Brad Pitt
Margot Robbie
Burt Reynolds
Timothy Olyphant
Michael Madsen
Tim Roth
Dewey Crow as Manson

This is going to be one epic movie.

Last edited by BigRedChief; 06-08-2019 at 08:04 AM..
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2020, 05:29 PM   #301
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
In fact, the movie was coming close to losing me during that big extended filming scene in the middle where Rick was on the set of the western.
One of my favorite parts.

"Poor Easy Breezy."
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 09:18 PM   #302
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Just tell me Jackie Browns in your top 3 and we’re still cool
Bottom 3

Reserviour Dogs
Pulp Fiction
Inglorious Bastards
Once Upon a time in Hollywood
Kill Bill Vol. 1
Django Unchained
Kill Bill Vol. 2
Jackie Brown
Deathproof
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:22 PM   #303
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
While Cliff was the soul of the movie, Rick was the heart of the movie. Without Rick, there would have been no Cliff.

I'm surprised to see so many people pan LDC's performance and character. For me, it was absolutely mind blowing to actually SEE a real TV Series, Lancer, acted out by actors, who themselves are being portrayed by actors in a TV series within in a movie.

The way LDC seamlessly transitioned from Rick Dalton in Bounty Law to a criminal in Lancer, then back to Rick Dalton the person was simply amazing, IMO, and his performance was absolutely stellar.

As much as I've loved Brad Pitt's characters over the years, I always see Brad Pitt in the role. I didn't really see Cliff when Pitt was onscreen, I saw Pitt.

Yet LDC was essentially playing three different characters in the film and I saw each and every one of those and not Leonardo Di Caprio.
Honestly thought it was some of the best acting I’ve ever seen.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:26 PM   #304
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepPurple View Post
I'm as real as a donut, Mother ****er!!

I love 1968 and '69 music. I graduated high school in '68, this movie is right up my alley. I didn't think that many people would really dig it. I'm glad some of you like it. I guess you have to be a fan of the 60's to really get into it. I've got a small section of a wall at home with about 25 photos of shows and movies I like from the 60's and such.

To really love this movie, as I did, I think you needed to check off at least a couple of these boxes:

Have been alive during the 60’s: missed it by 7 years

Love American history: check

Love great acting: check

Love Tarantino films: check
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 09:37 PM   #305
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Bottom 3

Reserviour Dogs
Pulp Fiction
Inglorious Bastards
Once Upon a time in Hollywood
Kill Bill Vol. 1
Django Unchained
Kill Bill Vol. 2
Jackie Brown
Deathproof
We’re all welcome to our own tastes, they’re all incredible works... I just tend to enjoy his more grounded fare that’s all
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 01:28 AM   #306
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabblerouser View Post
One of my favorite parts.

"Poor Easy Breezy."
love how tarantino references obscure stories in the background of the main story....dalton's co-star in the TV pilot was a real life character james stacy, played by timothy olyphant...as the production winds down for the day they show stacy hopping on his motorcycle and riding off

in real life stacy had a bad motorcycle crash and lost limbs and had a promising acting career derailed...
smith11 is not part of the Right 53.smith11 is not part of the Right 53.smith11 is not part of the Right 53.smith11 is not part of the Right 53.smith11 is not part of the Right 53.smith11 is not part of the Right 53.smith11 is not part of the Right 53.smith11 is not part of the Right 53.smith11 is not part of the Right 53.smith11 is not part of the Right 53.smith11 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 04-06-2020, 04:02 AM   #307
Banned

Going to have to watch it again I guess. Was kinda meant for me first time through.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:35 AM   #308
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
Having Easy's background knowledge on the Manson story and/or Dane's in-depth grasp of theater may have made this a different viewing for me. I came in looking for a Tarantino roller coaster ride and that didn't happen.

I really enjoy most everything Pitt, Leo, and QT have made. I was picturing another QT non-linear piece with his rich dialogue and "wow" moments typical of his films. There was some of that but it appears this one was nuanced in ways that didn't line up with me.
I need to watch this one again. We really enjoyed it, and I think it could be my favorite QT movie.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-06-2020, 08:51 AM   #309
I could of gone pro

One of the greatest uses of a song in a movie. At 4:00 Vanilla Fudge You keep me hangin on. They happen to be the first concert I ever attended, 1968.

DeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-06-2020, 09:20 AM   #310
MVP

Watched it again last night, even better the second time imo.
Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 04-06-2020, 09:24 AM   #311
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
If you can’t dig this movie... EAT SHIT

Just tell me Jackie Browns in your top 3 and we’re still cool

Let's just agree that the opening scene in Basterds was one of the most engaging opening scenes in any movie ever.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 09:29 AM   #312
Be Kind To Your Pets

When I was watching and Sharon Tate goes to the house party, Steve McQueen shows up. My first thought was "Hey, that's Captain Winters from Band of Brothers!" He did look similar to McQueen. I never would have put those two together. Good casting.
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 09:35 AM   #313
MVP

Quote:

Just tell me Jackie Browns in your top 3.
Didn’t know you listened to the Delfonics?
Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 04-06-2020, 10:21 AM   #314
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepPurple View Post
One of the greatest uses of a song in a movie. At 4:00 Vanilla Fudge You keep me hangin on. They happen to be the first concert I ever attended, 1968.

The ending is amazing the way it plays with your expectations. It uses your knowledge of the real life events to build tension, then when the events change its this huge tension release and pretty funny the way it plays out.

I actually read something awhile back that said it didn’t play as well with younger audiences who didn’t know the real events of that night. Some were just confused by it.
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-13-2020, 12:38 PM   #315
Has a particular set of skills

Kill Bill 3 as his last film?

https://www.nme.com/news/film/kill-b...ks-2666915?amp

Uma Thurman and Quentin Tarantino are in talks for ‘Kill Bill Vol. 3’
"I'd love for them to figure it out," said one of the first film's key actors