Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-16-2015, 07:58 AM  
Cheaterlover*

Marvel's "Ant-Man"

Can't find a thread and the new useless Google search function sucks donkey balls.

Just watched it in IMAX. I enjoyed it. Good origin story, had humor, human interest, decent action, decent effects, left it open to bring him right into the new movie canon. Wasn't stupid or silly as I feared. It won't make a ton of money but will be on par with some of the "Captain America" and "Thor" box office takes.
JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 07-25-2015, 05:13 PM   #61
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragedogg69 View Post
Michael Pena said he ad libbed most of those stories. He based it off a friend he has whole tells him a whole bunch of bullshit to get to the point.
Those stories were great. Art opening, wine-tasting.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-25-2015, 05:16 PM   #62
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
Those stories were great. Art opening, wine-tasting.
Yeah, they embraced the character instead of letting him stand off to the side and be annoying.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-25-2015, 10:00 PM   #63
infralapsarianism

Saw it once by myself. It was great.

Saw it a second time with some friends... Still great. It's a really good mix of action and comedy. Rudd, Douglas, and to a lesser degree Pena click extremely well and make it work.

The Russian hacker's voice is my only real complaint. Made me keep thinking "Constantine the world's most dangerous frog" from Muppets Most Wanted. Some of the ant stuff made me think Honey I Shrunk the Kids, but that's not a negative.
Chieficus would the whole thing.Chieficus would the whole thing.Chieficus would the whole thing.Chieficus would the whole thing.Chieficus would the whole thing.Chieficus would the whole thing.Chieficus would the whole thing.Chieficus would the whole thing.Chieficus would the whole thing.Chieficus would the whole thing.Chieficus would the whole thing.
Old 07-25-2015, 11:21 PM   #64
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chieficus View Post
Saw it once by myself. It was great.

Saw it a second time with some friends... Still great. It's a really good mix of action and comedy. Rudd, Douglas, and to a lesser degree Pena click extremely well and make it work.

The Russian hacker's voice is my only real complaint. Made me keep thinking "Constantine the world's most dangerous frog" from Muppets Most Wanted. Some of the ant stuff made me think Honey I Shrunk the Kids, but that's not a negative.
It was being thrown around to cast Rick Moranis as Pym BTW
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2015, 01:03 AM   #65
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
It was being thrown around to cast Rick Moranis as Pym BTW
I'm not sure where you heard that but it's completely false.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2015, 02:34 AM   #66
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I'm not sure where you heard that but it's completely false.
http://www.screengonzo.com/2015/07/2...and-giant-man/

The director in fact was talking about it in an interview, correction it was a cameo.

Last edited by Tribal Warfare; 07-26-2015 at 02:42 AM..
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2015, 08:46 AM   #67
Consuming CP souls

Ant Man? Nope
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2015, 04:19 PM   #68
Keep doubting J MFing Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
I have an unexplainable, irrational hatred for Paul Rudd. Punch-able face. I will not see this movie. Ever.

Adam Levine too. I ****ing hate that guy!
I did at one time. This video made it impossible for me to hate him any longer.
http://www.kcchiefs.com/media-center...b-c2d5a9476c7d
beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2015, 06:28 PM   #69
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball View Post
Ant Man? Nope
Too bad for you. It's a good time.
Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 07-26-2015, 06:30 PM   #70
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silock View Post
Too bad for you. It's a good time.
So's your mom! oops, I mean to say, damn right! It really is a fun movie all around. Not the very best Marvel film but nothing to complain about.
AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-29-2015, 11:49 PM   #71
Supporter

I saw Ant Man tonight at Arclight and found it to be extremely enjoyable and well done. The casting was perfect, Rudd was surprisingly good in this role, Michael Douglas, Corey Stoll and Evangeline Lilly were excellent (as expected) but Michael Pena's character stole each scene. He was great.

IMO, this movie is on the level of Guardians, Iron Man and Winter Soldier, all of which I thought were fantastic. I'll definitely purchase the Blu-Ray and I'm really looking forward to Ant Man 2.

Highly recommended.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-30-2015, 09:17 AM   #72
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I saw Ant Man tonight at Arclight and found it to be extremely enjoyable and well done. The casting was perfect, Rudd was surprisingly good in this role, Michael Douglas, Corey Stoll and Evangeline Lilly were excellent (as expected) but Michael Pena's character stole each scene. He was great.

IMO, this movie is on the level of Guardians, Iron Man and Winter Soldier, all of which I thought were fantastic. I'll definitely purchase the Blu-Ray and I'm really looking forward to Ant Man 2.

Highly recommended.
Agreed on all accounts.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-03-2015, 07:33 AM   #73
Go Beavers!

Do you need to have seen Avengers 2 before seeing Ant-Man?
Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 08-03-2015, 07:34 AM   #74
MVP

Nope
Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:06 AM   #75
Back again, again.

Yeah, not at all.
Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.