Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2

Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?

Last edited by Bearcat; 07-28-2015 at 05:52 PM..
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-02-2020, 11:02 PM   #2521
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
I came really close to getting the CZ P10 C, but based on the recommendation of my gunsmith, who is also a master-level competitive shooter, I got the Glock 19 instead. But it's a very good gun. CZs are my personal favorite when it comes to pistols. My daily carry gun is a tricked-out CZ 75 D Compact, but it costs a few hundred more than he wants to spend.
The CZ 75D is a great gun. Love everything about it, except that DA pull. But you can get a decent smith to fix that, so not a big deal. I decided a few years ago that I wanted all of my triggers in my semi-autos to be either striker or SA, so I went away from DA/SAs completely. I have a couple in the safe, but I don't buy them anymore. Though if I were going to buy just one more DA/SA, it'd probably be a CZ 75D.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-02-2020, 11:05 PM   #2522
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
The CZ 75D is a great gun. Love everything about it, except that DA pull. But you can get a decent smith to fix that, so not a big deal. I decided a few years ago that I wanted all of my triggers in my semi-autos to be either striker or SA, so I went away from DA/SAs completely. I have a couple in the safe, but I don't buy them anymore. Though if I were going to buy just one more DA/SA, it'd probably be a CZ 75D.
This is my baby:

It's got a competition trigger and hammer, plus I've had some additional work done to it, including adding Trijicon night sights. The DA pull feels about the same as most polymer pistols, and the SA pull is next to nothing.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 11:07 PM   #2523
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljmhawk View Post
i’m in Lawrence
Outstanding - just a few miles down the road. I would seriously recommend you head there (or give them a call) and give them a look see....I'll think you'll be pleased.
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-02-2020, 11:08 PM   #2524
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
This is my baby:

It's got a competition trigger and hammer, plus I've had some additional work done to it, including adding Trijicon night sights. The DA pull feels about the same as most polymer pistols, and the SA pull is next to nothing.
God Damn, that's a pretty piece. Nicely done.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-02-2020, 11:12 PM   #2525
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
God Damn, that's a pretty piece. Nicely done.
Thanks. That is far and away my favorite gun. It's a little heavy as carry guns go, but I'm used to it.

I also have a Shadow, which is my most expensive and highest quality pistol, but I don't shoot it very often and obviously don't carry it.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-02-2020, 11:17 PM   #2526
Suupraa Geniuuusss

I deleted most of my gun pics from my FB account, so the only gun pic I have available right now is this one:

A buddy of mine made the grip scales for me a couple years ago when I was in my Sparta kick.

Only other mod was a Wilson Combat match-grade barrel and bushing.
Old 04-02-2020, 11:23 PM   #2527
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
I deleted most of my gun pics from my FB account, so the only gun pic I have available right now is this one:

A buddy of mine made the grip scales for me a couple years ago when I was in my Sparta kick.

Only other mod was a Wilson Combat match-grade barrel and bushing.
Nice.

This is my full sized 1911. Sig STX. Didn't really do anything to it except switching out the grip.

Old 04-02-2020, 11:28 PM   #2528
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Nice.

This is my full sized 1911. Sig STX. Didn't really do anything to it except switching out the grip.

Very nice. My prettiest 1911 is a S&W 1911 SC-E. I'll have to take another pic of it and post it. I switched the grip scales to a Brazilian rosewood most recently. Thinking about switching them again for a curly tiger or something.

I still carry it sometimes, but it'd kill me if I had to hand it over to the cops, so it's becoming a range queen only.
Old 04-02-2020, 11:29 PM   #2529
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Basically looks like this:

Old 04-02-2020, 11:32 PM   #2530
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Basically looks like this:

Oh that's pretty. I love the bobtail grip.
Old 04-02-2020, 11:34 PM   #2531
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Oh that's pretty. I love the bobtail grip.
Yeah, once I shot the thing, I realized I was ****ed because now I want all my 1911s to have that bobtail. Feels so right in the hand.
Old 04-03-2020, 05:22 AM   #2532
Live free or die hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randallflagg View Post
You didn't mention where in Kansas you live, however, if you are near the Olathe area, there is a range https://www.centerfiress.com That is (probably) the nicest range I have ever been on in 65+ years of shooting.

They offer gun rentals - which would give you a good idea of which weapon might or might not work for you.

I have tried Glocks many, many times and they are excellent firearms - but they never did it for me. I'm a Sig Sauer and Springfield Armory guy. Point being, everyone on this forum can offer suggestions about their particular likes and dislikes, however, only YOU can decide what is right for you.

Good luck with your search!!
That's the same way I feel about Glocks. Glocks and Corvettes.
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-03-2020, 05:26 AM   #2533
Reset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
That's the same way I feel about Glocks. Glocks and Corvettes.
I like Glocks because they’re so easy to field strip and clean. You got the rail the barrel and a spring, that’s it. And I’m lazy when it comes to that shit lol
2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-03-2020, 05:34 AM   #2534
Reset

Quote:
You don't buy a gun based on how it looks or doesn't look. That means absolutely dick when you're shooting it. Reliability, accuracy, ease of maintenance, finding parts, ammo and accessories, how it fits in your hand; those are what you base your choice on.

If your price range is $500 you have a ton of options. All the models I listed are in that price range.
That’s what somebody asked me about my glock 30. A friend asked how does it feel in your hand? I’m like mine is fine, but I don’t know how it would fit in your hand.

I’m going to rent a glock 20 10mm (expensive ammo lol) from a place called heritage guild in pa and try it out. If I like it I’m adding that to my collection. Bwana has one and he told me he loves it.
2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-03-2020, 06:42 AM   #2535
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljmhawk View Post
been wanting to buy my first gun for a couple years now yet haven’t pulled the trigger.(stupid pun) anyway....what do you guys suggest?

1. no revolver
2.want a 9mm
3.wont conceal carry so don’t need a compact
4.mostly want it to just shoot at a range, and for home defense and carry it in car.
5.dont want to break the bank...remember it’ll be my first gun.

let’s hear your suggestions! TIA
https://www.gungaragefirearms.com/

We finally got a decent indoor range and store here in Topeka. Nice staff and they have several rental guns you can try before you buy.
Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.