Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-20-2024, 03:13 PM  
future chiefs fans

NFL likely banning hip-drop tackle

YAC gods will go crazy
oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 03-21-2024, 05:32 AM   #91
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
You soft as hell broski. Probably never been in a fight in your life pussy.

I never said players can't tackle clean and still be physical. Obviously the flag football pink jersey comment was a joke.

I don't want players to try and injure other players but it is reality and they can change the rules all they want. That's not going to change..

https://theathletic.com/3635296/2022...injure-player/

Whatever you say. Have a good day
Whatever, Bro. I've been in plenty of fights because I can't keep my mouth shut around assholes and bullies. I also started playing football when I was twelve all the way through high school. Never did I have to tackle someone dirty to get the job done.

Injuries are a reality in football, no doubt. But you can't let players intentionally try to hurt other players as a means to an end.
penchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 03-21-2024, 05:59 AM   #92
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming the Merciless View Post
you can drop down , you just cant plant your hip into their leg when you fall down...right?
Yes
penchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 03-21-2024, 06:00 AM   #93
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAGA45 View Post
In the broader sense I would agree but some of the "best players" have been backups that seized an opportunity in the wake of the starter getting seriously hurt.
Some

But usually not. Browning was actually halfway decent but burrow is way more fun to watch. Other qbs like Dobbs and Easton stick were flat out unwatchable
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-21-2024, 06:09 AM   #94
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklandhater View Post

YAC gods will go crazy
Its proper and good that the model for this cheap shot football is a Bengal defender. Tony Romo loves him some Lou Anarumo who teaches this cheap shit.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-21-2024, 06:12 AM   #95
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
I'd prefer to watch them play the game.

Guys get hurt, will always get hurt, will never stop getting hurt.
You will never get rid of injuries, but you can reduce them.

I think we can mostly agree that players should not play through serious concussions. As long as you enforce that rule the defense gets a huge advantage because they can hit stick a player out of the game. People can get mad about defenseless WR rules all they want but to me it's a cheap way to win games by knocking great players out. And that is only 1 game. Even more important when you lose guys for the whole season or ruin careers.

18 teams last year finished the season with a backup qb starting due to injury.hard to imagine how anyone think that is less of a problem than not seeing a few guys tackle freely
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-21-2024, 06:28 AM   #96
Has a particular set of skills

Is this the tackle that gave patrick the high ankle sprain?
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-21-2024, 06:44 AM   #97
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Is this the tackle that gave patrick the high ankle sprain?
Yep it is
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 07:33 AM   #98
THE RED MENACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by penchief View Post
Whatever, Bro. I've been in plenty of fights because I can't keep my mouth shut around assholes and bullies.

The last thing we need is another 15 yard penalty with a first down for the refs to use to control the outcome of the game.

Last edited by BIG_DADDY; 03-21-2024 at 08:08 AM..
BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-21-2024, 08:30 AM   #99
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY View Post

The last thing we need is another 15 yard penalty with a first down for the refs to use to control the outcome of the game.
You have to go out of your way to tackle someone like that. Just like any penalty, there will be some questionable calls. But that tackle is totally unnecessary. It's a dirty play. If you can't beat them, injure them.
Old 03-21-2024, 08:33 AM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by penchief View Post
You have to go out of your way to tackle someone like that. Just like any penalty, there will be some questionable calls. But that tackle is totally unnecessary. It's a dirty play. If you can't beat them, injure them.
This is my thinking. The first time I remember ever seeing it was when it happened to Mahomes in the Jags game. It's a very unnatural way to try and get somebody on the ground. You have to be making an effort to do that weird shit, which means some asshole coach/coaches caught on to the fact that it leads to injury and started coaching players to do it. **** that and **** them. Make it illegal and start throwing flags on the newest dirty shit that people have discovered.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-21-2024, 08:39 AM   #101
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
This is my thinking. The first time I remember ever seeing it was when it happened to Mahomes in the Jags game. It's a very unnatural way to try and get somebody on the ground. You have to be making an effort to do that weird shit, which means some asshole coach/coaches caught on to the fact that it leads to injury and started coaching players to do it. **** that and **** them. Make it illegal and start throwing flags on the newest dirty shit that people have discovered.
Or its just a result of all the bullshit rules stacked against the defense that prevents them from doing their job so the players started shifting their weight in different ways to prevent extra yards.

Just make it flag football already.
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 08:46 AM   #102
Valiant 'The Thread Killer'

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
I know people are generally against this.

But the worst unwatchable football is when great players aren't on the field. Nobody wants to watch a playoff game with skyler Thompson. That is way less watchable than stricter penalties on tackling. We lucked out on mahomes avoiding serious injury last year but our tune would totally change if he didn't come back.

So yeah, in general I'm OK with it considering that unlike a lot of rules about hitting qbs this one seems to injure at an extremely high rate
So can't tackle high even if a offensive player drops his head. Stopped people from tackling up high from behind..can't go low from knee shots or players hurdling. Can't go in to fast.if they are not paying attention or leave your feet.

Now you can't use your weight to bring down a player.

What should a cb do to tackle someone bigger than him?

What about gang tackles? Almost all of them use weight to stop the runner.

Meanwhile, offensive players can stiff arms to the face. Something that really can't be defended and pop a defenders head back. They can chop out legs one on one.

They are going to remove the excitement from the game.

They need to balance rules..

If this passes then players should be down where wrapped up.

Make it flag.

As I have stated before. They would be safer with getting rid of helmets and pads.

Go rugby. Leather small pads and leather helmets.
Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-21-2024, 08:48 AM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1020 View Post
Or its just a result of all the bullshit rules stacked against the defense that prevents them from doing their job so the players started shifting their weight in different ways to prevent extra yards.

Whatever. The same method of tackling that has been taught at the youth level for decades is still completely legal and works. This flag football crying bullshit is over-the-top.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 08:50 AM   #104
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1020 View Post

That's not accurate. There are plenty of clean ways to tackle. Just look at how elite our defensive backs are when it comes to tackling. No need to employ a tackling technique that seems dubious and less efficient unless the goal is to injure.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 08:57 AM   #105
MVP

Man this thread is amazing. I guess tackling is woke now???

Not my NFL
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 3     Reply With Quote