Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-05-2021, 10:45 AM   #2
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider View Post
There just isn't much chemistry between Sam and Bucky. You can tell they are trying, but it really isn't working.

Zemo in his mask was super cool, and it really picked up with Sharon.

Just way too much talking and not enough action.

I'll keep watching in hopes that it follows the last half of this last episode, and doesn't return to the all the talking
There are many problems with TFATWS, from the ridiculous notion that these guys could be "broke" after the saving the world, to the silly and generic plot line of "let's break out the bad guy to help us!" to the general lethargy of the non-action scenes.

But the biggest issue, in my opinion, is that the audience expected an MCU film but instead, got a Marvel TV show.

There's just nothing at stake. Flag Smashers? Really? That's the biggest issue in the post-Endgame world? A few "Super Soldiers" running around that want the world to be like it was during "The Blip"? I mean, half of life in the Universe just returned without any explanation and the remaining Avengers are chasing around a few Super Soldiers? Overpopulation, an immediate lack of resources, including food and suddenly full oceans, forests, farms and homes, not to mention the fact that aliens could invade at any moment, and we're supposed to be concerned about Flag Smashers?

And what's with the absolutely stupid Sharon Carter subplot? She worked for Shield, she's Peggy Carter's niece, she helped Steve Rogers, who in turn helped to save the world against Thanos, yet she's on the run from the governments of the world? This storyline is like a Saturday morning cartoon, not a $150 million dollar, six episode entry into the MCU.

I'm watching it just to watch and I'm hoping that something cool and important will happen but if not, it's most definitely Marvel's biggest and sorest blunder to date, and by a wide margin, IMO.

WandaVision was quirky and interesting from the get go, then BOOM! Blew up into this beautiful, quirky, weird, strange series in which the anticipation of what would happen next captured massive audiences across the globe. My kids and I were so excited to see "What happens next?" each week and I even allowed them to stay up late one Thursday night until Midnight because they didn't have school the next day, and we were not disappointed.

Yet with TFATWS, I have to remind them each week that there's a new episode on Friday and more often than not, I have to remind myself. It's just a huge disappointment on a grand scale for me. Shockingly huge.

When this series is over, will anyone care?
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote