Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-16-2015, 07:58 AM  
Cheaterlover*

Marvel's "Ant-Man"

Can't find a thread and the new useless Google search function sucks donkey balls.

Just watched it in IMAX. I enjoyed it. Good origin story, had humor, human interest, decent action, decent effects, left it open to bring him right into the new movie canon. Wasn't stupid or silly as I feared. It won't make a ton of money but will be on par with some of the "Captain America" and "Thor" box office takes.
JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 07-17-2015, 03:58 PM   #16
In Search of a Life

oh, they should just go ahead and give the Oscar to the effects guys who de-aged Michael Douglas 30 years. That was incredible.
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-17-2015, 04:14 PM   #17
Future NBA Finals MVP

Just going to see it cuz I like Paul Rudd, previews looked pretty lame, but we'll see. Looks to have been getting rather good reviews.

Last edited by BWillie; 07-17-2015 at 04:21 PM..
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-17-2015, 04:55 PM   #18
Back again, again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
oh, they should just go ahead and give the Oscar to the effects guys who de-aged Michael Douglas 30 years. That was incredible.
I assumed they just used pictures of him from thirty years ago.
Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 07-17-2015, 05:05 PM   #19
Back again, again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
Going to see it tonight. How good were the "hidden credits" scenes?
The mid-credits scene was neat but predictable. The end-credits scene was short but good and very set-up-py.
Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 07-18-2015, 12:42 AM   #20
MVP

Good movie!
Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 07-18-2015, 01:08 AM   #21
Banned

i give it a solid B. Much better than I expect from such a character tbh. I also feel it would be better if i had a better audience and i didn't go alone lol
RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-18-2015, 04:53 AM   #22
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobBlake View Post
i give it a solid B. Much better than I expect from such a character tbh. I also feel it would be better if i had a better audience and i didn't go alone lol
Same here, my group hardly laughed while I was busting a gut.
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-18-2015, 04:55 AM   #23
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
[SPOILER]They being who?

Spoiler!
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-18-2015, 09:37 AM   #24
Back again, again.

Quote:
I agree. I thought Michael Douglas and Paul Rudd carried it.

More, for those of you who've seen it ...
Spoiler!
Old 07-18-2015, 08:24 PM   #25
Plays to win the game!

It was formulaic as hell. But The casting and writing put it above a good movie for me.
Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-19-2015, 07:55 PM   #26
MTFU

Great movie
thabear04 is obviously part of the inner Circle.thabear04 is obviously part of the inner Circle.thabear04 is obviously part of the inner Circle.thabear04 is obviously part of the inner Circle.thabear04 is obviously part of the inner Circle.thabear04 is obviously part of the inner Circle.thabear04 is obviously part of the inner Circle.thabear04 is obviously part of the inner Circle.thabear04 is obviously part of the inner Circle.thabear04 is obviously part of the inner Circle.thabear04 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-19-2015, 10:18 PM   #27
Supporter

****ing Marvel. Those guys shit gold.

10 years ago, if you told me I would thoroughly enjoy a movie about a shrinking dude that communicates with ants, I would have laughed your ass out of the room. But by god they did it. And they did it within the universe with demigods, huge overreaching government agencies, super soldiers, and a guy with a bow and arrow that whips the **** out of dudes with automatic weapons and robots. Oh and don't forget the giant green rage monster. It's mind boggling when you think about it.

There were a couple times where I had to shut my skeptics brain off, but all in all, it was really well done. I didn't have a whole lot of trouble believing it all.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-20-2015, 02:24 PM   #28
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Again Marvel takes a B list property and makes a very enjoyable movie.

A nice tip of the hat to the Avengers without distracting from the flick and a good after-credits glimpse of future MCU events.

Also like how they made Pym kind of a d!ck without making him a wife beater.

All in all good performances, only a few inconsistencies (his mass should be the same when he shrinks or is regular size and at times they clearly forget that,) and solid mix of action and comedy like in GOTG...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-20-2015, 03:11 PM   #29
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
Again Marvel takes a B list property and makes a very enjoyable movie.

A nice tip of the hat to the Avengers without distracting from the flick and a good after-credits glimpse of future MCU events.

Also like how they made Pym kind of a d!ck without making him a wife beater.

All in all good performances, only a few inconsistencies (his mass should be the same when he shrinks or is regular size and at times they clearly forget that,) and solid mix of action and comedy like in GOTG...
The mass thing was one thing I had to shut my mind off. They should not have mentioned it.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-20-2015, 04:19 PM   #30
Oh yeah..... you like that

I also liked how they have a reason why not to have the Avengers fix this. Every Marvel film since the Avengers could easily been like "let have the avengers fix this."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post

All in all good performances, only a few inconsistencies (his mass should be the same when he shrinks or is regular size and at times they clearly forget that,)
ragedogg69 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ragedogg69 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ragedogg69 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ragedogg69 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ragedogg69 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ragedogg69 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ragedogg69 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ragedogg69 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ragedogg69 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ragedogg69 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ragedogg69 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.