Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2

Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?

Last edited by Bearcat; 07-28-2015 at 05:52 PM..
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-10-2020, 02:31 PM   #2716
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randallflagg View Post
As I grew "older" my sight began to slip away - from a kid to an old man. I have a 12X Leupold and 2 Nikon Prostaffs on my rifles. Pistols? they are for CQB anyway - 5-15 yards and not much more.

Funny thing, though. I have always been much better with a pistol than a rifle.
Yeah, that's certainly the case now.

As for the rifle, I may ditch the MRO and go back to an ACOG. That should help a lot.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-11-2020, 07:53 PM   #2717
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Yeah, that's certainly the case now.

As for the rifle, I may ditch the MRO and go back to an ACOG. That should help a lot.

The ACOG is a damned fine system....albeit a tad expensive.
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2020, 11:27 AM   #2718
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
The ACOG is a damned fine system....albeit a tad expensive.
Prolly better than my BSA...
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2020, 11:44 AM   #2719
Admitted Planet Junky

My newest one.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 05-12-2020, 12:44 PM   #2720
Live free or die hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
My newest one.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Nice!

I've always wanted to look into those types of sights.

How do they work with your holster?
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2020, 01:02 PM   #2721
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
Nice!

Usually you have to buy a holster specifically designed for that type of sight.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2020, 06:17 PM   #2722
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
Nice!

Had to get a holster designed for an optic. It was just another expense really.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 05-12-2020, 06:19 PM   #2723
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Usually you have to buy a holster specifically designed for that type of sight.
Yep exactly. So not only do you pay an extra $250ish for the sight then I had to pay another $75 for a holster that works with the Optic.
Old 05-12-2020, 06:22 PM   #2724
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
I've been getting mine mostly from SGAmmo.com for a couple years now. Had pretty good prices, never had any issues. Prices are higher now though, because 'corona." Stay away from CHEAPERTHANDIRT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
I usually use SGammo, but I just found that TrueShot had .223 and Natchez had 9mm in stock, so I used them last time.
Thanks guys they were the only ones with any 9mm ammo. My box of Winchester 9mm Nato rounds came in today.
I also purchased some Pro For Sho 34db earmuffs for myself and the grandson that also arrived today.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 07:05 PM   #2725
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
Thanks guys they were the only ones with any 9mm ammo. My box of Winchester 9mm Nato rounds came in today.

I also purchased some Pro For Sho 34db earmuffs for myself and the grandson that also arrived today.
Glad I could help.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-13-2020, 02:59 PM   #2726
Ultrabanned

Wanted something to keep in the house/possibly CC at some point that my wife would be comfortable with too. Went to Scheel's down in OP yesterday and got this guy. Gonna go up to her dad's sometime soon and cycle some rounds through it. Went in looking at their Shield 2.0 and a couple other 9mm; but this one seemed very simple to operate, hence the EZ and price matched it at $370 so that was nice.

https://www.gunsandammo.com/editoria...-review/373005

Last edited by Pablo; 05-13-2020 at 03:11 PM..
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-13-2020, 03:08 PM   #2727
MVP

For any of you 1911 lovers out there (like me ) and want to have a light but no rails - give this a try:

https://www.recovertactical.com/product-category/1911/

I bought one for my 1911 and it works like a dream, easy to install and they also sell a holster for the light attached to the pistol.

Last edited by Randallflagg; 05-13-2020 at 04:01 PM..
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-13-2020, 03:23 PM   #2728
pie is never free

What can you guys tell me about HR brand shotguns?

Been looking to add one as a home defense weapon and occasional bird gun, I know bird guns are different, but just want one to take when my bird crazy buddy asks me to go with him

Looked at a 12 gauge pump model with a field length barrel for $250, which is super affordable... would I be better off getting a Remington in the same gauge for $379?
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-13-2020, 04:02 PM   #2729
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
What can you guys tell me about HR brand shotguns?

Been looking to add one as a home defense weapon and occasional bird gun, I know bird guns are different, but just want one to take when my bird crazy buddy asks me to go with him

Looked at a 12 gauge pump model with a field length barrel for $250, which is super affordable... would I be better off getting a Remington in the same gauge for $379?
Honestly, I wasn't that familiar with them, but I looked them up and, it seems that for the money, they would serve you well. Only one way to find out.....buy it and shoot some birds!

For me, though, I would probably prefer the Remington - for the name and reputation alone.
Old 05-13-2020, 04:21 PM   #2730
pie is never free

Quote:
Honestly, I wasn't that familiar with them, but I looked them up and, it seems that for the money, they would serve you well. Only one way to find out.....buy it and shoot some birds!

For me, though, I would probably prefer the Remington - for the name and reputation alone.
Yeah there’s usually a lot of truth to the old “get what you pay for” saying, but it’s not like I’d use it a lot... other than occasional target practice I’d only use it 3-4 times a year tromping through the fields with my bud during bird season

What I REALLY want is the $800 AK47 this place has, but just can’t justify the expense lol
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.