Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2

Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?

Last edited by Bearcat; 07-28-2015 at 05:52 PM..
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-03-2020, 06:33 PM   #2536
Veteran

another question since all big box stores are sold out...can you buy ammo online and have it shipped to your home address or does it have to be shipped to a FFL dealer?
ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 04-03-2020, 06:37 PM   #2537
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljmhawk View Post
another question since all big box stores are sold out...can you buy ammo online and have it shipped to your home address or does it have to be shipped to a FFL dealer?

You can have it shipped directly. No need for a FFL dealer. There are several online ammo companies and we all have our favorites.

A couple of mine

www.ammoman.com

www.sportsmansguide.com

www.palmettostatearmory.com

The problem you'll have right now is the American people are buying it up as soon as it becomes available...you will just have to keep checking. Good Luck!
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-03-2020, 08:31 PM   #2538
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randallflagg View Post
You can have it shipped directly. No need for a FFL dealer. There are several online ammo companies and we all have our favorites.

A couple of mine

www.ammoman.com

www.sportsmansguide.com

www.palmettostatearmory.com

The problem you'll have right now is the American people are buying it up as soon as it becomes available...you will just have to keep checking. Good Luck!
thanks! yeah i know people are buying like crazy right now. ill check out your recommendations
ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 04-03-2020, 09:17 PM   #2539
Supporter

Ammoseek.com

You put in what you are looking for and it will bring up a bunch of different websites that have them. Then you can find the cheapest deals.
Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-04-2020, 02:04 AM   #2540
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by D2112 View Post
That’s what somebody asked me about my glock 30. A friend asked how does it feel in your hand? I’m like mine is fine, but I don’t know how it would fit in your hand.

I’m going to rent a glock 20 10mm (expensive ammo lol) from a place called heritage guild in pa and try it out. If I like it I’m adding that to my collection. Bwana has one and he told me he loves it.
IIRC Raiderhader is a big fan of the 10mm as well.

I have one .40 cal (Glock 22) that I use as my nightstand gun. It basically has one job, and I rarely shoot it. Everything else is either 9mm or .45 ACP. I like to stick with the most commonly available ammo types.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-04-2020, 05:20 AM   #2541
Reset

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljmhawk View Post
https://www.outdoorlimited.com/

That’s where I get mine. But I live in a ****ed up state. So they have my firearms purchase ID on file and it gets delivered right to my house.

Last edited by 2112; 04-04-2020 at 05:25 AM..
2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-04-2020, 05:23 AM   #2542
Reset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post

I have one .40 cal (Glock 22) that I use as my nightstand gun. It basically has one job, and I rarely shoot it. Everything else is either 9mm or .45 ACP. I like to stick with the most commonly available ammo types.
That’s what the standard police issue is here, Glock 22. What did you shoot the fridge with?

Last edited by 2112; 04-04-2020 at 05:44 AM..
2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-04-2020, 06:07 AM   #2543
**** the Raiders

Quote:
That’s what somebody asked me about my glock 30. A friend asked how does it feel in your hand? I’m like mine is fine, but I don’t know how it would fit in your hand.

I’m going to rent a glock 20 10mm (expensive ammo lol) from a place called heritage guild in pa and try it out. If I like it I’m adding that to my collection. Bwana has one and he told me he loves it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post

It’s more like a minor obsession at this point.

Some advice for when you rent the 10: if you really want to understand what the fuss is all about you have to make sure you shoot the right loads. A lot, if not most, of the ammo makers load their 10mm down to its reeruned .40 child’s levels. The .40 is the direct result of the limp wristed accountants at the FBI not being able to handle the stout 10. So if you aren’t careful you will just be shooting a .40, and if you wanted to do that then a .40 is what you would rent.

My two go to rounds for 10 range ammo are Underwoods Range Supply, which is currently sold out on their site but, for future reference (or if you come across it some place else) - https://www.underwoodammo.com/collec...18785696546873

And the Sig Elite Performance fmj. https://grabagun.com/sig-sauer-sauer...80grn-fmj.html

Both of these have significant pop to give you a proper feel for what the 10mm is all about. And that is my recommendation, if you are really interested in the 10 make sure you get the appropriate feel of it.
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 06:23 AM   #2544
Reset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderhader View Post

Some advice for when you rent the 10: if you really want to understand what the fuss is all about you have to make sure you shoot the right loads. A lot, if not most, of the ammo makers load their 10mm down to its reeruned .40 child’s levels. The .40 is the direct result of the limp wristed accountants at the FBI not being able to handle the stout 10. So if you aren’t careful you will just be shooting a .40, and if you wanted to do that then a .40 is what you would rent.

My two go to rounds for 10 range ammo are Underwoods Range Supply, which is currently sold out on their site but, for future reference (or if you come across it some place else) - https://www.underwoodammo.com/collec...18785696546873

And the Sig Elite Performance fmj. https://grabagun.com/sig-sauer-sauer...80grn-fmj.html

Both of these have significant pop to give you a proper feel for what the 10mm is all about. And that is my recommendation, if you are really interested in the 10 make sure you get the appropriate feel of it.
Interesting. using 40 is like using 38 specials in a 357 magnum. Thanks for the info. 180 grain lol
Old 04-04-2020, 07:47 AM   #2545
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderhader View Post

FYI

http://www.selwayarmory.com/catalogs.../?cat=0&q=10mm
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-04-2020, 07:53 AM   #2546
Supporter

The weather needs to calm the **** down so we can enjoy this little span where it's nice enough to enjoy some long range shooting without the bugs swarming upon us.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-04-2020, 10:30 AM   #2547
Reset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Holy shit 200 grain and cheap
Old 04-04-2020, 11:06 AM   #2548
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
That’s what the standard police issue is here, Glock 22. What did you shoot the fridge with?
A .38. Dick.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-04-2020, 11:10 AM   #2549
sorta mod-ish

Anyone have a reliable site to go to for accessories? I'm looking to get spare mags for a full sized Berretta PX4Storm, but I can't find any anywhere.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-04-2020, 11:13 AM   #2550
Reset

Just a question. What are the handgun magazine limits out there in the pigsknuckles of the country? In my miserable state it is a felony to have anything over a 10 round magazine.