Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2

Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?

Last edited by Bearcat; 07-28-2015 at 05:52 PM..
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-29-2020, 12:15 PM   #3316
The Constitutional Choo choo

Century Arms is garbage.
LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-29-2020, 01:42 PM   #3317
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveSteam View Post
Century Arms is garbage.
Thanks man. And thanks everyone for the input. I think I need an AR and an AK. When I find one from a solid manufacturer I知 going to add an AK.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-29-2020, 02:15 PM   #3318
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Glad this AK discussion came up - while reading this thread it occurred to me that I hadn't checked on some of the rifles in my safe for a long time. Sure enough, the batteries in the EOTech on my M1A were dead and corroded. That's not something I would have wanted to discover when the zombies were closing in.

Probably wouldn't hurt to give them all a good cleaning, either.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-29-2020, 02:48 PM   #3319
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
Thanks man. And thanks everyone for the input. I think I need an AR and an AK. When I find one from a solid manufacturer I知 going to add an AK.
You might want to consider a higher caliber rifle for your second choice. A .308 has far more power and penetration capability than a .556 or .762. If the zombies are coming in vehicles, you're far better off with a .308.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 03:17 PM   #3320
In my youth i pray to keep

Quote:
Entry level AKs that are decent are WASR10 and Zastava NPAPs don't be discouraged by the Century markings on the NPAP, they're just the importer.
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-29-2020, 03:48 PM   #3321
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
You might want to consider a higher caliber rifle for your second choice. A .308 has far more power and penetration capability than a .556 or .762. If the zombies are coming in vehicles, you're far better off with a .308.

Well, if zombies learn to drive and they are coming, I will have (in this fantasy world) grabbed a .50 Barrett.......screw them AND their vehicle.
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-29-2020, 03:49 PM   #3322
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randallflagg View Post

Well, if zombies learn to drive and they are coming, I will have (in this fantasy world) grabbed a .50 Barrett.......screw them AND their vehicle.
When I say "zombies" I really don't actually mean zombies....
Old 08-29-2020, 03:59 PM   #3323
Supporter

I’m thinking I’d like to get a 9mm carbine on an AR type setup.

I’m not necessarily opposed to building one, as long as there isn’t any machine work that needs to happen to operate properly.

I know all manner of shit is happening right now, but does anyone have any advice? Should I build one or look to buy assembled? Brands to avoid?
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-29-2020, 05:47 PM   #3324
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Found a small list of reviewed carry insurance companies, includes costs, and breakdowns of coverages:
https://gundigest.com/handguns/conce...urance-options
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-29-2020, 06:32 PM   #3325
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Just when I feared I might know what the **** I知 doing.
Thanks man.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-29-2020, 06:51 PM   #3326
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Just when I feared I might know what the **** I知 doing.
Thanks man.
You're welcome.

An AR-10 is the exact same platform as an AR-15, and outside of the increased length of the magwell, is identical in appearance and operates exactly the same. Obviously an AR-10 will kick more, but it won't be the same as the type of .308 that I have.

As I've said before in this thread, I would have been better off with an AR-10 than the M1A. It's much easier to mount optics and other accessories on an AR-10; on the M1A, you have to jump through some hoops. The M1A's iron sights don't really work well with my old man eyes, so I mounted a red dot on it, and for the red dot to line up with my eye correctly, I had to install a cheek riser on the stock. And still, the optic has to be mounted farther forward than I like because of the design of the gun. There are mounting systems specifically designed to overcome this, but the problem is that an ejecting shell can become jammed in it, so it's better to keep that area completely clear.

That being said, it's a great rifle, accurate as hell, and a joy to shoot, although you will feel it the next day.
Old 08-30-2020, 05:09 AM   #3327
Mahomosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDj23 View Post
Entry level AKs that are decent are WASR10 and Zastava NPAPs don't be discouraged by the Century markings on the NPAP, they're just the importer.

Zastava imports their own stuff now, no longer funneled through century.

That being said, i would rock an american made ak before i would dump a grand on a zastava. Zastavas are setup like yugos, and don稚 accept typical akm parts. Parts interchangeability is big for me when selecting a SHTF rifle.

The only imports worth a damn anymore are arsenal, and they are hard to find.
bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 08-30-2020, 08:49 AM   #3328
MVP

Quote:
When I say "zombies" I really don't actually mean zombies....

Really!?!? You mean zombies aren't real?? .......but....but....the Walking Dead......
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-30-2020, 09:03 AM   #3329
MVP

Quote:
Just when I feared I might know what the **** I’m doing.
Thanks man.

Well, again, it comes down to what you are looking for and are comfortable with. I can't get out of my own way when it comes to guns. Ever time I see a "sale" (what a bunch of BS) I am tempted more than usual..

Here's the way I look at things, though..After spending many, MANY years in the military, I tend to have one rule when it comes to buying - I call it the "What if" scenario. In other words, which of my weapons could I rely on (especially ammo) if the SHTF...that is the only reason I bought a AR10. I rely on guns that are already set for NATO ammo.

In other words, I have a Remington 700 (and love it) and a Mauser 7mm (Which I will never part with). I don't do a lot of hunting any longer (just deer for the winter) so they tend to sit around. When I'm in my home in Wyoming I will take them along for long distance shooting to keep these old-assed eyes from hampering me.

Other than that, my weapons are "military definable". AR15, AR10, 9mm, .45 - and so on..the .45 being mainly just for "old times sake". But the most important thing that (for me) is a must have is ammo. Don't EVER let anyone call you crazy, or a nutter or whatever...there is NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH AMMO.

I know too many guys who have 15-25 weapons but don't keep much ammo around....that (to me) is just short-sighted. We are seeing today the problem - with this BS COVID-19 crap. Can't hardly find ANY ammo ANYWHERE.....lesson learned (I hope)
Old 08-30-2020, 09:30 AM   #3330
Live free or die hard

I prefer the AK platform for many reasons, it just feels snugly in my hands.

It's like a big boned, wide hipped, foul mouthed, vodka drinking, hababushka wearing woman that can throw me over her shoulder in a drunken stupor, take me home and give birth on the way there.

It's well known I have eastern european blood circulating so I may be bias.
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.