Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-21-2021, 06:06 PM  
Would an idiot do that?

**** Official 2021-2022 NHL Thread ****

Last edited by Bearcat; 07-01-2022 at 10:34 AM..
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-24-2022, 08:46 AM   #691
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

I always just assumed he was Canadian. He sure sounds like it. And anytime Maple Leaf fans have an unhealthy fascination with a mouth-breathing grinder, you can typically assume that person is Canadian and be right 90% of the time.

Can I still think he's a ****stick? Because he's a ****stick.

Pretty incredible that a dude with so little skill that he couldn't manage to avoid plowing into a goalie managed to score 3 goals, though. Makes sense I guess. Ryan Reeves and Tony Twist were always putting up post-season hattys.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-24-2022, 08:51 AM   #692
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I always just assumed he was Canadian. He sure sounds like it. And anytime Maple Leaf fans have an unhealthy fascination with a mouth-breathing grinder, you can typically assume that person is Canadian and be right 90% of the time.

Pretty incredible that a dude with so little skill that he couldn't manage to avoid plowing into a goalie managed to score 3 goals, though. Makes sense I guess. Ryan Reeves and Tony Twist were always putting up post-season hattys.
Loved Twist! Twist and Chase.
JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-24-2022, 09:04 AM   #693
MVP

I could watch shit like this all day. Twist and Probert had some epic wars.

Last edited by JohnnyHammersticks; 05-24-2022 at 09:14 AM..
JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-24-2022, 09:15 AM   #694
Damnit Peg

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 View Post
Saw it. A bunch of high school and college kids. Literally ONE lives within 3 hours of STL - and he's like 14 years old. But let's keep blaming the entire STL fanbase.

Mom and Dad gonna be surprised when Johnny Law shows up at their door.
No one is blaming the entire Blues fanbase.
Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 05-24-2022, 09:17 AM   #695
Kind of a mod

Quote:

Yeah, he was born in Canada (of Lebanese descent).

And yes, you can think he's a ****stick. I'm kind of leaning into the rivalry at this point - it makes the sport more interesting. I still think Blues fans are largely being irrational about THIS year, but it's obvious it's as much about last year even if this year's incident triggered it.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-24-2022, 09:21 AM   #696
MVP

Last one. You know you're a badass when you can fill a 2-hour video with just your fights

Old 05-24-2022, 09:56 AM   #697
Kind of a mod

I kind of feel like Nostradamus from last night. Not sure I'll ever be so consistent at predicting outcomes again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks View Post
Wonder if they'll boo Kadri
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
If it works like Avs fans booing Duchene, bring it on.
(Yep, worked pretty much the same. Better even.)

Quote:
Despite the goal, you have to feel good about the Avs pressure so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams Fan View Post
If that means Toews will continue having brutal turnovers in the Avs dzone, I'm all for it.
Quote:
Just feels a lot like game 1 to me. We'll see if Husso can keep it up like Bennington.
(He could not.)

Quote:
Well, that was dumb, but hope it was worth it.
(It cost them a goal.)

Quote:

Kadri's gonna get a hat trick.
(Yep.)
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-24-2022, 10:01 AM   #698
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks View Post
Last one. You know you're a badass when you can fill a 2-hour video with just your fights

Why are hockey fights now blocked on Youtube? Violence? You gotta be kidding.

BTW, Twist actually didn't have many fights compared to other enforcers. He never hit 200 PIM in a season. He didn't play many games though.
Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.
Old 05-24-2022, 12:36 PM   #699
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
No one is blaming the entire Blues fanbase.
Tell me you don't spend time on social media without telling me you don't spend time on social media.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-24-2022, 12:53 PM   #700

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudasRising20 View Post
Why are hockey fights now blocked on Youtube? Violence? You gotta be kidding.

BTW, Twist actually didn't have many fights compared to other enforcers. He never hit 200 PIM in a season. He didn't play many games though.
Even as enforcers go, Twist was pretty unplayable.

But if you had a game you knew you'd need some muscle in, he was handy to have around.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-24-2022, 02:12 PM   #701
The Insider

Deadspin + Blackhawks fan = true trash piece
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-24-2022, 02:16 PM   #702

yeah, like I'm giving Deadspin a click.

**** those guys.
Old 05-24-2022, 02:37 PM   #703
Kind of a mod

For what it's worth, here's what Bednar had to say about it. Someone asked him if Berube should have said something. He said no and explained:

Quote:
“Here’s why," Bednar said. "I’m sitting here in front of the mic, and lots of times I get asked all kinds of questions people want a response to. It’s not my obligation, or Berube’s obligation, to have a comment about every question outside of hockey people want to ask us. It’s not our players’ obligation either, you know? But if you say no comment, you get a bad reputation. We are here to coach hockey. Yeah, we talk about life and talk about all of the things. We are certainly supporting (Kadri). They’re trying to win a playoff series. So are we. If you asked him off the record sometime, he would probably say, yes, he didn’t like the comments. But I don’t think you are obligated to comment on everything because people want your opinion on it. You can ask. It doesn’t mean I have to answer. Same thing with him. If you want to take the opportunity to speak your mind, and give your feelings on it and opinions on it, great. But if you don’t, then it’s no comment. But people always turn the no comment into that you don’t care or that you’re not empathetic. I don’t think that’s true."
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 02:40 PM   #704
MVP

Quote:
yeah, like I'm giving Deadspin a click.

**** those guys.
It's interesting to me how THIS is the incident that everyone starts paying attention.

Not last year, when Avs fans said some vile shit to Ryan Reaves during/after their playoff matchup.

I don't recall anyone expecting the Avs organization to make a statement denouncing those comments.

I'm actually having a hard time thinking of any instance of a team being pressured to comment on the actions of a private citizen, though there probably have been.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-24-2022, 02:41 PM   #705
Kind of a mod

I think (hope) that some of the Kadri stuff will simmer down in the next game. For the Blues, they're gonna have to be more focused if they want to keep the series alive. For the Avs, they're just ready to be done so they can take a few days off. And for the media, is there really much more that can be said?

I'm definitely ready to stop talking about Kadri and start focusing on the actual game.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote