Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-29-2017, 12:00 AM  
Special Teams ACE!!!

Herm Edwards will interview for Arizona State HC job

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...-this-weekend/

We don't have any Sun Devil fans here on CP, do we? If so, we need to keep them on suicide watch
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-30-2017, 12:21 AM   #121
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Don’t disagree there.

He may do well in college. I wouldn’t play for the man but kids might.
You have kids don't you? How would you feel about sending your kid there? How he did NFL aside in genuinely interested.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-30-2017, 12:27 AM   #122
In Search of a Life

I really don't even know why they fired the coach they had.

He wasn't doing that bad.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 11-30-2017, 12:41 AM   #123
Champs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
I really don't even know why they fired the coach they had.

He wasn't doing that bad.
That's what confused me. I mean, 46-31 with a 31-23 in conference play isn't bad by any means, in a PAC12. Sooo.....
Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-30-2017, 12:42 AM   #124
Inmem 2.0

Reading the AD's comments he wants to be a contender in college football. Well see if that happens.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-30-2017, 12:45 AM   #125
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter Libby View Post
You have kids don't you? How would you feel about sending your kid there? How he did NFL aside in genuinely interested.
My kids to play for Herm?

I don’t know. I’d probably leave it to him and only give my opinion if he asked for it.

My opinion on what he should do would depend on what position etc and how good he was. If he had a shot at the league I’d probably need to do some homework. Herm did enough stuff he might actually have some good connections but the assistants are going to have to do the developing. He can’t. But honestly I’d guess he needs to go somewhere where he can be successful. And that’s not with Herm.

If he was going to top out as a college player I probably wouldn’t mind. Unless he grandstanded me in my home. Then I would make him leave.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-30-2017, 12:47 AM   #126
Champs!

Quote:
Reading the AD's comments he wants to be a contender in college football. Well see if that happens.
Well, if the AD really wanted a contender in Arizona State, the AD surely could have done a whole a lot better than Herman Edwards.....
Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 12:49 AM   #127
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
Well, if the AD really wanted a contender in Arizona State, the AD surely could have done a whole a lot better than Herman Edwards.....
We shall see. Washington State and Colorado have had success recently soooo....
Old 11-30-2017, 12:54 AM   #128
Champs!

Quote:
We shall see. Washington State and Colorado have had success recently soooo....
That's because they got Leach, who was the HC for Texas Tech and OC for Oklahoma and Kentucky. Colorado had Mike MacIntyre who was a HC for San Jose State and a DC for Duke.

Plus, they have better (and recent) credibility than Edwards.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 01:21 AM   #129
MVP

Quote:
Billay, are you on the way up or did you run out of hooch? You were starting to make sense then bang: back to being drunk.
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-30-2017, 02:41 AM   #130
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Bull****ingshit. Stop looking at the stupid ****ing cap. By year 3 it was moot anyway. The dead money was gone. Huge cap space and had cycled through a shitload of draft picks. Gargantuan UDFA classes and a chance to get whatever FA he wanted.

Stop getting bogged down in bullshit details that cloud your judgement of the situation. Fact of the matter is good personnel men make good personnel decisions. Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards made horrific decisions. That’s the end of it, man.

There were places all over this team for Ron Parker, Husain Abdullah, Josh Mauga types. Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of Clint Edwards got NONE of those type of guys.

I’ve been over this with you a million times before. Building a team takes more than hitting on 6 or so draft picks in 3 years. Herm was in charge of personnel. He was shit at it.

He wrecked the ****ing franchise.
If I concede your point that he should have been better at drafting, then your claim is our strategy was right but we should have been getting better faster. How exactly is being behind schedule "wrecking the franchise?"

But moving in the wrong strategic direction is acceptable... because it gets you a few garbage 6-10 seasons. Or better yet, making 1 playoff appearance but leaving behind the oldest roster in football with a gigantic multi-year cap mess... that's not wrecking the franchise? So it's okay to leave behind a 3 year mess, but god forbid we be a year or 2 behind in our development.

If you're a new GM, which situation would you want. The $20M over the cap talented veteran roster with all 30+ year old veterans and no young guys, or the $50M under the cap roster with no talent. That's about as easy of a question as you're gonna get. A few years ago, Gus Bradley was scapegoated for building a roster the same way. They called him a 3-win coach - he knew he could spend on players to immediately build his credibility, but he patiently stuck it out. Don't think there's a damn person that looks at Jacksonville's team right now and hates what that team turned into.

Last edited by chiefzilla1501; 11-30-2017 at 02:49 AM..
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-30-2017, 08:33 AM   #131
Politically Incorrect

If he takes the job I may go to a few games to check out all the hot chicks and use him as the excuse as why a 54 year old guy is sitting alone in the stands with sunglasses among all the college kids and not really watching the game.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-30-2017, 08:45 AM   #132
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
Considering most of those guys are system guys, I think this is pretty different. I would think he's smart enough to know the Tampa 2 is dead but who knows. But more than anything, it's about expectations. Anyone who thought lovie or chan would excel in college is a moron. I certainly think as long as he somewhat modernizes the scheme the team could easily be an above .500 bowl contender. But yeah, of course if the expectation is to be a consistent top 10 or 20 team, that's totally unrealistic.
It is more than just X's and O's and scheme.

Herm hasn't been involved in the world of college football recruiting in 30 years and that was at a small level school.

If Herm builds a strong coaching staff and he serves as more of a CEO type HC I could maybe see this work, but considering Kevin Sumlin was there for the taking... a proven winner at the collegiate level, a good recruiter and an innovative offensive mind, I don't know why Arizona State felt the need to hire Herm.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-30-2017, 08:51 AM   #133
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
If Herm builds a strong coaching staff and he serves as more of a CEO type HC I could maybe see this work
I think Herm would be a great closer for recruiting.
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 11-30-2017, 08:56 AM   #134
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Poor Zona, wow.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-30-2017, 09:21 AM   #135
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Poor Zona State, wow.
Fixed that for you. We who pull more for the University of Arizona are quite pleased with this hire.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.