Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-24-2024, 02:50 PM   #2
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModSocks View Post
Good. FAU was a ghost last year. Dude got a redshirt year. It's odd to have so little production from a 1st round draft pick and have so little discussion about it. Kind of an elephant in the room.

DONT INTERPRET THIS POST AS ME BEING DOWN ON FAU. Sheesh. Just getting that out of the way already.

I thought he looked just fine when he was out there. But you'd like to see more snaps and production out of a 1st round pick. Hopefully this is that year.
Why? We had an incredible DLine in front of him. He played, including the SB, and played well. I'm not sure what folks are wanting or why.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 03:15 PM   #3
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
Why? We had an incredible DLine in front of him. He played, including the SB, and played well. I'm not sure what folks are wanting or why.
I think people need to let go of the mantra, but he was a first round pick?! He was the 32nd pick in a draft where there was around 15-20 graded 1st round picks. So with all that said FAU was an upper 2nd round value where the Chiefs were picking. That's just how it works most years picking late, you're not probably going to get a player without development required. IF the Chiefs were to not trade up this year and again pick at 32, you're drafting a player again that needs some level of development. If you're picking a WR outside of the big 4, you're getting a yeah, but player. If you're picking a OT outside of the big 4, again, a yeah, but player. Expectations need to match who and where the pick is placed.
Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 10:13 AM   #4
MVP

God this makes me happy. Not for the skills he may learn but the acknowledgement that he needs to improve. I feel like Dee Ford never made a huge effort to improve until in was contract time. I always wonder about guys who come in the league and never really move the needle from there, do they know they need to get better or are they just blaming the coaching staff, situation, injuries ECT? Like John Baldwin felt like the exact same player on day one as the day he walked out the door to me.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-24-2024, 10:16 AM   #5
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
God this makes me happy. Not for the skills he may learn but the acknowledgement that he needs to improve. I feel like Dee Ford never made a huge effort to improve until in was contract time. I always wonder about guys who come in the league and never really move the needle from there, do they know they need to get better or are they just blaming the coaching staff, situation, injuries ECT? Like John Baldwin felt like the exact same player on day one as the day he walked out the door to me.
This is one of the reasons I was high on FAU.

It's one thing to have the talent/upside, but if you don't have the work ethic and desire to be great, it doesn't really matter.

I thought FAU had both, and that's what made him a worthy swing at 31 last year IMO.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 10:21 AM   #6
In Search of a Life

Yea, that speaks volumes that he would be one of the younger guys in this year's class too.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2024, 10:30 AM   #7
Starter

Awesome news.

We need him to step with Charles O starting the season on PUP.
PatMahomesIsGod ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.
Old 04-24-2024, 11:24 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatMahomesIsGod View Post
Awesome news.

We need him to step with Charles O starting the season on PUP.
He's going to make you forget all about Charles O buddy.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-24-2024, 01:58 PM   #9
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
He's going to make you forget all about Charles O buddy.
Hopefully.

Dude played well last year for us.
PatMahomesIsGod ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.
Old 04-24-2024, 12:09 PM   #10
Hockey Town

In reality we took 2 redshirt DE's last year, hopefully that pays off big this year.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2024, 12:35 PM   #11
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
In reality we took 2 redshirt DE's last year, hopefully that pays off big this year.
That last game against the Chargers there was a few glimpses of BJ Thompson making some plays. If he can give some reps as a plus situational pass rusher that's going to be a good late pick.
Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 04-24-2024, 12:42 PM   #12
Woman should only make babies

You can draft a player in the first round and they not be great and still win championships. Must be nice
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 12:53 PM   #13
MVP

Tamba Hali was a good first round pick, I'm glad he's working out with the young draft selections on the Chiefs.
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-24-2024, 01:34 PM   #14
Starter

Also FAU had hand surgery after the college season and missed a lot of the off season program. I expect a big jump from him this year. Working with Tamba only fires me more.
ChiefsFan63 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ChiefsFan63 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ChiefsFan63 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ChiefsFan63 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ChiefsFan63 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ChiefsFan63 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ChiefsFan63 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ChiefsFan63 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ChiefsFan63 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ChiefsFan63 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ChiefsFan63 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 04-24-2024, 01:42 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFan63 View Post
Also FAU had hand surgery after the college season and missed a lot of the off season program. I expect a big jump from him this year. Working with Tamba only fires me more.

Yep he was months behind the entire season. Jury is still very very much out on FAU
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.