Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-29-2024, 04:49 AM   #2
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
That's ridiculous
You do realize the gas taxes are used for road construction and maintenance, right?

You expect a FREE RIDE?

HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-29-2024, 06:45 AM   #3
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd View Post
You do realize the gas taxes are used for road construction and maintenance, right?

You expect a FREE RIDE?

You would think you would be more thankful to the people that are helping lower the price of YOUR gas.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-29-2024, 07:21 AM   #4
In Search of a Life

My gas prices are going up because the number of sheep that have switched to electric isn't big enough to cause dent in demand.

EV is not the future. They are never going to replace IC engines. Let me know when hydrogen, or some other "clean" method that mirrors IC, starts becoming a mainstream push. Then I might take an interest.
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 08:47 AM   #5
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1020 View Post
My gas prices are going up because the number of sheep that have switched to electric isn't big enough to cause dent in demand.

EV is not the future. They are never going to replace IC engines. Let me know when hydrogen, or some other "clean" method that mirrors IC, starts becoming a mainstream push. Then I might take an interest.
Ah yes supply and demand does not exist? It is true that gas is extremely inelastic but I assure you if Tesla, Prius, and other hybrid/electric cars did not exist your gas prices would be higher.

Just say thank you. Its ok. Gas serves a purpose as do EVs.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-29-2024, 12:01 PM   #6
Supporter

Quote:
You would think you would be more thankful to the people that are helping lower the price of YOUR gas.
Like that has any impact whatsoever. I am going to stop now before this thread ends up in D.C.
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-29-2024, 12:08 PM   #7
Fish are scared of me

Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-30-2024, 01:21 AM   #8
Supporter

Quote:
As calculated earlier, the energy cost of producing the Tesla Model S Long Range battery pack is equivalent to about 15.76 barrels of oil, or about 2,675.2 gallons of diesel fuel.Feb 26, 2023

https://famguardian.org/3-million-ba...0diesel%20fuel.
Old 03-30-2024, 10:39 AM   #9
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
As calculated earlier, the energy cost of producing the Tesla Model S Long Range battery pack is equivalent to about 15.76 barrels of oil, or about 2,675.2 gallons of diesel fuel.Feb 26, 2023

https://famguardian.org/3-million-ba...0diesel%20fuel.
Are you under the impression that other cars don't take any energy to make? I don't understand what you are trying to prove here.
Old 03-30-2024, 11:26 AM   #10
Supporter

Quote:
Are you under the impression that other cars don't take any energy to make? I don't understand what you are trying to prove here.
Maybe if I had underlined, bolded and italicized BATTERY you might have understood better.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 12:04 PM   #11
Mod Team

Quote:
Maybe if I had underlined, bolded and italicized BATTERY you might have understood better.
BWillie is a Gen X’er in a Boomers body/mind.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-30-2024, 12:20 PM   #12
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
https://www.epa.gov/greenvehicles/el...-vehicle-myths

Also, any manufacturing costs for the creation of the batteries can be greatly offset or reduced in the future being that 90%-100% of the battery can be recycled.

Please don't be mad. I'm not mad at you for driving an ICE vehicle.
Old 03-29-2024, 08:22 AM   #13
MVP

Quote:

You expect a FREE RIDE?
"You didn't build that"
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-29-2024, 08:55 AM   #14
Kind of a mod

Quote:

You expect a FREE RIDE?
To be fair, there's nothing set in stone that says that's the way roads SHOULD be financed. Some states don't have income taxes, but they have higher property and/or sales taxes - they can choose how they want it to work.

In a distant future where EVs are the majority, states could possibly choose to pay for road maintenance from other sources. And sure, you could argue that paying for it from gas taxes is the most "fair" way of doing it, but I don't get a break on my taxes because I don't have kids who go to school and don't go to parks very often.

In the meantime, I don't have an issue with (reasonable) registration fees for EVs, but the model at its core doesn't HAVE to stay that way.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-29-2024, 11:54 AM   #15
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
To be fair, there's nothing set in stone that says that's the way roads SHOULD be financed. Some states don't have income taxes, but they have higher property and/or sales taxes - they can choose how they want it to work.
We recently learned that the hard way as we were going to move to Texas to be closer to grandkids. They have no personal income tax and their property taxes are similar to Illinois and California, through the roof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
In a distant future where EVs are the majority, states could possibly choose to pay for road maintenance from other sources. And sure, you could argue that paying for it from gas taxes is the most "fair" way of doing it, but I don't get a break on my taxes because I don't have kids who go to school and don't go to parks very often.

In the meantime, I don't have an issue with (reasonable) registration fees for EVs, but the model at its core doesn't HAVE to stay that way.
Same here, been paying school taxes for many years and my kids graduated in 91 and 94.
Bottom line, they are going to get it somewhere. There is a ground swell here in Missouri to remove personal property tax, but I would bet it would result in an increase in property tax or some other venue.