Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-18-2018, 08:23 AM  
Ain't no relax!

Captain Marvel

Last edited by DaFace; 12-04-2018 at 12:12 AM.. Reason: size was doing weird things to the thread
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2019, 03:26 PM   #721
Respect the hyphen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravedigger View Post
I like a transition of power with my superheroes, and I find when they get their powers and they automatically know how to use them perfectly with a snap of the fingers as too much of a stretch for me.

Spoiler!
Seems pretty standard for anyone who gets their powers from an infinity stone in this universe.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2019, 03:47 PM   #722
In Search of a Life

She could already do that stuff though, because she had been training with the Kree on it. She just didn't know the extent of her powers until then? Maybe?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2019, 03:49 PM   #723
testing ... 1, 2, 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
She could already do that stuff though, because she had been training with the Kree on it. She just didn't know the extent of her powers until then? Maybe?
She thought she had to have the thingy in order to glow.

This is common among womenfolk.

FAX
FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2019, 07:17 PM   #724
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
Seems pretty standard for anyone who gets their powers from an infinity stone in this universe.
Pretty standard Mary Sue character arc: woman is awesome, becomes more awesome, realizes only thing that ever heald her back was patriarchy.
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2019, 08:28 PM   #725
Respect the hyphen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
Pretty standard Mary Sue character arc: woman is awesome, becomes more awesome, realizes only thing that ever heald her back was patriarchy.
She was just a hotshot pilot prior to the gifting of her powers. Is there that big a difference between her origin and that of Hal Jordan or the Human Torch?

It had been six years since the Tesseract gave her superpowers. She had obviously been training the whole time, despite being taught to hold back. Not much different than Superman.

She's definitely a cocky douche. That's a character flaw not unlike Thor and Tony Stark.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2019, 10:14 PM   #726
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
She was just a hotshot pilot prior to the gifting of her powers. Is there that big a difference between her origin and that of Hal Jordan or the Human Torch?

It had been six years since the Tesseract gave her superpowers. She had obviously been training the whole time, despite being taught to hold back. Not much different than Superman.

She's definitely a cocky douche. That's a character flaw not unlike Thor and Tony Stark.
Honestly she started off as atoken female replacement to mar-vel.

They tried to give her some depth with the most bizarre rape story ever.

I thought she was most interesting when she had to share a body with Rogue. She usually would come out when rogue would get knocked out or just didn’t want to deal with whatever was going on. Back then she was still heroic and not a conceited femi-nazi. She was a mature but tragic figure.
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2019, 05:51 PM   #727
Paladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
Honestly she started off as atoken female replacement to mar-vel.

They tried to give her some depth with the most bizarre rape story ever.

I thought she was most interesting when she had to share a body with Rogue. She usually would come out when rogue would get knocked out or just didn’t want to deal with whatever was going on. Back then she was still heroic and not a conceited femi-nazi. She was a mature but tragic figure.
You can't say rape in 2019 sir. Sorry.
Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-27-2019, 06:57 PM   #728
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:

But she’s got a vagina. We are tired of them wanting to be treated as equals. Now it’s in our comics and movies?

/way too many on CP
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 07:45 PM   #729
Mahomes Dynasty

horrible story/plot

even worse acting
CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 08:00 PM   #730
**** That Noise

I had no plans to see it but decided I should since she will be in End Game. It was better than I expected. It was also my first time with D-Box seating which was also more intense than I expected. I liked that it was set back in the 90’s, and was a good prequel to the rest.
RustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 03-28-2019, 03:22 PM   #731
Paladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMoChief View Post
horrible story/plot

even worse acting
Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 07:03 PM   #732
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMoChief View Post
horrible story/plot

even worse acting
nah that's just bad analysis there lol. You could argue it could've been more in depth but didn't really need to
Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 03-31-2019, 11:02 AM   #733
Supporter

Finally saw it. I saw it with the wife, and then my buddy wanted to see it so I watched it again later.

It could have been a hell of a lot better. My main issue with it is Larson's performance. In most of her scenes she seemed like she was just really annoyed to be there, rather than emoting much at all. It was fairly awful.

The rest of the movie I thought was decent. Jackson was great. Clark Gregg was pretty ****ing cool. Jude Law was good. The Maria character was good. Writing was OK. Pacing was fine. The action was meh, but OK.

The thing about Larson was notable though. Initially, I thought maybe that was intentional, her subduing herself because emotions are warriors enemies. But even then, Jude Law's character had much more charisma, and he's full on Kree warrior who should have no emotion.

My wife thought that's her human personality, but the flashbacks and pictures showed that she was very outgoing and boisterous. I think that's off base. She also postulated that she was just an asshole as a human. But that can still be charismatic characters, See: Stark, Tony.

I am HOPING it was a director issue, because she was fairly endearing in some of her interactions with Fury. So I'm thinking (hoping) whatever they were going for just missed and the Russos can un**** it. I'm not optomistic because the trailer stuff I've seen with her is roughly the same.

It's just frustrating, because even if she's supposed to be emotionless, those can still be charismatic, compelling characters. I mean, Jude Law did it in the very same movie. Spock is one of the most compelling characters in TV histories.

I just found myself not giving half a **** about her other than knowing through standard tropes that she was supposed to be the hero. This is troublesome because she is supposed to be the Stark-esque leader moving forward. This is problematic because it is pretty much the diametric opposite of Downey's Stark in terms of charisma. I mean, hell, the kid that was supposed to be young Carol was more charismatic than Larson's Carol.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 01:43 PM   #734
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Finally saw it. I saw it with the wife, and then my buddy wanted to see it so I watched it again later.

It could have been a hell of a lot better. My main issue with it is Larson's performance. In most of her scenes she seemed like she was just really annoyed to be there, rather than emoting much at all. It was fairly awful.

The rest of the movie I thought was decent. Jackson was great. Clark Gregg was pretty ****ing cool. Jude Law was good. The Maria character was good. Writing was OK. Pacing was fine. The action was meh, but OK.

The thing about Larson was notable though. Initially, I thought maybe that was intentional, her subduing herself because emotions are warriors enemies. But even then, Jude Law's character had much more charisma, and he's full on Kree warrior who should have no emotion.

My wife thought that's her human personality, but the flashbacks and pictures showed that she was very outgoing and boisterous. I think that's off base. She also postulated that she was just an asshole as a human. But that can still be charismatic characters, See: Stark, Tony.

I am HOPING it was a director issue, because she was fairly endearing in some of her interactions with Fury. So I'm thinking (hoping) whatever they were going for just missed and the Russos can un**** it. I'm not optomistic because the trailer stuff I've seen with her is roughly the same.

It's just frustrating, because even if she's supposed to be emotionless, those can still be charismatic, compelling characters. I mean, Jude Law did it in the very same movie. Spock is one of the most compelling characters in TV histories.

I just found myself not giving half a **** about her other than knowing through standard tropes that she was supposed to be the hero. This is troublesome because she is supposed to be the Stark-esque leader moving forward. This is problematic because it is pretty much the diametric opposite of Downey's Stark in terms of charisma. I mean, hell, the kid that was supposed to be young Carol was more charismatic than Larson's Carol.

I like Brie Larson alot as an actress. But i agree with you here. I think she was miscast.
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-31-2019, 02:36 PM   #735
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post

via GIPHY

Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.