Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-18-2018, 08:23 AM  
Ain't no relax!

Captain Marvel

Last edited by DaFace; 12-04-2018 at 12:12 AM.. Reason: size was doing weird things to the thread
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-31-2019, 03:54 PM   #736
Paladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Finally saw it. I saw it with the wife, and then my buddy wanted to see it so I watched it again later.

It could have been a hell of a lot better. My main issue with it is Larson's performance. In most of her scenes she seemed like she was just really annoyed to be there, rather than emoting much at all. It was fairly awful.

The rest of the movie I thought was decent. Jackson was great. Clark Gregg was pretty ****ing cool. Jude Law was good. The Maria character was good. Writing was OK. Pacing was fine. The action was meh, but OK.

The thing about Larson was notable though. Initially, I thought maybe that was intentional, her subduing herself because emotions are warriors enemies. But even then, Jude Law's character had much more charisma, and he's full on Kree warrior who should have no emotion.

My wife thought that's her human personality, but the flashbacks and pictures showed that she was very outgoing and boisterous. I think that's off base. She also postulated that she was just an asshole as a human. But that can still be charismatic characters, See: Stark, Tony.

I am HOPING it was a director issue, because she was fairly endearing in some of her interactions with Fury. So I'm thinking (hoping) whatever they were going for just missed and the Russos can un**** it. I'm not optomistic because the trailer stuff I've seen with her is roughly the same.

It's just frustrating, because even if she's supposed to be emotionless, those can still be charismatic, compelling characters. I mean, Jude Law did it in the very same movie. Spock is one of the most compelling characters in TV histories.

I just found myself not giving half a **** about her other than knowing through standard tropes that she was supposed to be the hero. This is troublesome because she is supposed to be the Stark-esque leader moving forward. This is problematic because it is pretty much the diametric opposite of Downey's Stark in terms of charisma. I mean, hell, the kid that was supposed to be young Carol was more charismatic than Larson's Carol.
Hey man she got back up after falling down like every other human being in their lifespan. She's so strong for that! Leave her alone!
Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-31-2019, 04:00 PM   #737
Mahomes Dynasty

Larson was just a bad casting choice for the role.

I would've rather watched sheep ****.
CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.
Old 03-31-2019, 04:24 PM   #738
Roy E.

It's definitely in the lower tier of Marvel movies.
Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-31-2019, 04:44 PM   #739
Administrator

Larson is obviously a decent actress. I blame the directors for her performance. If she is as flat in the next Avengers than I will stand corrected but I am holding out hope that far superior direction will salvage her character.
AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-31-2019, 04:59 PM   #740
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
Larson is obviously a decent actress. I blame the directors for her performance. If she is as flat in the next Avengers than I will stand corrected but I am holding out hope that far superior direction will salvage her character.
That’s what I’m hoping also, but who knows.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-31-2019, 06:15 PM   #741
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
Yeah, this. The Russo brothers have had the magic touch with everything they've done so far in the MCU.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-31-2019, 07:23 PM   #742
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Yeah, this. The Russo brothers have had the magic touch with everything they've done so far in the MCU.
Including Arrested Development.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-31-2019, 07:27 PM   #743
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
I always forget that they were in the middle of that.

Speaking of, The Winter Soldier was just on FX earlier today. That film ranks very highly in the pecking order of the MCU films of the last ten years, imho. The Russos did a fantastic job with that movie.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-31-2019, 08:03 PM   #744
Supporter

Quote:
I always forget that they were in the middle of that.

Speaking of, The Winter Soldier was just on FX earlier today. That film ranks very highly in the pecking order of the MCU films of the last ten years, imho. The Russos did a fantastic job with that movie.
Agreed.

This is one of my favorite fight scenes in the MCU.

Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 08:14 PM   #745
sorta mod-ish

Yeah, that was bad ass.

And also, maybe a little foreshadowing at 1:28?
Old 03-31-2019, 09:06 PM   #746
Supporter

Quote:
Yeah, that was bad ass.

And also, maybe a little foreshadowing at 1:28?
If not, massive fan service
Old 03-31-2019, 09:30 PM   #747
Respect the hyphen

Quote:
Agreed.

This is one of my favorite fight scenes in the MCU.

That knife flip at 1:40 is awesome.

Mind-controlled Bucky is a dog. He got a hell of a nerf when he regained his conscience.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-31-2019, 11:47 PM   #748
__

Quote:
Finally saw it. I saw it with the wife, and then my buddy wanted to see it so I watched it again later.

It could have been a hell of a lot better. My main issue with it is Larson's performance. In most of her scenes she seemed like she was just really annoyed to be there, rather than emoting much at all. It was fairly awful.

The rest of the movie I thought was decent. Jackson was great. Clark Gregg was pretty ****ing cool. Jude Law was good. The Maria character was good. Writing was OK. Pacing was fine. The action was meh, but OK.

The thing about Larson was notable though. Initially, I thought maybe that was intentional, her subduing herself because emotions are warriors enemies. But even then, Jude Law's character had much more charisma, and he's full on Kree warrior who should have no emotion.

My wife thought that's her human personality, but the flashbacks and pictures showed that she was very outgoing and boisterous. I think that's off base. She also postulated that she was just an asshole as a human. But that can still be charismatic characters, See: Stark, Tony.

I am HOPING it was a director issue, because she was fairly endearing in some of her interactions with Fury. So I'm thinking (hoping) whatever they were going for just missed and the Russos can un**** it. I'm not optomistic because the trailer stuff I've seen with her is roughly the same.

It's just frustrating, because even if she's supposed to be emotionless, those can still be charismatic, compelling characters. I mean, Jude Law did it in the very same movie. Spock is one of the most compelling characters in TV histories.

I just found myself not giving half a **** about her other than knowing through standard tropes that she was supposed to be the hero. This is troublesome because she is supposed to be the Stark-esque leader moving forward. This is problematic because it is pretty much the diametric opposite of Downey's Stark in terms of charisma. I mean, hell, the kid that was supposed to be young Carol was more charismatic than Larson's Carol.
That kid was an atrocious actor.

But, yeah, as I said earlier in this thread, Larson was not a great fit for the role.

I've no doubt they can adjust going forward. One hopes.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-01-2019, 12:02 PM   #749
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
Also oversaw some of the greatest comedy television episodes ever done via Community.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-01-2019, 07:34 PM   #750
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
That kid was an atrocious actor.

But, yeah, as I said earlier in this thread, Larson was not a great fit for the role.

I've no doubt they can adjust going forward. One hopes.
The Russo’s could make a tampon commercial entertaining. They’re excellent storytellers.

They’ll un **** the character for this film and then it will be back to more of the same.
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote