Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-15-2024, 07:30 AM  
Has a particular set of skills

I'm retiring due to health reasons. AMA

I have short term memory loss. The doctors can’t seem to find the root cause. This isn’t some forgetfulness, it’s serious. They tell me I have about 10 years before I will lose all short-term memory. I will retain all long-term memories. So that post you make about me in 2006 is still going to be up there in my noggin.

I have previously shared this diagnosis with the mods. I asked them to keep this information confined to the mod lounge. Which they did and I appreciated their consideration. They encouraged me to share this information with the rest of the Planet. It’s time to come clean.

I also have CLL (Chronic Lymphatic Leukemia). Its only put me in the hospital once and it usually does not kill people these days.

Would not be a BRC post without bragging so…. Last 10 years of my career, I architected, designed, and implemented the first cloud at Bank of America, the largest private cloud in the world for the military and for IBM, the world’s largest serverless IT infrastructure services provider with thousands of enterprise customers, thousands of applications in more than 60 countries.

You cannot do that kind of work without a functioning short-term memory, so I have no choice but to retire.

I’m 65. I’m being forced to retire a little early but only losing a couple of years anyway. I’ll have a comfortable retirement alongside my wife of 34 years.

AMA
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2024, 12:40 PM   #91
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Yeah, its not like this shit hit me at 40. So at least it waited till I was close to retirement anyway. I've been reading about retirement advice lately. Says you need $1 million in cash on hand. I ain't got that kind of cash but I'll not be eating cat food anytime soon either.
Just in case, though, it's worth the extra money to buy the high-end cat food.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2024, 01:01 PM   #92
MVP

Who won the Super Bowl last year?
Who won the Super Bowl this year?
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-15-2024, 01:08 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow View Post
Sucks that you are being forced into it, but I hope you enjoy retirement. Now is the time to enjoy all those things you worked hard for. Good luck to you!
Thanks man
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2024, 01:14 PM   #94
Beloved & Awesome CP Celebrity

Sorry to hear, BRC. The best to you, your wife, and your son. Hope to run into you again one of these days.
DaKCMan AP has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 01:15 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Just in case, though, it's worth the extra money to buy the high-end cat food.
Thinking ahead.
Old 04-15-2024, 01:21 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP View Post
Sorry to hear, BRC. The best to you, your wife, and your son. Hope to run into you again one of these days.
I've got someone to take over the original chapter that can handle 300 on game days. Set up a leadership crew to run things at the national level. Looks like AK/AS will go on past my involvement.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 01:36 PM   #97
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Thanks man
If you ever need to sell your water front property on the cheap, let me know.
Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2024, 01:37 PM   #98
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
Luckily we have Patrick Mahomes winning us a SB every year so we don't have to keep remembering shit
You can eventually enjoy the feeling of KC winning he SB over and over and over.

You might want to watch "Momento" and consider getting a few tatoos like Rashee Rice...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2024, 01:42 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow View Post
If you ever need to sell your water front property on the cheap, let me know.
The way house prices have skyrocketed in this market, I couldn't even buy my own house these days. Luckily I bought at the bottom of the market and got a 2.5% interest rate.
Old 04-15-2024, 01:47 PM   #100
best in the biz

Sorry, brother.

Enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Start documenting, not only for you, but for your family, too.
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2024, 01:54 PM   #101
Most Valuable Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
Is the butt in your avi yours?
No, it's a photoshop job by me, years ago... that BRC stole. LOL.

Get better BRC.
teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2024, 01:59 PM   #102
Veteran

Quote:
No, the wife's back in the day.
Well, you've got that going for ya.

Good luck to you. In all honesty
KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.
Old 04-15-2024, 02:15 PM   #103
On Hiatus

Quote:
I grew up dirt poor in Springfield Missouri. I quit school the day I turned 16. Only have a GED. That's it. I do have 96 college credits but never bothered with getting a degree.
I think I figured out why you and I got along so well....besides living in FL and being Chiefs fans.

I grew up really, really dirt poor. I aspired making it to dirt poor. For those of you who know the KC area well I grew up in Mosby Mo....a town that no longer officially exists.

I did graduate HS....and like you have a number of college credits that got me close to my degree but I was too busy with my career to complete it...and honestly in my profession I needed experience more than college.

The difference we have is that I have never had all the government experience you had....probably because I was more Billy Carter than Jimmy Carter.
Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.
Old 04-15-2024, 02:17 PM   #104
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
I think I figured out why you and I got along so well....besides living in FL and being Chiefs fans.

I grew up really, really dirt poor. I aspired making it to dirt poor. For those of you who know the KC area well I grew up in Mosby Mo....a town that no longer officially exists.

I did graduate HS....and like you have a number of college credits that got me close to my degree but I was too busy with my career to complete it...and honestly in my profession I needed experience more than college.

The difference we have is that I have never had all the government experience you had....probably because I was more Billy Carter than Jimmy Carter.
That sounds familiar...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 02:27 PM   #105
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I'm trying to figure out if we have an epidemic or if short-term memory issues are common at a certain age but I've never been in the peer group to hear about it. But it seems like a lot of my peers in their 60s talk about having short-term memory issues (diagnosed or undiagnosed).
Some memory loss occurs in us all....differing issues will cause a person to lose some of your mental faculties. After my heart attack part of my post malady therapy was related to ensuring my memory capabilities. The therapist gave it a name....but I can't recall what she labeled it (and I mean that seriously)
Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.