Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-06-2021, 04:54 PM  
Hockey Town

Anyone ever change the drain pump on the washing machine?

Looks like I'll be doing this in a few days when the part shows up. Washer stopped draining, flashed the OE error. Repair places want 300 for the job when it's a 45 dollar part so **** it I'll do it myself.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-06-2021, 08:20 PM   #16
Snacks Are Under My Apron

You know you did it right if you have left over screws
threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 08:27 PM   #17
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Lee View Post
I'll echo a few posters and say YouTube is your friend for this type of job. I replaced a drain pump a few years back and did it all with the help of YouTube vids.

One thing to be wary of; when I got the initial replacement pump the wiring connection was opposite from my model. I took it back to the parts dealer and he had it replaced, even got the replacement shipped next day air. This may not effect you but wanted to share my story.
YouTube is how I fix shit I watched a video to determine if I thought I could do it or not.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-06-2021, 11:48 PM   #18
Starter

Ban drain pumps
D.A.P. would the whole thing.D.A.P. would the whole thing.D.A.P. would the whole thing.D.A.P. would the whole thing.D.A.P. would the whole thing.D.A.P. would the whole thing.D.A.P. would the whole thing.D.A.P. would the whole thing.D.A.P. would the whole thing.D.A.P. would the whole thing.D.A.P. would the whole thing.
Old 05-07-2021, 12:30 AM   #19
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Having been the victim of a washing machine disaster, my only advice is make 100% sure you know what the **** you're doing. If not, the extra money you spend on hiring a professional or simply getting a new washer will be better than the pain in the ass you're in for if it fails.

Good luck.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-07-2021, 12:47 AM   #20
Just a li'l Evel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Your wife has a drain pump?
This is why you're always single.
TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-07-2021, 12:50 AM   #21
Just a li'l Evel

Thing I love (not) about appliance repairs is, you get the part number and model, manufacturers and search it and turns out it's like:

Fits Kenmore, Whirlpool, LG, GE, KitchenAid, Maytag, Jennair,

Are there only two appliances companies in the world?

Also, I wouldn't buy the part on Amazon. It costs more from Appliance Pros etc. but get genuine parts IMO.
TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-07-2021, 06:20 AM   #22
World's finest morphius

I have done it on an LG front loader within the last 6 months, really easy but buy the spring tool, this is the one you will want.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It makes it so easy you wish you wonder why you bought it, but if you don't it can be a nightmare to get back on. Other than that it is a really easy thing to do.

Now there are some LG's that you can get to the pump from the bottom by tilting it up, but mine had bolts all over the place so I had to go in the hard way.
morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-07-2021, 06:31 AM   #23
#triggering

Ha... actually did this a week ago. $25 part on Amazon - easy video to follow on YouTube. The only PITA about it was my part was screwed into a base within the machine and in the video it was just 4 screws, not an additional base. So that sucked and added about 15 minutes and more cursing because of the angle.
Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 05-07-2021, 06:36 AM   #24
World's finest morphius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania View Post
Ha... actually did this a week ago. $25 part on Amazon - easy video to follow on YouTube. The only PITA about it was my part was screwed into a base within the machine and in the video it was just 4 screws, not an additional base. So that sucked and added about 15 minutes and more cursing because of the angle.
That might be the same one I have, lol. It is like they designed it that way just to be an ass.
morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-07-2021, 06:49 AM   #25
umm...what do I say here?

Had an LG replaced the pump at least 3 times in 6 or so years due to dog hair plugging it up....couple of labs in the house blankets on furniture so the hair would plug it up. Had to clean the drain out about every 6 months. Repairman would do it for 50 bucks a pop but we are small town and he would do it off the clock to make extra $$. Switched to a GE with a drain in the front NO problems in well over a year so far.....pump was not included for the 50 bucks.
btlook1 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.btlook1 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.btlook1 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.btlook1 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.btlook1 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.btlook1 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.btlook1 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.btlook1 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.btlook1 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.btlook1 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.btlook1 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-07-2021, 06:59 AM   #26
#triggering

I’m not that handy with this sort of stuff, but there is really a ton of great how to videos on YouTube for almost all things around the house. I don’t mess with electrical work though. I’ll pay for that.
Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 07:45 AM   #27
You're CARICATURES, ALL of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
YouTube is how I fix shit I watched a video to determine if I thought I could do it or not.
Ditto. I thought I might be able to fix a sagging floor in my house, watched a few YouTube vids, then re-watched them, then watched them again a third time, them realized this was a project that should be handled by a professional
KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-07-2021, 07:51 AM   #28
Diablo Negro

Youtube is your friend.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-07-2021, 07:57 AM   #29
I'm with the Banned

Funny enough.... I just emptied the drainstop on our front loader (Samsung) like 2 months ago because it kept throwing a "drainage error" each load.... There was a goddamn $10 bill that had gotten through there somehow and wrapped itself perfectly in there as a stopper. The money was covered in mold but yet was crispy clean at the same time - really weird looking. I didn't even realize this easy access drainage stop existed, before then. Had the Machine 4 years and never once had checked it prior to this. Read through the manual (after finding it) and saw that you're supposed to check it routinely, apparently. Oops.
Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 05-07-2021, 10:35 AM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
My washer is a LG front loader..it's like 5 years old, it's a hassle but I'm not tossing a 700 dollar washer 5 years in.
I had an LG front loader for 15 years and replaced the pump several times. It's tough to squeeze in, but just a couple of connections once you have it in place.
kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.