Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2021, 08:11 AM   Topic Starter
The Demon Preacher

Thoughts on value of used computer/components?

I have a buddy in need of a gaming rig and he wants to start playing Cities Skylines. His brother put together this build for him which I really don't like for the price.

Despite it's age, the 4770k is still punching well above it's weight class and most sites that compare processors have the Intel still outperforming the Ryzen 2 as a gaming machine.

I'm thinking of offering him my old build. Tell me what you think please. I gauged most of the prices off reddit hardware swap.

CPU: 4770k - $85

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compar...600/1537vs3955

MoBo: Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 - $50

Memory - x4 8GB HyperX DDR3 1866MHz - $60

CPU Cooler: Coolermaster NIC 84 - $25

PSU: Corsair CX750M - $30

Storage: Patriot 120GB SSD S3 / Seagate 4TB HDD - $50

Case: Fractal Node 804 w/ hard drive cages but the see through plastic is scuffed up pretty bad. Case includes x3 120mm fans. - $50

https://www.neweggbusiness.com/produ...=9b-11-352-047

GPU: Asus DUAL 1060 3GB - $150

Total price $500.

What say you all?
Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.