Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-04-2024, 04:25 PM  
The Guy With The Goats

People who know about suspension on cars... I'd love some advice

I own a neat car. It is a 2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP (tuned to 305HP). I love the car and other than the fact that the 15 year old suspension just gave up the ghost... the car is in great shape. The only problem with it is that original parts are hard to come by.

Bilstein originally made the coilover suspension for the GXP which are rated at F3. They no longer make them though. So I head over to Rock Auto and I see that AC Delco has taken the mantle but the issue I have here is that Rock Auto lists the same coilovers (AC Delco 503-706/7) for both the GXP and the Base model.

I head over to AC Delco's website and can't find a ****ing thing about them when I search the model number. After several hours of digging I came across an old post stating that the 503-706/7 shocks from AC Delco are F2 rated.

So... no one makes the stock suspension for this car anymore. ****ing yay.

My options are as follows:

Buy the AC Delco shocks that are f2 rated because those are still gonna provide a better ride than what I am getting now with my leaky f3 rated ones. - Cost $350 + install

OR

Go 3rd party with it and snag these Coilovers at $1235 plus install

CONVERSELY

If you are aware of another coilover manufacturer you are familiar with that makes quality products I'll gladly go check them out and see if they have anything available for me.

ALSO

Once the shocks are replaced I'm going to keep the old ones and send them to Biltein because though they don't make new ones... they will absolutely rebuild the old ones. I'll have a backup set for when the next set goes out.

---

The car is daily driven and will be doing autocross. I also, though, live on a dirt road so I don't care about lowering the car any more than it already is. I need them for go... not show.

TIA
Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-04-2024, 04:30 PM   #2
El Gato Gordo Loco Anaranjado

Buy a new car.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2024, 04:41 PM   #3
The Guy With The Goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Buy a new car.
Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-04-2024, 04:43 PM   #4
El Gato Gordo Loco Anaranjado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx View Post
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-04-2024, 05:09 PM   #5
Veteran

If you break the vacuum, the suspension is 4 games
Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 8 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2024, 05:42 PM   #6
Baba Ganoush

This thread is really taking off
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-04-2024, 05:44 PM   #7
The Guy With The Goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post
This thread is really taking off
Right? Perhaps I need to take the car down to Dallas then just ****ing sending it while on the highway.
Old 07-04-2024, 05:48 PM   #8
MVP

Just ride your goat.
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-04-2024, 05:52 PM   #9
The Guy With The Goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut View Post
Just ride your goat.
I don't hail from the Appalachians.
Old 07-04-2024, 06:08 PM   #10
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

The greater the cushion, the better the pushin. Uh huh
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-04-2024, 06:28 PM   #11
Supporter

Flip dem’ switches, Janx.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-04-2024, 06:39 PM   #12
Mod Team

Any reason you aren't flipping this for a Pontiac Aztek?
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-04-2024, 06:41 PM   #13
The Guy With The Goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Any reason you aren't flipping this for a Pontiac Aztek?
The Aztek just won't do as well as the Solstice around a track.
Old 07-04-2024, 06:44 PM   #14
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx View Post
The Aztek just won't do as well as the Solstice around a track.
Yeah but you won't be messed with if you end up in Albuquerque.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-04-2024, 06:51 PM   #15
The Guy With The Goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Yeah but you won't be messed with if you end up in Albuquerque.
Funny enough... I bought the car in Roswell and drove it back.