Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2

Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?

Last edited by Bearcat; 07-28-2015 at 05:52 PM..
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:09 AM   #1066
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac459 View Post
A trick I was trained to do in my military days was for each target engagement run your eyes from your sight to your target..they called it following your bullet flight..or path

It helped me with longer pistol shots..after doing it enough it becomes second nature and improved my engagements

But of course all I did when I wasn't deployed was spend time on the range with the taxpayer footing my bills so that helped too
I'll try anything that helps. I need to improve on those long shots.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:35 AM   #1067
Supporter

Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:48 AM   #1068
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2017, 03:41 PM   #1069
Supporter

Question for you all

Girlfriend wants to get a pistol to carry with her for self defense..Columbia is getting more and more crazy..plus some walking dick holster was walking around the house at 0330 this morning so she is serious about it now

Any suggestions for a smaller gun..she is maybe 5'3" and small hands

I have been looking hard at these all in 9mm

Springfield XD Mod 2
SW M&P
Possibly a Glock..haven't looked to much into those yet

Any other suggestions..open to about anything
Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2017, 03:44 PM   #1070
Supporter

notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2017, 03:55 PM   #1071
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Question for you all

Girlfriend wants to get a pistol to carry with her for self defense..Columbia is getting more and more crazy..plus some walking dick holster was walking around the house at 0330 this morning so she is serious about it now

Any suggestions for a smaller gun..she is maybe 5'3" and small hands

I have been looking hard at these all in 9mm

Springfield XD Mod 2
SW M&P
Possibly a Glock..haven't looked to much into those yet

Any other suggestions..open to about anything
I've owned in the past a Springfield XDm (pseudo compact), a S&W M&P 9c (compact) and a Glock 26 (compact). All are good guns. I would not go any lower than that level of quality for a carry gun. And don't get her a ****ing .380.

I have no experience with the Mod 2, but based on my experience with my XDm I'd think that would be a good choice. XDs have grip safeties, and chamber and mag indicators which will instantly let you know if the gun is loaded/chambered, even in the dark.

The only problem I ever had with my XDm was the factory sights, which quite frankly were dog shit. Hopefully that was just an aberration. The gun itself was wonderful, and of the three, I'd recommend the Springfield, although, again, they are all good guns. I probably liked the Glock 26 the least just because it didn't fit my hand very well. But you can't go wrong with any of them.

The Springfield is also far and away the easiest to field strip and clean.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:08 PM   #1072
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
I've owned in the past a Springfield XDm (pseudo compact), a S&W M&P 9c (compact) and a Glock 26 (compact). All are good guns. I would not go any lower than that level of quality for a carry gun. And don't get her a ****ing .380.

I have no experience with the Mod 2, but based on my experience with my XDm I'd think that would be a good choice. XDs have grip safeties, and chamber and mag indicators which will instantly let you know if the gun is loaded/chambered, even in the dark.

The only problem I ever had with my XDm was the factory sights, which quite frankly were dog shit. Hopefully that was just an aberration. The gun itself was wonderful, and of the three, I'd recommend the Springfield, although, again, they are all good guns. I probably liked the Glock 26 the least just because it didn't fit my hand very well. But you can't go wrong with any of them.

The Springfield is also far and away the easiest to field strip and clean.
I'm a huge XD guy..had a XDM 40 that I traded off and have hated myself ever since..love those guns so I'm really leaning heavily towards that one but I wanted to get other people to throw some suggestions at me cause my Glock experience isn't much and I'm not too big on the M&P for some reason..never really liked the way it felt
Old 04-17-2017, 08:22 PM   #1073
Veteran

Quote:
I'm a huge XD guy..had a XDM 40 that I traded off and have hated myself ever since..love those guns so I'm really leaning heavily towards that one but I wanted to get other people to throw some suggestions at me cause my Glock experience isn't much and I'm not too big on the M&P for some reason..never really liked the way it felt
Another big XD fan here as well. 3 votes for XD. Never really cared for Glocks.
stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:23 PM   #1074
Supporter

Love my XDS .45. Daily carry since they were released years ago.

Easy to rack the slide, which is important for women, packs a punch, and is easily concealable.

Oh, and they are on super sale right now at Palmetto. 799 for a xds 9 or .45 with a decent AR15
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:25 PM   #1075
Supporter

I am not a fan of baby glocks. They have horrible muzzle jump IMO.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:54 PM   #1076
Broncos' Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote:
I had an 40 XDM too and I loved it. It shot very much like a Glock 17. That's pretty amazing IMHO. My only issue with the 40 XDM is that it is a big gun, it's not a CC pistol. If you're a uniform cop, it's a perfect weapon (15 + 1 in 40S&W) that shoots like a Glock 17 (which is a 9mm).
Tombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-17-2017, 09:14 PM   #1077
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
I am not a fan of baby glocks. They have horrible muzzle jump IMO.
Yeah, I didn't shoot very well with my 26. I ended up selling it to my gun snob friend who had quite a bit of work done to it, and even after that he ended up buying other carry guns. I don't think he ever uses it now. The Smith 9c is almost identical in size to the Glock 26, but it fit my hand much better and shot better. The only thing I didn't like about the Smith was that wonky internal lever/pin thing you have to flip when breaking it down.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:06 AM   #1078
MVP

I have an XDs 9mm and my wife has trouble racking the slide. You may want to have her practice that a bit. If she has trouble with that, a 357/38sp revolver may be better. Just point and pull the trigger.
kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 04-18-2017, 11:13 AM   #1079
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kepp View Post
I have an XDs 9mm and my wife has trouble racking the slide. You may want to have her practice that a bit. If she has trouble with that, a 357/38sp revolver may be better. Just point and pull the trigger.
I've heard lots of women say this, including my wife, and I think it's crap. They're just tentative racking the slide because its a gun, so they don't put a full measure of strength into it, and then pass that off as being unable to do it.

Bonnie Parker weighed less than 100 pounds and could wield a BAR like a professional soldier. Do you think she had Clyde chamber rounds for her?
Old 04-18-2017, 12:00 PM   #1080
pew pew madafakas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennywise View Post
Shameless bump again.

Rack your AR like a pistol and stop pinching the shitty T charging handle if its under your optics or scope.
Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.