Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-03-2022, 06:57 PM  
sorta mod-ish

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Maybe it's overkill having a thread for this, but meh.

Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2022, 04:53 PM   #91
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
And oh yeah, I was genuinely surprised that

Spoiler!
They've done a tremendous job with everything thus far. I'm curious to see where it goes from here.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 05:57 PM   #92
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
And oh yeah, I was genuinely surprised that

Spoiler!
I was concerned because...

Spoiler!
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2022, 05:58 PM   #93
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider View Post
Did you notice Captain Angel's Adam's Apple?
Pike gave it away at the end by referring to Angel as 'them' if you hadn't noticed it by then.
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2022, 06:07 AM   #94
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post

Spoiler!
Possibly. Though it really only stays on the one uniting theme of the season, Spock and his personal life.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 06-18-2022, 07:48 AM   #95
Immanentize The Eschaton

For those of you who might remember, is Stonn the Vulcan that Spock has to eventually challenge for the hand of T'Pring?
Old 06-18-2022, 07:51 AM   #96
Immanentize The Eschaton

Found it. It's Stonn:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0708416/

Also, original T'Pring was pretty hot.
Old 06-18-2022, 09:20 AM   #97
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Found it. It's Stonn:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0708416/

Also, original T'Pring was pretty hot.
Her modern counterpart is remarkably similar looking, and also pretty hot.
Old 06-19-2022, 02:42 AM   #98
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:

Spoiler!
I'm fine with serialized elements in an episodic format (effectively they're already doing that with the characters already such as the development of Spock's relationships with T'Pring/Chapel). TNG certainly had that as well. I don't think it's an issue if Angel or Sybok pop up once in a while as running villains.

I haven't watched Final Frontier in a long, long time but I seem to recall Sybok, the character, being less of an issue than the plot of that movie itself (and especially the ending). There may be interesting places this show could take him.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-23-2022, 10:26 AM   #99
Immanentize The Eschaton

God damn it. Just when I started internally bitching about how goofy the episode was even though it was fun, those sumbitches had to punch me in the gut like that.
Old 06-23-2022, 10:29 AM   #100
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Well, the last episode was definitely a step back. While it wasn't horrible, and was clearly going for light-hearted laughs after the Gorn episode, it definitely had some Discovery creep to it. Apparently Chapel is bi, and it's pretty obvious that the butch helmsman chick has the hots for her. Similar vibe developing between Number One and the security officer.

This show is so promising. Don't want to see it devolve into woke shit.

Apparently so.
Old 06-23-2022, 11:18 AM   #101
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Ugh. I crapped out midway through the last episode and now I don't really have any desire to see the current one.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-23-2022, 11:27 AM   #102
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Ugh. I crapped out midway through the last episode and now I don't really have any desire to see the current one.
I was surprised because it's the kind of episode that shows normally do after they have well established characters, to change things up a bit. It's a fantasy episode with many of the actors playing parts that are dissimilar from their normal roles. They all obviously had a blast doing it and hammed it up quite a bit. Also, Lieutenant La'an Noonien-Singh (Christina Chong) has some great tits.
Old 06-24-2022, 12:19 PM   #103
Perpetual Mediocrity

So that was unexpectedly hugely emotional at the end. Really made the episode for me.

I'm also not sure how well the rest of it will go over with most in this era of TV, but these are the kinds of stories you can and should be doing on an episodic series and very much reminds me of aspects of TOS.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 07:23 PM   #104
Perpetual Mediocrity

Definitely didn't notice this Easter egg.
Old 06-25-2022, 11:16 AM   #105
On Hiatus

While the last episode was light hearted I actually chuckled until the end when they get into your heart.

The fact that some of the characters play people they aren't normally made it fun for me.

And yes...Noonien-Singh definitely has some distinguishing features they tend to hide with her normal uniform.
Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.