 20 to go grab Brian Thomas, Jr.

I'd be dancing in the streets

I'd love Worthy too, he's nothing like Hardman
Yea, Worthy is a much better prospect.

He's already a better route runner than Hardman was coming out, and he can actually track the ball, and he does is extremely well.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2024, 08:57 AM   #389

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Yea, Worthy is a much better prospect.

He's already a better route runner than Hardman was coming out, and he can actually track the ball, and he does is extremely well.
I'd say he's about what folks hoped Hardman would develop into. And honestly I still think he was on that path until the injuries in 2022.

The question I have with Worthy is ceiling. Is there any additional room for growth there at all? I really question if there is. If everything we see from him in college translates to the pros, he's Hollywood Brown, right? And that's pretty much what he'll be until age takes the speed away. There's not a ton else to develop; he's not going to get bigger or more physical.

Which makes him a guy I like as a potential trade-up option in the mid-2nd but I just don't see him being my favorite player on the board in the 1st.
Old 04-24-2024, 09:04 AM   #390
In Search of a Life

So looking at history.....I don't think I'd be too open to trading that much to get up and take the 4th WR in the class. Is it a historic all time class of WR's, because unless it is, there's probably just as good of a chance that the 7th best WR ends up as good as the 4th.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote