Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-07-2013, 11:41 AM  
Resident Glue Sniffer

The Motorcycle Discussion Thread

I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75

Last edited by Dayze; 10-29-2016 at 09:02 PM..
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:13 AM   #1096
Resident Glue Sniffer

absolutely; sounds good to me..

we did do an awesome impromptu route when we were down there; on the East side of Branson; headed East on F hightway to 160, over Bull Shoals lake (including a Ferry ride ), then back West on 14. VERY fun roads. we were hoping to get some more riding in, but got caught in the rain about 130 miles from Branson and didn't want to risk getting caught again.
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:14 AM   #1097
Resident Glue Sniffer

oh, and Dayze ran out of gas again at 86 miles on the tank . Thought there would be something north of Branson but there aint shit between there and Springfield. THANK GOD it started sputtering just as I was hitting an off-ramp (hoping I would even make it that far); and there was a gas station down hill to the right of the ramp. which I coasted all the way to the pump lol.

I gotta get a Street Glide lol
Old 06-23-2014, 08:18 AM   #1098
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayze View Post
oh, and Dayze ran out of gas again at 86 miles on the tank . Thought there would be something north of Branson but there aint shit between there and Springfield. THANK GOD it started sputtering just as I was hitting an off-ramp (hoping I would even make it that far); and there was a gas station down hill to the right of the ramp. which I coasted all the way to the pump lol.

I gotta get a Street Glide lol
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:22 AM   #1099
Resident Glue Sniffer

bike is a BLAST bombing around town. Long trips....not so much. In addition to feeling like I got the shit beat out of me yesterday and today, the gas stops get old quick on longer rides.

Wife said I could get a Street Glide, or something of the like, but I would have to get rid of the 72. Uhhgggg....decisions.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:55 AM   #1100
Wish I had something clever...

Quote:
bike is a BLAST bombing around town. Long trips....not so much. In addition to feeling like I got the shit beat out of me yesterday and today, the gas stops get old quick on longer rides.

Wife said I could get a Street Glide, or something of the like, but I would have to get rid of the 72. Uhhgggg....decisions.
For me, it comes down to which do I do more. If 75%-80% of my riding is just bombing around town, I'd keep the 72, but if you are going to be doing a lot more longer rides I'd have to consider getting a new one pretty hard.
seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:58 AM   #1101
Resident Glue Sniffer

yeah; that's exactly what I'm evaluating now.

we'll see how the rest of the summer goes in terms of any longer rides. I know in September we're going dow to Fayetteville for a rally. but other than that, I can't think of any othey 'planned' long rides; short of some last minute ones etc.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:00 AM   #1102
Supporter

Quote:

I say go for the Street Glide..you will fall in love with it and think it was the best decision ever..you will always miss your old bike..you know you want to because you talk about getting a Street Glide quite often
Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:02 AM   #1103
Resident Glue Sniffer

lol. i know. I've yet to test ride one because i know as soon as I do, I'll REALLY want one. i'm trying to fight that urge as long as possible.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:05 AM   #1104
Wish I had something clever...

Quote:
yeah; that's exactly what I'm evaluating now.

we'll see how the rest of the summer goes in terms of any longer rides. I know in September we're going dow to Fayetteville for a rally. but other than that, I can't think of any othey 'planned' long rides; short of some last minute ones etc.
When you get ready for that Fayetteville ride, let me know. I've got some pretty good rides to Fayetteville too.

It's only about 1-1/2 hours from me. There are some nice rides thru the Boston Mountains just south of Fayetteville.
seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:10 AM   #1105
Resident Glue Sniffer

yeah; that's the one I'm REALLY looking forward too. We're thinking of also trying to get to Harrison AR before the end of the season. Not sure if that one will happen since my brother's wife has turned into an alcoholic and is always out drinking before he gets home so he ends up watching the kids all weekend.

Needless to say, he LOVED getting outu of town for a few days lol
Old 06-23-2014, 01:09 PM   #1106
Resident Glue Sniffer

Here's a pic of us waiting for the ferry at Bull Shoals lake (I think that's the name of it). was pretty warm. while waiting, I pretty much dunked my head in the lake. then on th other side, I took off my shirt, tossed it in, the put it on to cool down during the ride.
Got rained on about 10 miles after that lol

Old 06-23-2014, 10:35 PM
Dayze
This message has been deleted by Dayze. Reason: I'm gonna get the papers, get the papers.
Old 06-23-2014, 10:35 PM   #1107
Resident Glue Sniffer

Sporty was/is great. dragged pegs on the feelers in damn near every corner on those roads. closest thing to a sport bike from HD not named Buell.
Kept that ****er in 3rd/4th nearly the entire time. torque rulz.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:00 PM   #1108
Ride on!

Dayze is making me want to take off for the weekend... Was that Peel's ferry down on the MO/AR border?

I just got a GoPro and can't wait to document some longer road trips. Here was my test ride with it through lake Jacomo:

kcfanXIII Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kcfanXIII Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kcfanXIII Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kcfanXIII Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kcfanXIII Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kcfanXIII Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kcfanXIII Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kcfanXIII Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kcfanXIII Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kcfanXIII Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kcfanXIII Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:17 PM   #1109
Resident Glue Sniffer

Yep; Peel Ferry indeed.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:21 PM   #1110
Ride on!

How would you rate that ride? talking about the north bound stretch that takes you towards Springfield.
kcfanXIII Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kcfanXIII Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kcfanXIII Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kcfanXIII Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kcfanXIII Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kcfanXIII Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kcfanXIII Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kcfanXIII Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kcfanXIII Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kcfanXIII Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kcfanXIII Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.