Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-29-2017, 12:00 AM  
Special Teams ACE!!!

Herm Edwards will interview for Arizona State HC job

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...-this-weekend/

We don't have any Sun Devil fans here on CP, do we? If so, we need to keep them on suicide watch
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2017, 02:11 PM   #31
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat View Post
ESPN is about to can a bunch of people again so maybe he's just getting out before he gets axed.
That occurred to me, but they keep shitcanning people that can actually perform analysis, so I figured he was safe.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2017, 02:28 PM   #32
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

College teams looking for the next Pete Carroll or Jim Harbaugh, in terms of the NFL to college football coaching success story but more often than not they end up with Lovie Smith, Charlie Weis, Jim Mora, Jr., Chan Gailey, Al Groh, Mike Sherman failures.

Herm hasn't coached in college football in any capacity since the late 1980's (at San Jose State as a defensive backs coach).

Seems like a disaster in waiting IMO.

Arizona State should target Kevin Sumlin.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2017, 02:31 PM   #33
Threepeat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat View Post
ESPN is about to can a bunch of people again so maybe he's just getting out before he gets axed.
Never would have imagined ESPN being the sinking ship that it has become. Would think that Herm could find an analyst job elsewhere, but being a college coach seems like a good fit. Got to watch him head a football camp for kids. Very kind and generous person in private. Great with kids and parents. Sad to see all the venom. Guessing most of the ire comes from people who've never met him. Yeah, his last 2 years in KC were awful, but we'll never know how much of that was Herm and how much was due to the turmoil in the FO.
T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 03:46 PM   #34
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I didn’t say shit about Palko. Where is that coming from?

Maybe Solari wasn’t his guy but he wanted what Solari put out.

I know he hated what Gailey was doing because he would go to a press conference and talk about running the ball, controlling the clock, and playing tough power football and then a day later Gailey is out there throwing passes to the QB split out wide.

You really think that if Saunders’ system (with a ****load of power run game) is a “circus offense” that he loathed so much that a shitload of gadget plays and QB scrambles isn’t?

Come on man. I get it that you’re the last guy on the planet that doesn’t think Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards is pure fraud doesn’t mean he was the least bit progressive offensively. He never said anything in any conference ever about attacking weaknesses or creating matchups. He’s too stupid to understand it. It’s reinforced by his “analysis” on ESPN. It’s always “if you’ve got a guy that can throw 40 times and not turn it over you’re going to be hard to beat”. He gives no indication as to why teams can throw it 40 times without turning it over and others can’t. He’s just too stupid to understand scheme.
Show me a quote where herm rejected Gaileys pistol offense toward the end of the season. He started the season embracing his typical r2p2 but he seemed extremely supportive of the offense once Gailey started running it. Youre making this shit up that he at all resisted what Gailey was doing.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2017, 03:49 PM   #35
Rock Chalk Jayhawks! KU!!!

Buehler up I’m here with some serious beat downs. Well done my friend.
Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2017, 03:57 PM   #36
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
Show me a quote where herm rejected Gaileys pistol offense toward the end of the season. He started the season embracing his typical r2p2 but he seemed extremely supportive of the offense once Gailey started running it. Youre making this shit up that he at all resisted what Gailey was doing.
You couldn’t pay me enough to go back through Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards’ press conferences.

But good luck pushing the narrative that Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards was embracing and encouraging to a progressive offense. If you’re going to forget about all the nonsense he spewed here and after he went to ESPN be my guest. But good luck, man. Enjoy the fight. It will be you against the world.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2017, 03:59 PM   #37
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-post Tom View Post
Never would have imagined ESPN being the sinking ship that it has become. Would think that Herm could find an analyst job elsewhere, but being a college coach seems like a good fit. Got to watch him head a football camp for kids. Very kind and generous person in private. Great with kids and parents. Sad to see all the venom. Guessing most of the ire comes from people who've never met him. Yeah, his last 2 years in KC were awful, but we'll never know how much of that was Herm and how much was due to the turmoil in the FO.
He may be a kind person in real life but he is an arrogant grandstanding fraud every time he’s in front of a camera.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 04:06 PM   #38
In Search of a Life

Quote:
You couldn’t pay me enough to go back through Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards’ press conferences.

But good luck pushing the narrative that Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards was embracing and encouraging to a progressive offense. If you’re going to forget about all the nonsense he spewed here and after he went to ESPN be my guest. But good luck, man. Enjoy the fight. It will be you against the world.
I am asking you to show one ounce of proof. One. Everything after his last season pointed to Gailey keeping his job, and even consideration of Tyler Thigpen keeping his job despite his limitations. And a serious evaluation of the offense that sounded very embracing of continuing some version of the pistol.

You are making this shit up. You're the one who made the comment that he rejected this offense. Prove it. With something that he said, not something someone on cp speculated.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 04:11 PM   #39
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
College teams looking for the next Pete Carroll or Jim Harbaugh, in terms of the NFL to college football coaching success story but more often than not they end up with Lovie Smith, Charlie Weis, Jim Mora, Jr., Chan Gailey, Al Groh, Mike Sherman failures.

Herm hasn't coached in college football in any capacity since the late 1980's (at San Jose State as a defensive backs coach).

Seems like a disaster in waiting IMO.

Arizona State should target Kevin Sumlin.
Considering most of those guys are system guys, I think this is pretty different. I would think he's smart enough to know the Tampa 2 is dead but who knows. But more than anything, it's about expectations. Anyone who thought lovie or chan would excel in college is a moron. I certainly think as long as he somewhat modernizes the scheme the team could easily be an above .500 bowl contender. But yeah, of course if the expectation is to be a consistent top 10 or 20 team, that's totally unrealistic.
Old 11-29-2017, 04:15 PM   #40
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
I am asking you to show one ounce of proof. One. Everything after his last season pointed to Gailey keeping his job, and even consideration of Tyler Thigpen keeping his job despite his limitations. And a serious evaluation of the offense that sounded very embracing of continuing some version of the pistol.

You are making this shit up. You're the one who made the comment that he rejected this offense. Prove it. With something that he said, not something someone on cp speculated.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/9...at-quarterback
Since you won't find the simple ask of one shred of proof, I found it for you. Sounds like he wanted to keep a variation of the spread but wasn't convinced Thigpen was the best qb to do it but sounds like he was considering a plan B to run spread concepts with a different qb.
Old 11-29-2017, 04:22 PM   #41
Rock Chalk Jayhawks! KU!!!

Jesus.
Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2017, 04:30 PM   #42
Threepeat!

Quote:
He may be a kind person in real life but he is an arrogant grandstanding fraud every time he’s in front of a camera.
He's been bombastic at times, true. "Grandstanding"... yeah, I see that. We all know the "You play to win the game" moment. But I've always seen those bombastic moments as his "schtick", not arrogance. More entertainment value, which what football ultimately is for the fans. I don't really know him, so maybe I'm wrong. But off-camera, he was a gem when I was around him.
T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2017, 04:35 PM   #43
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-post Tom View Post
He's been bombastic at times, true. "Grandstanding"... yeah, I see that. We all know the "You play to win the game" moment. But I've always seen those bombastic moments as his "schtick", not arrogance. More entertainment value, which what football ultimately is for the fans. I don't really know him, so maybe I'm wrong. But off-camera, he was a gem when I was around him.
Buehler and reerun and several others are in the Herm is 100% wrong and he did literally 0% right in his entire HC career school. We have those same types of people for Alex Smith as well. It's sad that this type of overreaction gets ignored, but rational people like you step in and say "he wasn't a good coach but holy shit, he did at least 1% good." You will literally get steamrolled with that mentality.

Totally with you. Flawed coach. Not a good coach, not nearly the dumpster fire everyone said he was. Did a lot of bad things here but also did some good. And he will probably have about the same middling performance at ASU too.
Old 11-29-2017, 04:47 PM   #44
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
It might work because Herm could be a great recruiter
this. I wanted Texas to get him as their head coach. Thats gotta be like 80% of college football. Be the best recruiter.
Chief_For_Life58 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Chief_For_Life58 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Chief_For_Life58 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Chief_For_Life58 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Chief_For_Life58 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Chief_For_Life58 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Chief_For_Life58 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Chief_For_Life58 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Chief_For_Life58 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Chief_For_Life58 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Chief_For_Life58 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 11-29-2017, 04:49 PM   #45
It was not a fair catch

He wins a lot of first halves.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.