Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2021, 08:10 PM   Topic Starter
Supporter

Just got my first pellet smoker. Any tips?

Honestly, I wasn't even looking for one, but I was at Sam's Club on Saturday and their demo company was selling the Z-grill700-2F. The guy pitched it to me and I was sold. The fact that he had one left in the box, and 2 already built displays left, one which I was able to buy, closed the deal. The price was great too. It was only $399. They have the same model on the company website, on sale, for $529.
Anyway. I brought it home and immediately burned it in and grilled some steaks and pork chops on it, which turned out great. I plan to smoke a brisket or rubs on it this weekend. I watched some videos on YouTube. One guy smoked his ribs using the 4--1-1 method. Smoke 4 hours at 225, wrap in foil and add water. Cook for another hour, remove the foil, add BBQ sauce and smoke for another hour. I've never tried that method. Sounds like a short cut to get them tender in half the time. Do any of you like that method?
I know that you guys are the kings of all things BBQ, so any pointers would be greatly appreciated. It sounds like this is going to make smoking a breeze. Fill the hopper, set the PID, and go. Is it really that easy with pellet smokers?
jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.