Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2015, 03:48 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?

What are you up to this weekend?

I finally gave up on my smoker and decided to get a new smoker. I went with a bigger model but less tech. Yes, its a cheater electric smoker. My 3rd one. I need more space to cook, I don't need help getting my smoke and temp right.

I've also never used injection for flavor except for pork butt or other big cuts of meat. I decided to give it a try. I developed my own injection. Basically like the other recipes you have out on the internet but I'm putting the rub in the injection and using sirracchi.

Full results not in yet but my son and I think its the best sausage we have ever had.

No sauce. Marinated the meat overnight. Injected the meat. Slow cooked the ribs and chicken. Baste it with a combo of butter and apple juice. Using a combination of Apple, Mesquite, Cherry and Hickory wood.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11539678_10205518593098849_7496287094654554585_n.jpg
Views:	6955
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	110157   Click image for larger version

Name:	11204917_10205518655060398_84193330748835473_n.jpg
Views:	6529
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	110158   Click image for larger version

Name:	11403311_10205518654740390_5737794009802538289_n.jpg
Views:	6890
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	110159   Click image for larger version

Name:	11060263_10205518594938895_5571454432064515726_n.jpg
Views:	6789
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	110160  
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-07-2018, 08:52 PM   #1231
Wasted away again...

Picked this up today, an early birthday present from my wife.

I said I'd never own a gas grill but I've found myself using our portable gas grill that we use when camping when I want to quickly grill some steaks or brats. I also needed to replace my Brinkman upright smoker that has seen better days.

Academy Sports had these on sale for $299. That's a great price, I've seen them for as much as $429. I've been reading up on mods for this smoker and already have a few things I plan to do to it.

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/okl...ill-and-smoker
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-07-2018, 09:00 PM   #1232
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post

I said I'd never own a gas grill but I've found myself using our portable gas grill that we use when camping when I want to quickly grill some steaks or brats. I also needed to replace my Brinkman upright smoker that has seen better days.

Academy Sports had these on sale for $299. That's a great price, I've seen them for as much as $429. I've been reading up on mods for this smoker and already have a few things I plan to do to it.

GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-07-2018, 09:13 PM   #1233
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
Meatloaf is next on my list of things to get around to (new wise) this summer, so the combo sounds real good.
I was watching some unique Festival food show on one of the cable channels. The guy was doing smoked Mac and cheese and couldn’t keep up with the demand.

Basically he was using standard elbow macaroni. He melted several different cheeses in a big pan. Cooked the macaroni 3/4ths the way. Put them together in big pans. Put in the smoker for 2-3 hours.

His looked too runny for my tastes. I’d use different macaroni. I’d melted the cheese from the start in the smoker. Mixed it up as needed during the smoke.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-07-2018, 09:57 PM   #1234
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post

Nice!!!

How did you like horseing that beat into and out of the truck.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-07-2018, 09:59 PM   #1235
Champs!

Going to grill my own specialty of “Saloon Burgers” with corn on the cob and grilled potatoes tomorrow.
Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-07-2018, 10:06 PM   #1236
Wasted away again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Nice!!!

How did you like horseing that beat into and out of the truck.
I had 3 employees at the store help me load it. My wife and her brother helped unload it. The hardest part was getting it up the stairs and onto the deck. But really it wasn't too bad.

205 lbs. It's pretty sturdy for what I paid for it.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-07-2018, 10:10 PM   #1237
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
I was watching some unique Festival food show on one of the cable channels. The guy was doing smoked Mac and cheese and couldn’t keep up with the demand.

Basically he was using standard elbow macaroni. He melted several different cheeses in a big pan. Cooked the macaroni 3/4ths the way. Put them together in big pans. Put in the smoker for 2-3 hours.

His looked too runny for my tastes. I’d use different macaroni. I’d melted the cheese from the start in the smoker. Mixed it up as needed during the smoke.
Give this one a try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jado2za9g8c

Pretty busy, but good result.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-07-2018, 10:13 PM   #1238
Fight, build, win!

I got a OK Joe Highland on closeout last year. I caught it on sale and was in the wifes sedan. lol it had to be unboxed and load part in trunk rest in back seat. They are nice the smoker needed gaps filled and door lined with heat tape. Then you can get her holding steady temps. I love the gas feather for grilling wish I had that. Thats a hell of a price.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-07-2018, 11:57 PM   #1239
I like Pie!

Meatloaf and ribs.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:00 PM   #1240
Keepin it Real

[IMG][/IMG]

Easily he best pork I’ve ever made. It was so tender, juicy, and had great flavor. Both my little girls went to town on it and they never eat.

Any ideas as to how to keep it tender for leftovers?
Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:01 PM   #1241
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunit35 View Post
[IMG][/IMG]

Easily he best pork I’ve ever made. It was so tendy, juicy, and had great flavor. Both my little girls went to town on it and they never eat.

Any ideas as to how to keep it tender for leftovers?
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:05 PM   #1242
Mahomes or GTFO

Here was my haul from Sunday. Did a lil' Texas-style brisket and it turned out incredibly well.

Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:20 PM   #1243
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
Did you pull it? If so, pour the drippings over the top and stick it in the fridge. Just warm it up all at once.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:26 PM   #1244
Keepin it Real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Did you pull it? If so, pour the drippings over the top and stick it in the fridge. Just warm it up all at once.
Yeah.

Except I was following some BBQ professional and he said to drain all the juices. Which I did. I should’ve known doing that was a mistake. I was thinking about pouring apple juice in it. Decent idea?
Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:34 PM   #1245
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunit35 View Post
Yeah.

Except I was following some BBQ professional and he said to drain all the juices. Which I did. I should’ve known doing that was a mistake. I was thinking about pouring apple juice in it. Decent idea?
Never tried it.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.